new F1 season gamers...

Reactions: List

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
image.jpg

3sosx2.jpg

wild how the cars are so heavy they cant even paint them anymore
It's nice but it's not like it's a cool car visually.

The appeal of these cars is that they're fast but that's about it. Or am I wrong?

In fact what the fuck is the reason people watch F1 racing.. It's just cars going around in a circle.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

The appeal of these cars is that they're fast but that's about it. Or am I wrong?

In fact what the fuck is the reason people watch F1 racing.. It's just cars going around in a circle.
why do people watch football? it’s just people kicking a ball

why do reason people watch boxing? it’s just people hitting eachother

the same reason people watch F1, once you know more about the sport - the technical details, what they’re doing, how much goes into it, how fucking hard it is (you’re thinking of nascar, bc I can’t think of a single circular f1 track), etc etc - you enjoy it, and obviously when you’ve got stake in teams and drivers, the overtakes become more exciting

the only reason i never liked f1 before is that I didn’t know what the fuck was going on, then a friend of mine that’s obsessed started talking about it a lot and telling me all about it and i started to understand what’s going on and realised it’s actually quite enjoyable

(does also depend on the race, Mexico last year was dull as shit)

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae

dae Car Go in Circle !!!?!?! arguement

i hate normies so much

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae

In these classes, such as F1 and MotoGP which are the very top end of racing classes it's less so about make the machine look nice and more so make the machine as fast as possible through thousands of hours of research and development.

There are some people that follow MotoGP who complain about how the bikes look now compared to what they did 8 or so years ago. What they don't realise is that this is a prototype class. They aren't building bikes for the purpose of looking nice and selling them on the street. They're building them to go as fast as possible and win championships. All design choices are made to eek every last bit of performance out of the machine. Racing usually comes down to mere thousandths of seconds to determine if you win or lose. In a game of margins, anything goes.

WZSB3WGSO4HFDL7KXVP5SM7ZLI.jpg

291983594_10160929842785769_2583595088635558987_n.jpg

Here's an example of Aprilia's bike for their MotoGP team. The first picture is from 2017, and is incredibly comparable to the typical bike you'd see on the road. When they had this bike, they were consistently in the middle of the pack, if not finishing near the back. The second photo is of their 2022 bike, and it looks nothing like anything you'd be able to buy on the road. Does it look a bit ugly with its snow-plow like wing on the front, and the little scoop underneath that looks like a last minute addition just tacked on? Yeah, kinda. But these radical design choices are now having them finish consistently in the top 5, with their rider finishing 4th in the standings overall which has never happened before.

As for the cars going in a circle argument, just look at what @Trains put. It's something you end up following and develop a real passion for. When you find a driver or team that you resonate with and support, it becomes almost like a way of life to follow them. There's so much more that goes into it rather than just the racing part on a Sunday. Development, tactics, qualifying. All of them play a part into the entire weekend. Things can come down to literally the last race of the season, which is always entertaining to watch. I remember seeing this when I was younger and it's stuck with me ever since.

Racing extends far past going past each other in a circuit. One of the greatest spectacles on Earth is the Isle of Man TT, where bikers race along public roads on the Isle of Man, competing not against each other, but against the clock. I'd recommend to give it a watch even if bikes don't interest you.

There's a racing series for everyone to enjoy!

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
cool now go cream yourself because of a really fast car going in circles

>some corners are so tight a regular car would have to break for like 40 seconds prior to getting there
>f1 cars have to go in at 200mph and break at the last possible second, sometimes not break at all
>without breaks locking up your steering and crashing you
>without timing it wrong by a milisecond and almost killing the guy next to you or losing your position
>without spinning out because there's no traction control
>without completely fucking your tires because if you stop for new tires at the wrong time your entire race will be ruined (assuming your team dont call you in at the wrong time anyway)

video was a bit more complicated than that, because it was just someone being a cunt

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

i like watchi g f1 cause i get to hang out with my family :)

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae

>some corners are so tight a regular car would have to break for like 40 seconds prior to getting there
>f1 cars have to go in at 200mph and break at the last possible second, sometimes not break at all
>without breaks locking up your steering and crashing you
>without timing it wrong by a milisecond and almost killing the guy next to you or losing your position
>without spinning out because there's no traction control
>without completely fucking your tires because if you stop for new tires at the wrong time your entire race will be ruined (assuming your team dont call you in at the wrong time anyway)

video was a bit more complicated than that, because it was just someone being a cunt

I know it's an extremely challenging sport. At this point, I'm just fucking with him for feeling so superior because he likes F1.

I heard a story about whoever it was that won a title or something. Regardless, the entire last lap his leg was cramped up but he didn't slow down and ended up winning by idk if it was seconds or milliseconds. Very fucking epic when stuff like that happens. But the majority of the time I just see cars going around a track for a couple of hours.

I don't get the appeal.

I went go-karting with my friends, however. Super fucking fun trying to get the fastest lap. I guess that's pretty much the same, just much more accessible.

e: found the vid

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
I know it's an extremely challenging sport. At this point, I'm just fucking with him for feeling so superior because he likes F1.

I heard a story about whoever it was that won a title or something. Regardless, the entire last lap his leg was cramped up but he didn't slow down and ended up winning by idk if it was seconds or milliseconds. Very fucking epic when stuff like that happens. But the majority of the time I just see cars going around a track for a couple of hours.

I don't get the appeal.

I went go-karting with my friends, however. Super fucking fun trying to get the fastest lap. I guess that's pretty much the same, just much more accessible.

e: found the vid

i like to watch crashes live
e:
also the vid u posted from 2021 was an amazing season, i (tried) to watch every race as the championship was so close for the entire season, literally coming down to a tie at the final race (then ending in controversy)

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
soaa6m.gif

i'm a drive to survive newfrog for the most part i was just Poking a Hole in your Argument because i found it Stupid!!!!!
i literally started watching last year i just developed an obsession with it because fast car go vroom

(bring back v10s)