Nebulae
Your Steam Name: raiden
Your Steam ID: will retrieve momentarily
Character Name: Cody
Member of staff who banned your character: @Appetite Ruining Kebab
Character/Player who carried out the PK (If known): I think @dee pixel

Describe how your character died: I got instantly shot in the head
Why do you believe your PK is invalid?:

I didn't really have any interaction or did anything to the person in question and was just instantly shot dead in full sight of everyone outside the PD.
Date of occurrence: Just now
Evidence (screenshots, logs):
Any other parties involved:
Misc details:

Last edited:

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
I didn't really have any interaction or did anything to the person in question and was just instantly shot dead in full sight of everyone outside the PD.
It was Rickard Pinot who shot Cody dead. He did so because someone hired him to, but also because of a personal vendetta stemming from the agita with the sheriffs and the bounty.

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It was Rickard Pinot who shot Cody dead. He did so because someone hired him to, but also because of a personal vendetta stemming from the agita with the sheriffs and the bounty.
Hey -

Cody had nothing to do with the sherrif and the bounty at all, so the personal vendetta argument is dead in the water straight away.

In regards to hired him, I'm interested in knowing who it was that hired him because I don't think I've done anything to create any reason for anyone to "hire" to kill me.

Reactions: List

Mads

Proton
Nebulae
Just looking at server rules, isn't it breaking fearRP? Or just general human emotion to go and kill someone in broad daylight, with many people around? If you followed Cody into a secluded area, sure, but in front of the PD? An argument should be made here?

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Just looking at server rules, isn't it breaking fearRP? Or just general human emotion to go and kill someone in broad daylight, with many people around? If you followed Cody into a secluded area, sure, but in front of the PD? An argument should be made here?
I agree too.

It was one /me, in front of a lot of people in the PD and thereafter he just beamed it away without anyone having the chance to react to the broad daylight shooting.

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
I agree too.

It was one /me, in front of a lot of people in the PD and thereafter he just beamed it away without anyone having the chance to react to the broad daylight shooting.
It's not my fault that nobody cared enough to stop me, or even check out what had happened for that matter.
Wrong. People are irrational, and broad-daylight shootings happen all the time.

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It's not my fault that nobody cared enough to stop me, or even check out what had happened for that matter.

I'm sorry, would you not fear for the risk of shooting someone in broad daylight at the heart of the entire resistance side? That does just seem a blatant lack of fear rp, and the fact it was done in /me and then boom I'm dead left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Mads

Proton
Nebulae

This doesn't matter though? You character wouldn't know if a second after the bullet was fired, five guys would storm your position? This is about your character thinking rationally.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
Obligatory, do not respond unless involved/providing context. Thank you.

Before actually giving an opinion I will wait for more information to come out and things to die down as things are still fresh in the situation.

I'd like to add something. Anything that comes out of the PK appeal that may be meta sensitive (given the timeframe), please toss it to me on discord or in a forum convo.

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
I tailed Cody, waited until he was by himself and then did a /me of blasting him. No rules were broken, and nobody tried stopping me after I started to leave. That nobody cared to investigate the shots is the fault of others, not me.

Vis a vis FearRP accusations, there wasn't anybody around to witness the act when I sent the /me. A couple people walked up while Raiden was /meing but it's not like I walked into the middle of a crowd of rebels, did an S2K /me and mingeran.

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I tailed Cody, waited until he was by himself and then did a /me of blasting him. No rules were broken, and nobody tried stopping me after I started to leave. That nobody cared to investigate the shots is the fault of others, not me.
I was not by myself, I could count at least 5 people stood by the PD door and not to mention, there was manhacks attacking at the time which means there was plenty of dudes and dudettes outside to witness the killing - you did it in broad daylight with plenty of people able to react and respond and planted your /me, i did my /me to die, and then you ran straight away thereafter.

Regardless of the lack of fear RP, I want to see what the jusitifications were behind the supposed "hiring" kill because as far as I'm aware there isn't anybody who would have any good reason to hire you to kill me. Could you explain that a bit more?

