Serious [Review] Art of The Week

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I basically did your lighting tutorial, added two extra lights behind both anakin and obi-wan. Added blue light in front of them

thought so

it looks a lot better when there's a background of any type to give the lighting some kind of pop

Reactions: List

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
6997415BED05B84F67A1CF98F1021BCE6B610BC1
[doublepost=1566783818][/doublepost]
thought so

it looks a lot better when there's a background of any type to give the lighting some kind of pop
It took me an hour only because of the posing, the models are kind of ass to work with IMO.

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
Hey thanks for the patience, was a hard shift.
My week was ok, was long but I made it through.
Here we go;

Hey this is a pretty nice and ambient scene, love that the main light kinda bounces off the vendor on the left as well and just about lights up all you need to see from the picture. But at the same time, there is one thing that isn't neccesarily needed which is the top of the scene which you can see some outlines of buildings behind the fence, a tighter camera lens/shorter height on the picture woulda been really neato and look pretty cinematic. Otherwise, fantastic as usual!

This is really nice! The posing is there and the character, enthusiasm... but it's really, 2D. As in the lighting is quite bright and there aren't that many shadows that show any real depth. Aside from the fog at the bottom which gives some more atmosphere. So yeah, you've got everything there except some quality lighting. Keep it in mind Jimbob!

Ctrl c crtl v
Jokes aside, looks pretty neato. Simple and somewhat informative that the Combine have numbers and superiority. Idk if this was made for anyone or something. Feel like there's a Gmod main menu wall paper quite similar to this but maybe I'm thinking of something else. Woulda been cool to see something akin to this but they were lined up quite clearly in some warehouse or something with overwatch looking down from a balcony or something. What I'm trying to say is, great picture, not so great scene.

I wouldn't worry about the greenscreen misshap, if anything the cut off at the bottom kinda adds to it for me and it's easy to see past the green glare in the bottle. Really nice simple lil pose with a wacky concept, I woulda gone all out personally and put some other couch surfers in the background but maybe just keep that in mind next time; that some background stuff is always nice! Nice work :^).

This is a very nice scene! Love the way the fire spreads an orange in some parts but would've loved to see it reflect off the rust and white of the robot! Guessing that skybox is edited in as well because that's just beautifully done. Fantastic stuff man but just would liked more little detail lights to spice it up!!!! Beep.

Angry boys. Nice modelling pose, looks very clean and advertising. The lightsabers are really well edited as well! Looks like the old classic ones from the older films. AND the ambient light from the sabers on the clothes are super good detail! Not much here to critique.

MY WINNING VOTE: @Inaudible™
23739a40d.jpg

Got to appreciate the simpler things sometimes.

Honourable Vote for "a great return": @Cookie_
u1RPiaW.jpg

Hope your shift is all chill
Thank you, it was difficult, but some extra money in my pocket to feed my abused addictions and substances.

giphy.gif

Great submissions guys, hope to see more this coming week.
As usual hope my dribble is insightful, surprised people actually read this stuff.
Take care.​

Cookie_

IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE
Nebulae
This is a very nice scene! Love the way the fire spreads an orange in some parts but would've loved to see it reflect off the rust and white of the robot! Guessing that skybox is edited in as well because that's just beautifully done. Fantastic stuff man but just would liked more little detail lights to spice it up!!!! Beep.

Thanks for the feedback lad, It's been a while since I've done anything. And to yoru surprise, the sky is actually a skydome that happened to fit so well with the overall scene rather by accident.

Honourable Vote for "a great return": @Cookie_

and thanks for this as well

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
ive been considering trying more poses, though im shit at scenebuilding and currently only good at portraits and such
CpWxxOW.jpg

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
ive been considering trying more poses, though im shit at scenebuilding and currently only good at portraits and such
CpWxxOW.jpg

pose good
lighting no
pure black shadows dont exist

IDOTS

Neutrino
Nebulae
Jesus Christ this is really, really good.
It's an immediate win I bet.

How long have you been doing SFM posters?

Thanks! I've been posing/texturing since Gmod 9.

I don't get time to do as it as much as I once did (and my quality has dipped a bit over time).

Last edited: