Serious computer falls into coma

• Thread starter Deleted member 1435
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1435

So this has been happening for a while now:
  • Start game
  • Play for few minutes to an hour
  • Suddenly, all screens freeze, audio cuts out, the cooler vents in the pc slow down to standby.
I can only hit the button for hard reset to get out of this state. CPU Temps are about 60-70 usually when playing games like this.

Interestingly enough, it has been happening recently to me, few months back. I cleaned the whole PC inside and re-installed the operating system and it worked without an issue. Now it recently started happening again, slowly more and more, with most recent path being Hitman2, Hitman, Minecraft and now lastly GMOD after just a few minutes of playing.
I have tried updating the GPU drivers but it did not help.
Please help

EDIT1: I have thoroughly cleaned RAM sticks, PCI and Ram slots, replaced CPU thermal paste, cleaned the CPU pins, cleaned the fans and replaced the PSU. Then CCleaned the entire thing and fixed registry errors as well as did a virus scan.
It made the thing stop crashing in GMOD and Minecraft, long sessions too, but it crashes next day in Hitman TM after 3 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: List

FIGHTSONG

Quark
Nebulae
Well, that sounds like one of two issues to me.
Your power supply is either failing, or you computer is overheating.

There's probably a log of unexpected shutdowns and their reasonings in your BIOS. Find that if you can.

D

Deleted member 1435

Well, that sounds like one of two issues to me.
Your power supply is either failing, or you computer is overheating.

There's probably a log of unexpected shutdowns and their reasonings in your BIOS. Find that if you can.

Well, you may have nailed it on the head.

I disassembled the whole thing, cleaned it with a friend using some alcohols and such, cleaned the PCI sockets, RAM sockets and sticks, cleaned the fans, all that, replaced thermal paste as well on the CPU, and finally I replaced my PSU (which is a noname "Be Cool" PSU) with a Corsair VS650 and I'm not having any problems, interestingly enough.

I didn't do any mega 5 hour long gamer moments to see if it crashes at some point, but I think the problem was alleviated. I still don't know though if it indeed was the PSU.

And no, that's the thing, there are no logs of shutdowns because there was no shutdown. There's no log of anything because the PC would essentially stop updating the screen, turn volume out and vents would go into standby. That's it, the whole thing goes unresponsive. Only shutdown logs would be of me pressing the button manually.

Thanks for the help anyway.

FIGHTSONG

Quark
Nebulae
Well, you may have nailed it on the head.

I disassembled the whole thing, cleaned it with a friend using some alcohols and such, cleaned the PCI sockets, RAM sockets and sticks, cleaned the fans, all that, replaced thermal paste as well on the CPU, and finally I replaced my PSU (which is a noname "Be Cool" PSU) with a Corsair VS650 and I'm not having any problems, interestingly enough.

I didn't do any mega 5 hour long gamer moments to see if it crashes at some point, but I think the problem was alleviated. I still don't know though if it indeed was the PSU.

And no, that's the thing, there are no logs of shutdowns because there was no shutdown. There's no log of anything because the PC would essentially stop updating the screen, turn volume out and vents would go into standby. That's it, the whole thing goes unresponsive. Only shutdown logs would be of me pressing the button manually.

Thanks for the help anyway.

update me if anything else happens, yeah?

axido

whatttttttt
Nebulae
i wouldn't rely on that psu for too long and once the budget is available i'd switch to some long term and reliable solution e.g the evga gq series

even after replacing your entire pc that power supply will last you at least 6 years, my old corsair tx750 lasted 11

also if you're still running that ancient amd setup i'd consider saving up and upgrading especially with the insane value deals with the latest launches, just don't go intel lul

D

Deleted member 1435

i wouldn't rely on that psu for too long and once the budget is available i'd switch to some long term and reliable solution e.g the evga gq series

even after replacing your entire pc that power supply will last you at least 6 years, my old corsair tx750 lasted 11

also if you're still running that ancient amd setup i'd consider saving up and upgrading especially with the insane value deals with the latest launches, just don't go intel lul
iM tRyIng tO

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
So this has been happening for a while now:
  • Start game
  • Play for few minutes to an hour
  • Suddenly, all screens freeze, audio cuts out, the cooler vents in the pc slow down to standby.
I can only hit the button for hard reset to get out of this state. CPU Temps are about 60-70 usually when playing games like this.

Interestingly enough, it has been happening recently to me, few months back. I cleaned the whole PC inside and re-installed the operating system and it worked without an issue. Now it recently started happening again, slowly more and more, with most recent path being Hitman2, Hitman, Minecraft and now lastly GMOD after just a few minutes of playing.
I have tried updating the GPU drivers but it did not help.
Please help
Had something similar except the cooler vent stuff
I just fixed it by resetting the hard drive where windows 10 was installed (you'll have to install all your software again after), also you really should get a better cooler if you're getting 60-70

D

Deleted member 1435

I just fixed it by resetting the hard drive where windows 10 was installed (you'll have to install all your software again after), also you really should get a better cooler if you're getting 60-70

I blame cat fur inside.

D

Deleted member 1435

haha, nevermind gamers, the cunt still fucking dies after 2 minutes of playing Hitman, can't wait for it to start crashing gmod and minecraft too.
[doublepost=1564833003][/doublepost]

By "resetting the hard drive" do you mean formatting it and re-installing the system ?

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
haha, nevermind gamers, the cunt still fucking dies after 2 minutes of playing Hitman, can't wait for it to start crashing gmod and minecraft too.
[doublepost=1564833003][/doublepost]

By "resetting the hard drive" do you mean formatting it and re-installing the system ?
No, theres a way to do it on windows 10 where you can just "reset" windows on that hard drive, so you don't have to format and reinstall

D

Deleted member 1435

No, theres a way to do it on windows 10 where you can just "reset" windows on that hard drive, so you don't have to format and reinstall

I'd rather keep this solution as last resort given that i have a fair bit of stuff on my drives, any other ideas?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'd rather keep this solution as last resort given that i have a fair bit of stuff on my drives, any other ideas?

whens the last time you cleaned your fans out
if your PC thinks it isnt regulating properly then it'll force a stop to prevent overheating

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
you can do it so it only wipes the hard drive where the os is saved

D

Deleted member 1435

I'm gonna attempt to re-install the drivers with geforce experience and restart, see if it works. If it won't I just give the fuck up and I'll stop being a gamer until i save up for new pc