Classic GMOD

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
image0.jpg

A lot of you will likely remember Classic Garry‘s Mod, that being Gmod Versions before 2013. Fortunately, you are still able to download and play all of the older versions, going from 2012 to 2004. I‘ll compile a list of all the old versions of Garry‘s Mod you can play right here on this thread. If you need any help while installing them, talk to me.

As a reminder, you will need Source SDK 2006 & 2007 and Half-Life 2 to play most of these.

Garry‘s Mod 9.0 - 2005
Download the file, and open the installer. Just let it do it‘s thing, once it‘s done loading, go to it‘s game files to "gameinfo.txt“ and scroll down to the bottom where you should see the line "SteamAPPId 220“. Here you‘ll want to remove the 220 and replace it with 215. Save the text file, restart Steam and enjoy playing GMOD 9 on Steam!
GMOD 9 has two playable multiplayer servers, possible game night soon?

Garry‘s Mod 10/11/12 - 2006 to 2011
Simply pick one of the versions you want, and put them in your Sourcemods folder like any other Half-Life mod.
As a reminder to those nostalgic players viewing this, you can‘t use Toybox, the servers for it have been shut down ever since 2013.

More coming soon...

How to download Addons for Garry‘s Mod 10-12
Before the Steam Workshop and Toybox, we had https://garrysmods.org/, the original website to download addons. It‘s easy to install, just go on the site, search for a older addon that‘ll work with the old Garry‘s Mod versions, and put them into the addon folder.

Reactions: List

Monks

Proton
Nebulae
Wasn't around the for "classic" era. I started playing in 2014, with SWRP.

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
i dont understand this one thing: what is the TRUE reason in terms of people liking og gmod more then the new one? I mean, isnt it thanks to said update we now have not only more, but better mods? or am i just not getting it?

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
i dont understand this one thing: what is the TRUE reason in terms of people liking og gmod more then the new one? I mean, isnt it thanks to said update we now have not only more, but better mods? or am i just not getting it?
probably because of what the community at large was like back then

nowadays the server browser is mostly darkrp clones and a bit more... predictable

Reactions: List

Gazra

Aye.
Nebulae
Think I first bought it in 2006-2007, barely had a context menu back when I played it if I remember correctly lol