Nebulae
first of all, the way the whole situation happened is cringy and very speechless.
I arrived at the scene when it happened seconds after Cody got shot, there were other witnesses but they come later.
At the time I was the only one there, I didn't know that the person who got shot was Cody and I was just watching the whole time wondering what the hell happened because the shot was poorly described and left a lot to be desired.
I then decided to stop the guy who shot and asked him why he did it, he first didn't respond, at the moment I was "confronting" the killer, some other guys came and surprised me because they were standing there as if nothing had happened, BUT what bothered me the most is the fact that he was LYING to others who arrived at the scene, telling them that the person was a food thief that's why i killed him.
This really bothered me because if Cody is a well known face to others then they should have recognized the body and stopped the killer, which the opposite happened.

I believe that this appeal should be accepted!

Nebulae
there wasn't anybody around to witness the act when I sent the /me. A couple people walked up while Raiden was /meing but it's not like I walked into the middle of a crowd of rebels, did an S2K /me and mingeran.
I was behind you when you shot Cody, and there were others who were passing by from time to time and some standing at the door of the PD.

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It's also not like I delayed a /me or anything, I literally typed out a response in under 30 seconds to getting shot given how quick it was.

Nebulae
No rules were broken, and nobody tried stopping me after I started to leave. That nobody cared to investigate the shots is the fault of others, not me.
this is because the way you shot was very poorly described to the viewers. It really seemed like an accident.
and the body disappeared after you shot it so we had no chance to investigate it

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I want to comment on the events that transcended today post Cody's PK and that dee's attitude towards the PK tonight was very distasteful and not in the spirit of the server whatsoever, where he disconnected not once but twice to avoid RP and punishment, which subsequently ended up in his ban from the server. The first time he willingly disconnected, and the second time he timed out but then refused to come back on, which is as good as willingfully disconnecting mid-RP.

First during the initial confrontation and later on during the interrogation, which, had it not been interrupted, would have caused the involved characters to be able to gain information on the source of the kill as well as the reasoning, sadly were cut short due to him abruptly disconnecting without a valid reason other than "I don't want to play". We can't force him to RP if he doesn't want to but I do feel like it is in bad nature and the way things played out isn't what we are about as a community.

Disconnecting once to avoid being caught, to then being recalled to the server in order to act out the events, and then having to go AFK and saying he will come back after eating, to then refusing to come back on because 'can you just tell them to pk me i’m sick of this shit' and disallowing all the parties involved from continuing with the RP and getting a conclusion or an ending to this arc.

It left the staff members in a very awkward position trying to work out what to do and how to continue things forward, because no matter the decision we take, the players will still feel it is unfair and I agree that there is no situation in which it could be fair, and before I witnessed this today, I had not even thought that this was even possible, despite the abundance of awkward situations I've witnessed as staff.

He was toxic in LOOC, and continuously DC'd, refused to RP accordingly, telling people to just PK him, when it wasn't even his choice to choose when they decide to kill him.

I think the one month ban he landed is deserving and perhaps too short as a consequence, although it should be sufficient time to deal with this entire ordeal. Not only that, but I'm also constantly receiving complaints about the player being too PK-hungry and carrying out said PKs with minimal RP on multiple occassions, which leaves much to be said.

I've also received complaints from players about him changing his description to something completely different to what it was before he put the suit on, which in addition urges me to say that we should implement a rule change to mention a prevention to name changing to stop people becoming completely irrecognizable, both in desc and in name.

[00:34:50] [LOOC] -snipped- : if we pk him, we can't question him ICly, he can't decide to be pk'd, he hasn't been killed

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
The first time he willingly disconnected, and the second time he timed out but then refused to come back on, which is as good as willingfully disconnecting mid-RP.
Patently false, @Appetite Ruining Kebab told him he could leave (but was mistaken) so he left.

The fact he didn't wish to return after is paramount to all the spite you people have been ramming into this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.