Serious [Review] Art of The Week

>Luna

Proton
Nebulae
Wait, no, i wish to change my entry:
fa5374bb4e41.jpg

got some constructive criticism nobody asked for :0 i think this is real nice! the scene is very detailed and i am a fan on the layout, but im not a huge fan of the font you used on the text. i feel like a cleaner sans-serif with more uniform lines would look a lot nicer with the composition you've used - think helvetica or arial-esque shapes. loopier, more handwritten fonts are nice and informal, which makes sense for tea i suppose, but in the context of an advertisement, and also in contrast to the rest of the text in the image, it seems kind of out of place. just my onion after being yelled at for many a year in art school for my font choices. very nice™ otherwise though!

Piggo

Electron
Nebulae
got some constructive criticism nobody asked for :0 i think this is real nice! the scene is very detailed and i am a fan on the layout, but im not a huge fan of the font you used on the text. i feel like a cleaner sans-serif with more uniform lines would look a lot nicer with the composition you've used - think helvetica or arial-esque shapes. loopier, more handwritten fonts are nice and informal, which makes sense for tea i suppose, but in the context of an advertisement, and also in contrast to the rest of the text in the image, it seems kind of out of place. just my onion after being yelled at for many a year in art school for my font choices. very nice™ otherwise though!
as i said:
basing off actual yorkshire tea ads

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
A.O.T.W S2, W34 (23.12.2019)

eugh lets gO. Not a lot of time tonight.

Thissa a nice picture boyo, the colours and shading seem to match perfectly and the formation of it all is nicely done and committed. Especially like how the first seems to seep out at some points and flake out in a couple of places. But bizaarrely, the wall behind the tree is very dark? Seeing how the floor beside it is pretty illuminated. Just a nitpick at some continuity, great make though.

I enjoy these candid style poses, but I'd enjoy them much more if I could see more of it! It's very dark, which I understand from a design perceptive because it still looks kinda good but like I can't tell if there's some kind of action going on or if the man is stood still? Maybe I just (subjectively) like to understand what's happening in a picture. It's good in the works though, like the background itself with the DoV is very clean and nice. Very Ilford 35mm, love it.

yes

Not gonna pick a winner this week.
Great submissions guys, suppose you're all winners in a way!

Have a great christmas!

Last edited:

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
Sorry you guys been v busy these past couple days.
Not home rn, wont be till later so I'll get to this soon idk when.

Happy new year!

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 243

Dunno if it still applies, but I'm throwing this one in:

LCNDHEp.jpg

First pose in a while. (Yes the knees are stiff, I was already done with the Photoshop stuff when I found out.) :(

Reactions: List