Change 'Admin Abuse Reports' to 'Staff Reports'

• Thread starter Deleted member 1381
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1381

title, I think it's more appropriate and fitting seeing as people usually post a staff report in that section but get told it's not abuse.
no, nothing has happened that's causing me to write this, I just think it's more appropriate

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
If it's too 'little' to be considered abuse, I'd rather it be done through a forum convo with the involved individuals instead of dragging it out for no particular reason. Especially considering most 'incidents' turn out to be misunderstandings or easily resolved matters that more often than not get blown up by everyone jumping on it.

Elliot

¯\_ º ͜ʖ º _/¯ not the head mod
Nebulae
Gotta agree with Roosebud here, it won't be healthy for every staff member's mistakes or misjudgments (we all make mistakes) to be called out publicly. Plus, ban appeals and PK appeals are there for this exact reason.

In terms of 'reports', wasn't there a thread for reviewing staff or am I being too much of an oldfag and thinking back to LP?

Reactions: List
Nebulae
If it's too 'little' to be considered abuse, I'd rather it be done through a forum convo with the involved individuals instead of dragging it out for no particular reason. Especially considering most 'incidents' turn out to be misunderstandings or easily resolved matters that more often than not get blown up by everyone jumping on it.
I agree that this is how minor incidents should be dealt with, but it's not that obvious for a new player to know that is what should be done. When I was a normal player I always tried to avoid talking to SDs because they're busy with other shit, and I'm never sure if it's worth bringing up. I just feel like we should say it somewhere, or people will continue making minor admin abuse reports that should be dealt with over PM/steam. Just a note in the format thread saying "anything that you feel is minor/not outright abuse should be dealt with via PM on the forum" or something.

In terms of 'reports', wasn't there a thread for reviewing staff or am I being too much of an oldfag and thinking back to LP?
that was just a "commend a staff member" thread, meant for complimenting admins pretty much (and gurrazor stole my idea for it the fuckhead)

we could make another though, it was kind of sweet

Cabbage

Female
Nebulae
Gotta agree with Roosebud here, it won't be healthy for every staff member's mistakes or misjudgments (we all make mistakes) to be called out publicly. Plus, ban appeals and PK appeals are there for this exact reason.

if that's the case, then what's the point of the admin abuse section?

If you want to keep everything private and in PMs then remove the Admin Abuse Reports section altogether. It's one or the other. You can either make it a 'Staff Reports' section or just remove it entirely.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
that was just a "commend a staff member" thread, meant for complimenting admins pretty much (and gurrazor stole my idea for it the fuckhead)

we could make another though, it was kind of sweet

Turn it into review though.

I don't wanna see asslicking promoted.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
if that's the case, then what's the point of the admin abuse section?

If you want to keep everything private and in PMs then remove the Admin Abuse Reports section altogether. It's one or the other. You can either make it a 'Staff Reports' section or just remove it entirely.

He's referring to my post, in which I said that minor things and small-time discussions should be kept private and through forum convos with those involved. Actual abuse or large issues should still be posted in admin abuse.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
so you agree that the name should be changed?

No, I actually believe it doesn't matter what the thing is called. People mainly suggested stuff like this so they could voice general complaints rather than structural issues and abuse, which can be resolved far more effectively through pms imo

Cabbage

Female
Nebulae
No, I actually believe it doesn't matter what the thing is called. People mainly suggested stuff like this so they could voice general complaints rather than structural issues and abuse, which can be resolved far more effectively through pms imo

If that's the case, wouldn't it be the same for admin abuse reports?

As I said, in my opinion it's a bit daft to have one thing handled in PMs and the other handled in a public thread.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
If that's the case, wouldn't it be the same for admin abuse reports?

As I said, in my opinion it's a bit daft to have one thing handled in PMs and the other handled in a public thread.

Well, no. Because as far as I'm concerned there's a distinct difference between a player disagreeing with a warning / having a personal conflict with a member of the staff / feeling like a kick etc was undeserved and matters such as exploiting staff commands / metagaming using logs / shadowbanning and so on.

What we'll end up having is a sub-forum clogged with people that have little issues that dont generally require my attention or intervention