Serious [Review] Art of The Week

Piggo

Electron
Nebulae
Very nice bright colours and such, looked kinda over worldly and fantasy UNTIL I saw the... marines and... other things, kinda hard to make out for me tbh but from what I can see the models have been placed very well with good recoil and muzzle flashes to go with. Maybe a more centred angle that's closer to the 'alive' subjects woulda made it more coherent? Just an idea, maybe toying with camera angles is a good idea!! Nice work!
It's Xen

chell

Proton
Nebulae
Week: something something,
Date: something happy new year,
A.O.T.W!

Did I have a good christmas? Am I struggling with uni and am I gonna fail my modules? Am I procrastinating to write this review when I'm barely going to meet my deadlines...?

Yes!

Very nice bright colours and such, looked kinda over worldly and fantasy UNTIL I saw the... marines and... other things, kinda hard to make out for me tbh but from what I can see the models have been placed very well with good recoil and muzzle flashes to go with. Maybe a more centred angle that's closer to the 'alive' subjects woulda made it more coherent? Just an idea, maybe toying with camera angles is a good idea!! Nice work!

Wowie, this is quite big in scope. Or so it seems that way at first glance. You know what we love in big builds though, more detail! You got 3 fantastically posed models in the picture which all take up a large amount of the screen. Some more in the field inbetween and further away to the houses woulda made a big difference to like scope of destruction though imo. So yeah, think of mini details. Great work.

This is very nice, v niche, kinda cute looking too Idk why. The small details like the subtle gradient on the side of the skull is great, gives a fantastic depth to the pic which I really like. Each of the flowers are super cool too. The writing on the bottom kinda tops it for me though as a cherry on top. Very well written and drawn. No complaints or criticism here, mainly because it's great but I also cannot draw.

Lighting is quite well done here but there ain't much going on this picture my guy. Looks like it's in need of some post processing? Like maybe some fire embers? Depth of field from the picture frame? Just some ideas.

V deep, v passionate, remember nam?
Loving the colours in this one Dudu, it all matches up so perfectly. And the reflection looks as if it's had some solid thought as not all things match up (which would make some sense given the angle). Not much if any bad to say here. Great work.

WoooooooWOoooooooooWOooooooooooooooWOOooOOOooo
this seems very sophisticated and difficult to make. And It's great! No idea how you did it but it's great! If you really wanted some criticism maybe some other colours thrown in would look coolio? Otherwise, great!

Hmmmmmmmmmm these are nice pictures, but what has really saved them is the post editing with the grain and the affects that are fairly convincing. But the posing could maybe use a little work on the top one. Guy got a big thumb and the fingers kinda twisted about the place. Aside from that, lookin good bro.

If there were a winner I think it should be: @Neythi
Such great presentation!
83302ea27ba0.jpeg

or alternatively: @Cow for lines and stuff, looks good man
IMG-20191230-030334-185.jpg

-

giphy.gif

Gotta get back to my work now so-
take care, byebye

Cheers famting!
[doublepost=1578449470][/doublepost]Another submission! Building up my portfolio for tattoo design. I like skulls and flowers!

80648617_552329625617690_8458326056632320000_o.jpg

Reactions: List

Aleks

Vaporwaves Skeletons
Nebulae
I made this like 2 Halloweens ago but never posted it for some reason. Too late to spook out?
FDAsswj.png

Aleks

Vaporwaves Skeletons
Nebulae
I can't even tell what it is, it's so dark.
Yeah, you have to open it in a new tab to tell. But its a first person pov shot from a person hiding from Michael Myers in a bush. With the bloody fingers covering their mouth.

Dudu Fadende

Proton
Nebulae
Well for future reference when making a picture you should really give consideration to what the focus of the picture is supposed to be. As it is right now there's nothing in this pic that your eye is naturally drawn to because everything is a dark muddy mess. I'm assuming the dude getting choked out is supposed to be the focal point of the picture, so it makes no sense that the depth of field has them out of focus but the stuff close to the camera is in focus. Even something as simple as just adding one lamp shining on the models that are supposed to be the main draw of the picture would go a long way toward making things more coherent.
It takes years of practice, trust me. Don't get discouraged.

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
giphy.gif

I made this model / turn table thing, it's pretty scuffed but I'm learning.

Oh my god I made it rotate off-axis fucking kill me.

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
AOTW / WEEK 2/52 / 2020

Exam tomorrow
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
le'go

Well this is just superb, and perfectly looped too? I have no idea what amount of work goes into making these textures and the lights and all of that jazz but it is just great. And as a simple statement kinda abstracy thing with not much going for it, it's a perfect gif to demonstrate work with. me like me love. Great stuff.

Heyyyyy, I like the scene in this, looks like some kinda court room stall or something - very simple scene and layout which I enjoy too. Got that noir suspicion vibe. Not much to really criticise on besides maybe if the man on the rights head was tilted up a bit to me more direct about where he's looking maybe? Very nit picky, but nothing wrong with this at all maxi, it's great.

Oooooh, I especially like this one again too. Although it isn't as detailed as the last IMO it holds some good footings. I really like how it has that tinge of VHS/RGB mixing around the edges and corners. Great texturing too. Another great drawing my friend.

I got poor eyes atm so took me a second to see what those two things were, but this is mega nice! Only thing that kinda 'let it down' for lack of a better term, was how the dirt/sand kinda gets really dark in some places against bright objects? Get what I mean? Like just below the speeders to the right is an example. But probably the only instance I've spotted. Great scene though.

