Serious [Review] Art of The Week

RGB

Proton
Nebulae
I find it odd I've had to justify giving advice on perceived faults on art when people share it in art threads so often, this actually happens so much and I don't understand why. This is a competition thread where we actively review and make suggestions. That was a quick and easy suggestion to help improve something (from my perspective) before the main review, so I gave it.

I'm one of the guys who reviews pics here. I've just been absent a little while to sort some stuff out, so I am actually meant to suggest things like this. Even if I don't usually handle pose art I can still weigh in. If you never get criticism and tune out all negative commentary you can never grow as a person. Creatively or otherwise. Feedback is necessary, and you're not always going ot like it. Not everyone is going to like your creations, either.

I felt this image was over-exposed and a little washed-out, but this was also the artist's intention and you can tell it was intentional. I don't like it, but I'm sure iothers do. I gave my opinion on what would make me, as a person, enjoy it more due to personal preferences. Most of the picture is white and hard to look at for me. It's a fine image in most other ways composition-wise, so I gave a single possible edit.

I don't dish out what I can't take. I critique as I see it and am fully appreciative and accepting of any unrequested critique that comes my way just as much.

Anyhow just chill my dude. Nothing was meant as an attack. It's just genuine feedback from my personal perspective.

Oh, and most idioms are wildly misinterpreted or just wrong.

Reactions: List

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
94d2a8da6f7a.jpg

RGB

Proton
Nebulae
Not the picture I planned to submit but I’m still working on the other. Getting back into the swing of full pics.

5XoLlYQ.png

Last edited:

Piggo

Electron
Nebulae
Did you get the link too fast? Its tiny and extremely compressed

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
I am back from Italy.
St Peters Basilica was my favourite place to visit.
Haven't got the film developed yet from my camera.

It was immensely stressful however, many people and zero road laws it seems compared to the UK.
Unfortunately, every car seemed to miss me.

We go:
I'm liking the colour sequence, and it looks very crisp and authentic as if you had scanned it into your computer or something but if I had one personal distaste in the picture it would be how cleanly cut the hair is at the sides but it does support the aesthetic of the drawing as well. So my only real feedback would be try not to make everything look as if it were chiselled and sharpened. Better than anything I could do anyways, nice.

Gonna quote the other judge @RGB who hit the nail on the head:
"That pic's overexposed. It's extremely washed out with too much light and not enough contrast. Darken it a little, bring out those colours, and deepen the already-dark shadows to help make it pop out."
The thing is though, the only "over exposed" thing so to speak is the dazzling rock/cliff face on the right. Otherwise this is pretty good. So just keep in mind what the affects of editing the main subject can be.

Hey, this is pretty good, pretty good indeed. Love how natural the sky looks with the blue to white gradient which people seem to miss a lot sometimes. And the blowing hair/threaded cowl on the soldier is super cool as well. Gives some particle detail IMO. This is great!

Pretty lewd looking, maybe missing a shadow or two as well mind you... and did something compress the quality? Better drawing than I could pull off at least, can't wait to see what's next.

MY WINNING VOTE: @steambored
94d2a8da6f7a.jpg

-

giphy.gif

Blah blah blah here if you want early criticism or help.
Reminder that this threads purpose is to offer critique, help and opinions that are never in cold heart or malicious intent.
We're all friends here guys. It's only pictures and words at the end of the day.

Ttyl x.​

Horatio

Quark
Nebulae
14f81918584b45cc16f96ef922b0bbaf.jpg

I had no intention of posting here as I am in no ready-state. However, I need criticism and this seems like the best place. Apologies for the low-quality.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5162

ddggsv8-998fcc7d-f71e-4c6a-a965-90913ab8156e.png

ddggsve-9f667f8b-716b-48d6-844b-ed283eba3309.png

Decided to make a logo of some-sort, using Paint.net, cant say the results are good but its... Something I suppose.​

Horatio

Quark
Nebulae
Sorry, I am unaware as to how these work at the moment. But, I would like to submit something else instead. I believe it would benefit me greatly if people made comments or suggestions based off what they see in my latest work.
e0137698a3d55ca5c91e0d971d8aedf0.jpg

This is my first ever scene build. I really am proud of this. But, I know some people will critique it and that's what I need! If anybody has any prop packs or WW2 packs available, please link me them. Also fi any scene builders would be willing to add me on Steam that would be fantastic!

Last edited:

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
Sorry for inactivity. Been getting used to new apartment and roommates

Horatio

Quark
Nebulae
49f4c993e2598205056c546b228f819d.jpg

Sorry, I feel bad for doing this. But, this is the last time I update my entry. This is the best one I've done so far and would much appreciate criticism based on this instead. I apologize to all the other entries that were posted prior to this. I'm just really indecisive and only want to hear what people think.