Completed Cletus Barley appeal

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by shia, May 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shia

shia the freakster

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: kamerad shia
    Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:91112514

Character Name:
    cletus barley
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: don't remember

What Led To Your Character's Death?:
    Beating a biotic in the grotto. Think it was some red tier loyalist who just ran out after she rolled higher than me when I attempted to jab her in the jaw and immediately just jumped around before managing to crawl out by crouching on top of the biotic and dude who was helping me beat the biotic, as cops came once she left, rest is obvious given all my quotes and screenshots of it.
    Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?: Fire wouldn't have been put out by the sprinklers, thus denying entry to the bathroom I was holed up in. Besides that- not much else. Cops should've died, yes, but I was told by Nexus and jaggles to appeal, so here.
    Date Of Occurrence: yesterday
    Evidence: all my quotes and screenshots
    Other Players Involved: think Lewis was the dude helping me beat the biotic
    Any Other Details: nap

• nebulous nebulous x 13
  2. Mic15000

Mic15000 The Underdog
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Can we get the cops involved to say their side?

3. Tzula

Tzula Molecule
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
  4. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    I'd just like to chime in as I was in observer when this went down for a while too - some of the cops absolutely should have died given they got two or three molotovs chucked at them and really the only reason Cletus died instead of being very badly scarred is that a sprinkler system was pulled which put out the fires in the doorway/outside (which iirc shouldn't have worked) and all three cops managing to shoot him despite being on fire and one of them with a melted mask when he tried to make a break for it.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  5. Dr Heckyll

Dr Heckyll Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    technical details here, don't know if relevant or grasping at straws, but water does not put out a petrol fire lol

• nebulous nebulous x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. shia

shia the freakster

Nebulae:
    As said to jaggles in steam I'd honestly be fine if some of, if not all the cops lived on the condition they properly so the results of severe burn wounds and facial disfigurement, or nlr if they dont want to rp injuries such as that, thus giving everyone a chance of rping consequences of it whilst not forcing them to injuryrp the entire time their character is alive

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  7. Numbers

Numbers ok

Nebulae:
    it’s not even facial disfigurement. if the mask melted, cop in question should’ve had plastic mold on his face. and correct me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t the filter’s contents inside get ignited?

• nebulous nebulous x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. shia

shia the freakster

Nebulae:
    I'm willing to ignore that to a certain extent if it creates development for the cops for once, put em on edge and shit- but that is true too yes

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
  9. Señor Jaggles

Señor Jaggles Zasshu Impaler Extraordinaire
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    plastic lips

plastic lips

• nebulous nebulous x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
  10. Mic15000

Mic15000 The Underdog

Nebulae:
    CP Twoface.

Still would be nice if anyone that has access to logs could give us the name of the CP’s so they could give their side.

11. shia

shia the freakster

Nebulae:
    King 5 or king 9 I think was one of em

12. Señor Jaggles

Nebulae:
    We all three have access to logs we're just too lazy what the fuck

Let me look
    Merged:
    @not tzula if you're going to rate me late it means you already have the CP names so go on and post them please

• Zing Zing x 2
    • Late Late x 2
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Señor Jaggles

Nebulae:
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Legionary Oswald

Legionary Oswald 2000 dead Profligates

Nebulae:
    Only to be real with you Chief I got no fecking idea, I just went in picked up injured cop and left, and repeat, didn't get involved in combat

15. Señor Jaggles

Nebulae:
    Any taglines you remember please drop them

16. The Red Devil

The Red Devil Proton

Nebulae:
    Went into the bathroom and saw a guy crouching over a half-dead biotic, another unit told me the guy was malignant so I shot. But if fire was supposed to be blocking the toilet I support an un-pk

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Legionary Oswald

Legionary Oswald 2000 dead Profligates

Nebulae:
    Vice-9(Or maybe2), Union-4, Quick-5, Quick-6. That's all I can think of

18. Kiko

Kiko Electron

Nebulae:
    I was there, I was the first unit that had a fire thing thrown at him. King-5.

19. aeromantis

aeromantis bike man
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    i was vice-9 in the situation
    I was the one outside, restricting access to the grotto while the other units dealt with the situation inside, when I hear them asking for additional help, so I moved in.
    Inside, I find some units burning up, so I stay back for a bit cause not TAG and im useless, until i see /event sprinklers so i get closer, to help out comrades
    I approach the doorway, when cletus charges out holding a molotov, setting himself on fire, essentially suicide bombing the cp crew outside the bathroom, getting gunned down by q-6 in the process
    I get burned to hell, and I'm a bit dim so I have no idea water doesn't help with petrol fires, so I just rp sprinklers dousing me out after a severe burn, and my char ends up with gnarly burn wounds all over their legs, and lower torso

that's my pov

20. Havok

Havok Like tears in rain..
    B A N N E D

Nebulae:
    Alright, let me get a quick rundown from the CP their perspective.
    Everyone's patrolling all good, then suddenly someone drops the request

Code:
    Valentine used command '/Request help! at the grizzly grotto some men are assaulting a vortigaunt in the restrooms! they tried to attack me aswell!'.
    my PT with about 4 people in it respond on scene, 1 unit covers the door and 3 including me go inside to see a vortigaunt being beaten the shit out of, our guns already raised due to the nature of the report indulge in the situation.
    if I recall correctly @Mike3660 QUICK-5 and @Kiko KING-5 move into the bathroom togheter, my unit stays outside and holds the corner. at this time @shia throws his molotov at the two aforementioned units.

Code:
    [ITL] Cletus 'Atomic Man' Barley: An incredibly loud yell is heard from the bathroom. The cop who entered, and the biotic, are met with an unfortunate scenario. A bottle filled with pure gasoline is sent flying towards them, the cloth leading to the neck of the bottle let'a'blaze. The cop has nearly NO time to react before he's doused with ethanol and turned into a Vietnam-war re-enatctor.
    The two units get covered in flames and one unit's facemask melts, they both crawl out of the room fully on flame in great pain and start rolling on the floor. confusion and chaos all around us. then another staff member did an /event that I think caused alot of confusion and allowed the result of this scenario to roll out as it did.

Code:
    [21:10:33] S.R. Howard Lindberg, Ph.D used command '/LocalEvent As the units burn, smoke fills the air and makes it quite difficult to breathe. A short moment after, the sprinklers that are connected to a metal pipe activate, showering everyone in the Grizzly Grotto with water'.
    The flames douse in the room allowing acces once more and most of it is being 'controlled' then shia advances

Code:
    [ME] Cletus 'Atomic Man' Barley: stays in cover. The sprinklers do not reach him. They flick the lighter on, igniting the molotov. He hunches forward over the molotov, allowing the fire to consume his pant legs. He rushes forward. The fire does not yet engulf him fully. He rushes forward, directly at the cops. His molotov jerked upwards already.
    I respond when the others are still rolling on the floor freely, backup has arrived at this point the place crawling with units.
    Code:
    [ME] C17:RL.QUICK-6: has clearly been holding the corner for a very long time, alert as a dog, adrenaline rushing trough their body, they'd simply flex their finger backwards against the trigger as soon as something moves out of that room, not stopping with firing at all, they'd instinsticely move backwards as they fire each shot, the muzzle flashes only accentuated and reflected in the black abyss that is their lenses
    His response
    Code:
    [21:17:32] [ME] Cletus 'Atomic Man' Barley: is utterly riddled with bullets, the irradiated man's wounds causing him to succumb. He used his last bit of power to toss his bottle at the floor with as much energy as he mustered, dead once the bottle hit the ground. He'd collapse, dead. The blaze quickly reaches him. The fire at just started to dampen itself, before it reached the third molotov in his pocket. Paired with the ample wood and travel-backpack of his, it provides an excellent target. The two officer's boots singe as it starts to become ablaze. An easy solution is present, yet in the panic, they may not notice it. The man is dead, body burning to a crisp quickly.

To wish I finally respond.
    Code:
    [21:19:12] [ME] C17:RL.QUICK-6: keeps moving back as soon as possible their boots set ablaze and burning up quickly, the steel reinforced tip starting to show... they'd swiftly kick their boots in the puddles of water forming up on the ground because of the sprinklers trying to put it out
    I'm going to be honest with you all here; I dont know the finer technicalities of water aiding a petrol fire to spread, I dont think @Kiko and @Mike3660 did either. we all assumed since the sprinklers were put on that it would be fine, I assure you that the units in question did their respective pain and injury RP after the incident had occured, the sprinklers saving their life in this scenario eventough realistically it wouldn't have happened since apparently water spreads petrol.

I simply did a /me of my boots burning since that's what shia was aiming for in his /me as I read it that way.
    "The two officer's boots singe as it starts to become ablaze. An easy solution is present, yet in the panic, they may not notice it."

up to PK management really, you were charged with 243, 51b, 51, 415b, 148 and 94.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice