Civil Protection App Guide?

ZackWake

Neutrino
Nebulae
Recently, I waited a while for a reply on my Application before it get denied.
I just was a bit stubbed half of the time on how to set up the application in the first place. I am a bit new to join factions since I mostly stay citizen in other Half-Life RPs. I wanted to give Civil Protection a chance. But my issue I came slamming into was "Where is any information on this?" I found some threads in the Civil Protection section of the forum, but was still lost. Then I looked at other people's applications all I had to go on was that some people were getting more check marks rather than Xs (At the time everyone was pending)

Main problem was that when I finally got a answer of some type it was a... Denied. But that's fine because I had some information given to me about how I was wrong, so at least I am somewhat on the right track. But the issue was that some things were not able to be found out, as in:

Correct ways how the CP work in Nebulous
Whats really important and what is not
We need to have a family to be a Civil Protection Officer?
Weight?
Some conceptual misunderstandings, but under nitpicks when some of the problems were stated. "I just want to know what was the issue and how can I learn from it?"
ARE WE ALLOWED TO FIX ANYTHING AFTER POSTING IT? (DID NOT FIX ANYTHING BECAUSE I SAW MISTAKES BUT THE APP RULES GOT CONFUSING ABOUT CHANGING ANYTHING IN AN APPLICATION.)

Too Long Didn't Read: I was a bit lost and worried while making my application and waited weeks for a response of any type and still being a little bit lost after reading why I was denied. If anyone has any information about "Nebulous's Civil Protection" and what to say and what should be discarded.

Heck, I would even like to read laws in this RP since I didn't know we had a certain weight requirement.

Again I want to say I am open to any type of guides and information. I want to learn rather than staying in the dark about these application and how to do them correctly.

Thank you for your time and for reading - Zachery Wake.

(Disclaimer: If apparently this thread should not be here, then ask me to place it somewhere else. Also I do not mean to upset anyone about asking questions on what to do I am generally new to this bit of RP)

Reactions: List

Duke of Wellington

32nd Wheelie Bin Regiment
Nebulae
I was just denied too.
There's this thing called "Family Cohesion". Being in Civil Protection means your family is treated better and gets to avoid beatings. If you screw up, Dispatch will revoke your Family Cohesion and your family
will be beaten or punished in some way, they basically hold your family hostage to keep you in line.

Without a family the Combine won't have as much control over you so they probably only accept those with at least one living family member.
You only be within a certain weight...Its a thing thats on the app for some reason. I got my BMI wrong and my character was practically a skeleton, one of the reasons I got denied...Its silly really...

Just put in another app and read what Sectus says you did wrong, he practically gives you the answers.

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Just put in another app and read what Sectus says you did wrong, he practically gives you the answers.

Well.... Sectus reviewed my app... It got denied he told me the mistakes... I corrected them and added more info to every section. But then Crabcus denied it and he told me the mistakes Sectus didn't tell me... So basically if the application reviewer changes, it can change if your app gets accepted or not.

Duke of Wellington

32nd Wheelie Bin Regiment
Nebulae
Well.... Sectus reviewed my app... It got denied he told me the mistakes... I corrected them and added more info to every section. But then Crabcus denied it and he told me the mistakes Sectus didn't tell me... So basically if the application reviewer changes, it can change if your app gets accepted or not.
Well unfortunately the Headcops are still people and have different opinions.

All you can do is study, throw in an application, study more, throw in more applications.

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Well unfortunately the Headcops are still people and have different opinions.

All you can do is study, throw in an application, study more, throw in more applications.

That's what i mean.

Essence

Proton
Nebulae
Everything you basically need to know, for the application process and in the field, is in this thread.
Correct ways how the CP work in Nebulous

There is no 'correct' way to roleplay your Civil Protection officer on the Nebulous HL2-RP Server. Every officer is still human behind the mask, and no one is similar.

CP's, as explained in the Policy Enforcement Guide, are to constantly communicate with each other and Overwatch. Quick communication is key to an effective metropolice force. Figure out 'why' yourself.

Whats really important and what is not

This question is very vague, but I'm going to assume it's about the general priorities of a Civil Protection Unit. Your general goal is to maintain Socio-Stabilization at any means necessary. More is explained in the guide.

The Universal Union wants to control you, control everyone. You are being entrusted with one of the most important roles in the city, and the Union needs a failsafe to fall back on if you decide to screw up your tasks. You become useful to them once you put the mask on, so they can't do anything to you physically unless you screw up MAJORLY (I would really like for officers to Re-Educate other officers when they get a 99, causes tension and drama).

So they hurt you mentally.

Look up Miscounts in the Policy Enforcement Guide.

ARE WE ALLOWED TO FIX ANYTHING AFTER POSTING IT?

It's not recommended.

Once you submit your application, you are saying to the reviewers that 'This is the best application I can write for you guys with the information provided to me'. It should be noted that once you submit the application, it should be completely done and not incorrect. If an applicant see's that 'Last Edited:' sign underneath the post, that's going to take some points off.

Rolyat

Medical Roleplay Extraordinare
Nebulae
So, I agree that the rules for the applications are very unclear, and I ran into a similar issue before I contacted a headcop myself and asked if we were alowed to. The response I got was that we were, but the rule just pertains to bumping the thread with change logs. This if you don't get the application the first time, just apply for it again once you make the right changes. I wish you all the best of luck in the future with your CP application.
Also, basically what Essence said.

ZackWake

Neutrino
Nebulae
Everything you basically need to know, for the application process and in the field, is in this thread.

There is no 'correct' way to roleplay your Civil Protection officer on the Nebulous HL2-RP Server. Every officer is still human behind the mask, and no one is similar.

CP's, as explained in the Policy Enforcement Guide, are to constantly communicate with each other and Overwatch. Quick communication is key to an effective metropolice force. Figure out 'why' yourself.

This question is very vague, but I'm going to assume it's about the general priorities of a Civil Protection Unit. Your general goal is to maintain Socio-Stabilization at any means necessary. More is explained in the guide.

The Universal Union wants to control you, control everyone. You are being entrusted with one of the most important roles in the city, and the Union needs a failsafe to fall back on if you decide to screw up your tasks. You become useful to them once you put the mask on, so they can't do anything to you physically unless you screw up MAJORLY (I would really like for officers to Re-Educate other officers when they get a 99, causes tension and drama).

So they hurt you mentally.

Look up Miscounts in the Policy Enforcement Guide.

It's not recommended.

Once you submit your application, you are saying to the reviewers that 'This is the best application I can write for you guys with the information provided to me'. It should be noted that once you submit the application, it should be completely done and not incorrect. If an applicant see's that 'Last Edited:' sign underneath the post, that's going to take some points off.

Thank you this really helped a lot!

ZackWake

Neutrino
Nebulae
Also it could be nice if I could be linked any information? That would help a lot. Thanks again by the way guys.