793162F76768130C91AE9C67B04C19800BDFF191

first piece in SFM 2

Reactions: List

Piggo

Electron
Nebulae
Lol no it’s not, it’s so much better than SFM1
For real?

Theres a myriad of texture problems, lack of lighting controls and you can't use MDLs from Source 1 anymore. spawned models do not react to map lighting, dynamic lights do not cast speculars, metalness doesn't work, level lights do not interact with spawned mdoels, no wrist procedurals, no footroll
Its a nightmare

T59qlGL.png

OEHcrsv.png

Last edited:

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
AOTW / WEEK 21 OF 53 / 2020

Here we are once again

Loving the soft colours and fade/blur in this image. The general lighting of what is coming through the window is great too. Like naturally, the picture looks great - I can't see or think of anything really letting it down besides some rough edges here and there (but we all know that isn't really solvable without some hours in photoshop). Great work :^)!

Great aesthetic vibes going on here, the dominating shade of orange looks fab as well like it takes over any kind of realistic aspect and makes it an artsy choice which is a good balance to recognise. Tell you what though, there's so much screen tearing though. From my own experience of ripping up images VHS style, I always tried to separate it as much as possible so it doesn't take away or make certain areas uncomfortable. Might be something to think about, still fantastic!

I like this, I especially like what's going on in the background as well like this is more of a creative idea that actually looks cool. Only two things letting it down though IMO, first off: The serious lack of some ambient light or shading. The whole scene looks as if it's floating on air as there's no ambient shadow or definition of distance (i.e. the people at the far back that are a little higher up in the air. Could be solved by having them stand on something?). Secondly, the main two guys that have ben posed at the front, guy on the left's arm that supports the joystick is all kinds of messed up and needs some consideration. Solve those two, and I'd say this is a cool picture fr bro, good work :^).

Pretty interesting, wish I had access to SFM 2 as well but by the final outcomes of this image I can only guess the exports are the same but maybe the UI is a bit nicer idk. On the picture though, the model, DOV, background, all great - fire particals though are a bit dim and missing actual 'fire' or life. I reckon if the flames were brighter, and bouncing off the model this could be a really cool poster.

Hm, I think this time - it is @steambored and @dvn who are worthy of being the BOLD boys
tbd1rn.jpg

vyrwFCj.jpg

-

giphy.gif

Great work this week guys
Hope my feedback is useful as per
Till next time

-Danny

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
too lazy to edit it in photoshop because i suck at it anyway

also its been a while since i used sfm and since Alyx gave us S2FM I decided to give it a go
46a1a17c5069b5f70524dc3a0beb4cb0.jpg

Entora

Proton
Nebulae
im submitting this because i thought it was cute when i was making it and it reminded me of something i made in 2014 -- created only using gmod no sfm im a purist
kGSKDNX.jpg

as dallas once said if i knew how to use photoshop everything i make would be prettier but im retarded and lazy pepelaugh

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
AOTW / WEEK 23 OF 53 / 2020

Sorry about last week, was my birthday and I decided to take it off - didn't even see it was just one post though so now I feel lazy - but I am here now! Time for a good ol' AOTW;

I get very strong fallout 4 vibes from this picture, I hope you can see it too as it comes from the strange lighting. Like the pose / animation of both sides is great but the darkness of shadows is super inconsistent - and lacking much if any real clarity of seemingly visible pieces of the picture. This picture would have benefited much more if the only visible pieces were those not directly in light so models are completely in darkness besides say the shine of the table and helmet. Either that, or like an off-set ambient light just to see more of the model and make a moody atmosphere. Basically; either one or the other, but not both - because it looks inconsistent! Everything EXCEPT the lighting is super good! Keep it up bud :^)

Same vibes to me, but in all seriousness what you're lacking here is some lighting with colour, like a more believable environment. Picture a green or red escape light above the doorway pointed down instead - with maybe a doorway at the bottom of the stair case with a strong light beaming out a shadow of someone or something. Give it some thought, these simple scenes are great and the next step just before models is a great set of lighting :^).

Funky pose, can't quite tell whats going on - like if the cop is freaked out or him and the headcrab are jokey pals. And you don't need photoshop for everything fella, sure you can crop images and super impose stuff but the core image needs its own kachow y'know? This ain't far off, like if it ain't a super serious drama pose then it just needs some more vibrant lighting. Keep that in mind perhaps, that lighting (or even angle) can change the whole mood of an image, quickly for example: this vs. piggos post below. Keep it up man :^)

I don't think I've ever really seen Coach be used as a model and it's actually super well done here, as usual with your poses the lighting and posing feels appropriate to the kind of mood it gives off with this mix of seriousness and comical attribute. I really like this one. Great work Piggy

That'll do @Piggo, that'll do (the 'winner')
b390cd0ea27e.jpg

-

giphy.gif

Have a great week you guys
You know where to find me! (@here or steam incase you don't)
-Danny

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
Elk4LE.png

actually changing my submission. bonus image available in my thread
here's a tune to go along with it though

Last edited: