Serious Change the now forgotten "Neb Crest of Fame" into "The Most Nebulous Artwork of the Month"

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
I really couldn't find a suitable subforum for a suggestion like this so i guessed i'd just make it in the general Creative forum. Feel free to transfer this thread if you mods feel like this ain't the place for it

Which server are you requesting the art work for?:

Forums

What exactly are you suggesting?:
Change the inactive "The Neb Crest of Fame" created by @Jamie into "The Most Nebulous Artwork of the Month"

What would the community gain from it?:
The creative folk (2D/3D Artists, Posers, Porters, Riggers etc.) would have a chance to further boost their ego (i'm joking btw) by having their artwork being mentioned in a unique and FANCY thread for those who's creative skills are superior compared to normal human beings.

There's also a chance for the community to have a chill, friendly monthly contest where anyone can vote, and everyone can participate (That wouldn't be the case for the only Media-Dev voting option, but still fun.)

A Description of what you're going for in this suggestion:
Basically, remove/rename the "The Neb Crest of Fame" thread into "The Most Nebulous Artwork of the Month" (or something else if you have a better name for it), a contest where you'd see the most fabulous, eye-striking artworks of the month (preferably 2 or 3 per month, each for different category, ex: "Infinite Detail" - showing an artwork with crazy amounts of detail put into it, "Eye Soother" - displaying a piece so nice and good-looking you could stare at it for hours, "Unorthodox" - exhibits an image where the usual 'norms' of the creative world are broken, we can see the true based abilities of the individual who created said piece.

The monthly "winners" could be chosen either by a monthly community pool where a main coordinator (Maybe a media dev or lead, @Flanders ?) chooses his top 3/2 of the month for each category, and then creates a a pool for the corresponding category's contestants, lasting one day for each category, and begging 3 days before the month ends, so that on the last of the month all three "winners" have been chosen.

or

A media-dev only based vote where each media dev firstly drops in an artwork who they think could compete in the voting (they would be prohibited from suggesting their own stuff), and then votes on each contestant in every category (they would again be prohibited from voting on their own suggestion.), this type of voting could be handled inside a Media-Dev (and @Blackquill) only forum conversation so that nobody gets sad over the fact that their artwork got suggested and they didn't get the W, or that their art was the least voted out of everyone.

Anything else that you feel could help the artist in getting your request right?: I hope this won't get ignored like my last one for "reviving" The Neb Crest of Fame

Reactions: List

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
@Danny are you still doing art of the week stuff?
I do my best to keep up with it

Sure I don't see why not - but I'd rather it was taken from around the whole sub forum than just submissions in AOTW

Idk if it would ever get much traction in a vote system - needs someone to just decide imo

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
I do my best to keep up with it

Sure I don't see why not - but I'd rather it was taken from around the whole sub forum than just submissions in AOTW

Idk if it would ever get much traction in a vote system - needs someone to just decide imo

Yeah my original idea was to take submissions from the whole Creative section, not just the AOTW thread