Combine Running Noises

Sectus

grand poobah of applications
Nebulae
No idea why, but as of late my Combine running noises (meaning npc/metropolice/gear1.wav through npc/metropolice/gear6.wav and npc/combine_soldier/gear1.wav through npc/combine_soldier/gear6.wav respectively) have not been working at all. I've tried every solution I can think of to fix the problem and nothing has worked. This is inclusive of:
  • Removing all mods and seeing if vanilla Garry's Mod works
  • Reinstalling Garry's Mod entirely
  • Reinstalling Half-Life 2 and associated episodes
  • Reinstalling steam
  • Verifying game cache
I thought I had figured out the problem when I was listening to the gear sounds in the Garry's Mod q-menu and the gear sounds were changed by a sound mod I installed, but even when fixing them, the NPCs running still make no gear sounds as expected.

Help if you can, thanks!

Last edited:

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
have you tried verifying your game cache

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
Make sure your actual sounds folder (garrysmod/garrysmod/sounds/...) does not contain any sounds with the same path as the gear

Sectus

grand poobah of applications
Nebulae
As an update to this, I've (sort of) isolated the source of the problem. It seems that the running sounds function totally normally whenever I use sound overhaul stuff from the workshop, but only if I use every part of them except for the NPC packs that contain the running noises.

I'm not sure why, but there is something that causes the gear sounds for OTA and CP's to break and be inaudible instead of be replaced when I use an NPC pack from a sound overhaul.

Reactions: List