CARPATHIAN RECALL |FEEDBACK

Nebulae

4FRkU7B.jpeg

Combine forces have successfully acquired the Stabilizer Core.

Thanks to @Rod for spearheading the idea

@Hunk @Taliazure [ALTERS] @Maytree for acting

@Numbers for helping out here and there

Sorry for the length, really need to work on pacing

@Provingmedusa @STUCK IN A CAKE @OneClassyBanana @rob @Andrew @OnerHikie @Zack @FreeSpy @'77 East @slick @Lewis!

Reactions: List

rob

Nebulae
Pros:
  • The environment - The map choice was good. It was always tense, and with the usage of NPCs and the map's in-built hazardous areas, it always felt like we were one step away from certain death.
  • The event actors - They did a good job of portraying bloodthirsty Vorts.
  • The performance - Smooth, consistent 100+ fps, something you could never get from the main server.
  • Staff response time - They were always quick to respond to my /help requests :)

Con:
  • The length - Maybe it's just me, but I thought the event was far too long. I'm a bit upset I couldn't see the event to its end, but once we were about three to four hours into it, I just wanted to take a break. Not trying to be rude or anything, I was just running low on energy about a few hours in! Sorry!

Nebulae
Pros:
  • The environment - The map choice was good. It was always tense, and with the usage of NPCs and the map's in-built hazardous areas, it always felt like we were one step away from certain death.
  • The event actors - They did a good job of portraying bloodthirsty Vorts.
  • The performance - Smooth, consistent 100+ fps, something you could never get from the main server.
  • Staff response time - They were always quick to respond to my /help requests :)

Con:
  • The length - Maybe it's just me, but I thought the event was far too long. I'm a bit upset I couldn't see the event to its end, but once we were about three to four hours into it, I just wanted to take a break. Not trying to be rude or anything, I was just running low on energy about a few hours in! Sorry!

me not accounting for @OneClassyBanana tacticool shenanigans (which aren't inherently wrong but something im too lenient on). i'll put a timer or smth next time. we were too worried about people rushing it that we didnt realize the opposite would be equally problematic

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
0FA15F9707FFE8EE4A3B5B750274DE0AEAC56714

64EF2FD0321F7F66A5FD1B2B34A1F247257FE1A7

and one more i couldn't take because stuck in a cake moved out of the position (he was standing super menacingly with the beam behind him and looked like a silhouette from the same angle of the last image, just imagine it 4head you play a roleplay server)

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Pro:
Environment was pretty crisp and neat, all the effects gave a good impression.
Event actors knew their stuff, the fights worked out alright.
Staff were around and the event didn't get bogged down with people needing to wait for /me's.
Ties into the main narrative so the fact it wasn't very personal on a character level wasn't a problem.

Con:
Nothing was ever explained to us about the security radio frequency or the explosives.
Guessing the latter was a map prop & the former was part of an abandoned plotline.

Music didn't really work as well as it could have, didn't play properly but it could just be specific to me (x86 branch).

Zack

Proton
Nebulae
This is the first time I got involved in an important story event with limited slots, and I was very paranoid of messing up if that wasn't evident from how quiet my char was at times.

But that fear quickly went away. Yeah, it was pretty damn long, but I had a blast. The atmosphere was great and actually left me feeling uneasy for the entire event, even when we were going back to the dropship. I thought the S2RP with the vorts was awesome, the situation with how the gravity shifted was actually really fun to mess around with. 100% going to keep an eye out for further events like this.
Y'all did great

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Man.

You absolutely fucking killed it. Both of you. You cooked.
Four Hours? Pssht. Four Hours of the most fun I've had on GMod in all of my 4.4K Hours.
I'm not even trying to exaggerate. I physically CANNOT because of how lost for words I am.

First off, the map pick was amazing. From the VERY START just looking at the sheer size of the Facility already set the tone and I was anxious the entire way through.

The entry, the room-clearing, CP's going off in their own teams while us three OTA stuck together and watched TV.

The build-up, all of the Xenians spawning in, the "HOLY SHIT" moment when the Gargantuan's came running in was amazing alongside our scramble in the vents.

Now, the REACTOR? Jesus FUCK. That's the most concentrated and anxious I've been on this server yet. Being point-man and charting a path through that shitstorm was TERRIFYING. But I made it through safe and sound. I felt SICK after it I was that scared.

The whole ripcord? Amazing. Us hauling ass through the different rooms, hallways and tunnels while uplifting music was playing really hit home that feeling of "We REALLY just did that, didn't we?"

I'd like to extend my greatest congratulations to @Rod and @Appetite Ruining Kebab for this event, alongside everyone else I played it with.

I CANNOT wait to see more come from you.

I'll be posting what screenshots I made in the screenshot thread soon.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Watching XRAY-5 fall into the meat grinder was funny.
Then I almost fell into it. Luckily I know how to surf, @Numbers saw.

I enjoyed the event, I tried to not take too much initiative because I wanted to cops to do much of the legwork, only stepping in when it was 'Hazardous'. Felt a little bad for cops at the end because I think they were just waiting for us to go through the reactor room lol.

Me and VICE-6 (@rob) holding off like two dozen bull-squids in a generator room was fun as fuck.

Pacing felt slow at times, but that's never too much of an issue in my opinion as it's much better than 'rushing through'. And like 77 East said, some props and items kindof got introduced but never explained and didn't matter in the end. We hauled that pack of explosives around not realizing it was probably just a map prop.

Scenes were cinematic, Hazards were fun to navigate. The wind tunnel was scary and the S2RP with the vorts lasted long enough to be tense but didn't feel like a drag. All in all very good event.