Character selection fuck up: Can't get in game

Bruzzo

8th generation bastard
Nebulae
Hello.
I have a major problem with the character selection. When pressing the load character option, I'm greeted to a black screen with a 'Something is creating script errors' pop-up in the upper left corner. This might just be a coincidence and might have nothing to do with my problem, but the day before the problem, I created a character called '90% of City 17's Asian population' as a joke, might have something to do with it, I don't know. I tried creating a new character and it worked without any problems, but I can't go into the character selection screen.

Qyek2sw.png

Last edited:

Bruzzo

8th generation bastard
Nebulae
—-

Last edited:

Pesmar

Proton
Nebulae
Same problem. Happens when you select a character or the load option, screen freezes but I can load into my character and hear them moving around server. Cannot access escape menu or console.

Bruzzo

8th generation bastard
Nebulae
Same problem. Happens when you select a character or the load option, screen freezes but I can load into my character and hear them moving around server. Cannot access escape menu or console.
No. I can’t select a character. I press the character selection screen then it the scrren turns black and i can’t do shit unless I shift tab join another sever. But I can’t select a character which makes me unable to play. RIP.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Re-Install Helix maybe?

Bruzzo

8th generation bastard
Nebulae
Aight, do you use the chromium version of Gmod?
Yeah, I tried switching to chromium. Only difference is that the game crashes instead of black screening. I also tried getting on another account and it worked fine. The problem is linked to my steam account.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Hey, have you tried Making a New Character, and then switching to another one once you're loaded in or does that blackscreen you too? Also, try un-installing each and every addon and then redownloading everything? Try clearing the addon folder in your GMOD folder aswell before redownloading everything. I'm not a tech-expert or programmer by any means, but from what I can read from the console text is that there's a problem with the button? I dunno, maybe @Roosebud can help once he/she replies.

Reactions: List

Bruzzo

8th generation bastard
Nebulae
Hey, have you tried Making a New Character, and then switching to another one once you're loaded in or does that blackscreen you too? Also, try un-installing each and every addon and then redownloading everything? Try clearing the addon folder in your GMOD folder aswell before redownloading everything. I'm not a tech-expert or programmer by any means, but from what I can read from the console text is that there's a problem with the button? I dunno, maybe @Roosebud can help once he/she replies.
I've tried them all. The problem is linked to this account. It's linked to my nebulous data, saves or whatever. I can not access or reset these. I tried creating and loading a character on another account and it worked without a problem. So I don't know if there's anything I can do. I don't think so. But I appreciate your help.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
I've tried them all. The problem is linked to this account. It's linked to my nebulous data, saves or whatever. I can not access or reset these. I tried creating and loading a character on another account and it worked without a problem. So I don't know if there's anything I can do. I don't think so. But I appreciate your help.
Reinstall GMOD and delete every data from it's folder?

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Reinstall GMOD and delete every data from it's folder?

I dunno man, I only asked for the console error to see if I could make sense of it.

If it does relate to your specific user data as the other guy mentioned it'll have nothing to do with how your gmod was installed

Reactions: List

Bruzzo

8th generation bastard
Nebulae
I dunno man, I only asked for the console error to see if I could make sense of it.

If it does relate to your specific user data as the other guy mentioned it'll have nothing to do with how your gmod was installed
I think it's my character saves fucking up. Is there any way you could reset my user data or what not?

Bruzzo

8th generation bastard
Nebulae
bump

this is still a major issue that's stopping me from getting on the server