I love this! Even though it honesty has some proportion issues, I definitely would NOT have done a better job am just offering some feedback. I say it a lot that drawing ain't much my thing. So maybe keep what you've worked on and see if you can move the nose like, a little to the right? Reckon if you figured that out you could draw all sorts! The textures, shading, and model of it all is great it's just the proportion to work on - you're great!

Ya my guy, this one a little too dark for me. Even with the explanation I can't really see much but the finger :^(.

As much as I enjoyed the square illustration of that lil monster, I really like this too. Pretty simple layer and stuff, and hear me out with this because it is a personal preference. I think it woulda been cooler if the text matched the balls? Or vice versa? Idk - just like most of the pic is black and white and the balls just kinda explode in the picture. Which I kinda half like too, I'm just writing down my immediate thoughts rn.
Great work! Think about consistency between text and subject matter though!?
Text looks great too!

Bloody Rhodesian army officer poster gonna haunt me everywhere I go since ww3rp military police... this is a great adaption though! I love the texture and the design and the small print and everything to do with it. Ain't no complaints here my man - if I had to think of something as food for thought though... why put less emphasis on "AMONGST" and more on the rest of the sentance? Like if it were me (I'm no god of design anyways), I woulda wanted to make the AMONGST text bigger and the rest small like a bit more OOMPH. Eh, you get it, it's a great piece of work regardless!

I'm loving the modelling and 3d object gifs coming out these days, this is something to behold too. Like it looks like an official headset (and I imagine it is referenced from something, but if not this is fantastic). Wish I had more time to learn this stuff to give better feedback but I genuinely don't see much to criticise. Great work.

I guess if there had to be winner, I'd like if it were either @Elan or @247-0006-0001 'Jimbo' ...
fsilbFv.jpg

jimbosenlistmentposter.png

And honourary mentions to the interesting media being provided by @Surrator and @Jaf

giphy.gif

Just my opinion anyways

--

Great submissions this week guys, was nice to see some diversity in what was submitted and stuff
Have a good week!

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
AOTW / WEEK 2/52 / 2020

Exam tomorrow
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
le'go

Well this is just superb, and perfectly looped too? I have no idea what amount of work goes into making these textures and the lights and all of that jazz but it is just great. And as a simple statement kinda abstracy thing with not much going for it, it's a perfect gif to demonstrate work with. me like me love. Great stuff.

Heyyyyy, I like the scene in this, looks like some kinda court room stall or something - very simple scene and layout which I enjoy too. Got that noir suspicion vibe. Not much to really criticise on besides maybe if the man on the rights head was tilted up a bit to me more direct about where he's looking maybe? Very nit picky, but nothing wrong with this at all maxi, it's great.

Oooooh, I especially like this one again too. Although it isn't as detailed as the last IMO it holds some good footings. I really like how it has that tinge of VHS/RGB mixing around the edges and corners. Great texturing too. Another great drawing my friend.

I got poor eyes atm so took me a second to see what those two things were, but this is mega nice! Only thing that kinda 'let it down' for lack of a better term, was how the dirt/sand kinda gets really dark in some places against bright objects? Get what I mean? Like just below the speeders to the right is an example. But probably the only instance I've spotted. Great scene though.

I love this! Even though it honesty has some proportion issues, I definitely would NOT have done a better job am just offering some feedback. I say it a lot that drawing ain't much my thing. So maybe keep what you've worked on and see if you can move the nose like, a little to the right? Reckon if you figured that out you could draw all sorts! The textures, shading, and model of it all is great it's just the proportion to work on - you're great!

Ya my guy, this one a little too dark for me. Even with the explanation I can't really see much but the finger :^(.

As much as I enjoyed the square illustration of that lil monster, I really like this too. Pretty simple layer and stuff, and hear me out with this because it is a personal preference. I think it woulda been cooler if the text matched the balls? Or vice versa? Idk - just like most of the pic is black and white and the balls just kinda explode in the picture. Which I kinda half like too, I'm just writing down my immediate thoughts rn.
Great work! Think about consistency between text and subject matter though!?
Text looks great too!

Bloody Rhodesian army officer poster gonna haunt me everywhere I go since ww3rp military police... this is a great adaption though! I love the texture and the design and the small print and everything to do with it. Ain't no complaints here my man - if I had to think of something as food for thought though... why put less emphasis on "AMONGST" and more on the rest of the sentance? Like if it were me (I'm no god of design anyways), I woulda wanted to make the AMONGST text bigger and the rest small like a bit more OOMPH. Eh, you get it, it's a great piece of work regardless!

I'm loving the modelling and 3d object gifs coming out these days, this is something to behold too. Like it looks like an official headset (and I imagine it is referenced from something, but if not this is fantastic). Wish I had more time to learn this stuff to give better feedback but I genuinely don't see much to criticise. Great work.

I guess if there had to be winner, I'd like if it were either @Elan or @247-0006-0001 'Jimbo' ...
fsilbFv.jpg

jimbosenlistmentposter.png

And honourary mentions to the interesting media being provided by @Surrator and @Jaf

giphy.gif

Just my opinion anyways

--

Great submissions this week guys, was nice to see some diversity in what was submitted and stuff
Have a good week!

i feel like i would win this one if i went with the Yeti