Computer doomed

• Thread starter Deleted member 1381
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1381

I was deleting some stuff today to free up space and now my internet won't work i can only connect to YouTube and chrome help pages, steam won't connect and neither will games such as war thunder I've tried nearly all the fixes but nothing's working please help

Reactions: List

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
Can you try connecting with an Ethernet cable?

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Restore to a previous version?

D

Deleted member 1381

Can you try connecting with an Ethernet cable?
don't have one lying arou me i don't think, it's not the actual connection i don't think because YouTube works fine

Restore to a previous version?
think I tried that although I'm unsure whether or not i restored a version, how would I go about it?

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
don't have one lying arou me i don't think, it's not the actual connection i don't think because YouTube works fine

think I tried that although I'm unsure whether or not i restored a version, how would I go about it?
Google is your friend

Use your phone to Google

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Okay, i used to have this kind of problem a lot due to the fact i dont really like using active antivirus.

Plenty of problems can be down to malware and such changing your DNS settings as well as numerous other things.

First thing i'd do is change your DNS settings to Googles, and running checks on how you can flush your DNS so it's only running in the way you want it to run. The fact you can only connect to particular sites gives me the impression that its something to do with this.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
how did you connect here then??????????????????????

ctrl+r

cmd

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

maybe set your DNS manually to 1.1.1.1 that's cloudflare's free dns that works super duper good and doesn't track you either if you care about that

google's dns is 8.8.8.8 with a backup of 8.8.4.4

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
how did you connect here then??????????????????????

ctrl+r

cmd

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

maybe set your DNS manually to 1.1.1.1 that's cloudflare's free dns that works super duper good and doesn't track you either if you care about that

google's dns is 8.8.8.8 with a backup of 8.8.4.4
People typically have phones that are capable of browsing the internet

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I had a similar problem on my last pc, only way I could fix it is a fresh install of windows via flash drive

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
i had an issue like this before and changing my dns to googles dns’ worked
Use the cloudflare DNS not the google one, as it doesn't track you and is somewhat faster.

D

Deleted member 1381

Got h the option forecast my pc but I can't do that because it involves deleting basically all of steam and much more

restoring Windows interstates it to a version on the sa me day which doesn't work still so I think my comp is broke for good

Jello

Roleplay
Nebulae
Got h the option forecast my pc but I can't do that because it involves deleting basically all of steam and much more

restoring Windows interstates it to a version on the sa me day which doesn't work still so I think my comp is broke for good
At the end of the day it's not the end or the world if it doesn't work. More than likely it's software side as opposed to hardware. A good old format on your disks will probably fix it. Fair enough you'll have to reinstall everything but at least you'll be able to game with a fresh pc so to say