Serious Computer is Acting Weird

Mirukihoshi

internet therapist
Nebulae
Recently, since about a couple of weeks ago, my computer has been acting horrible, and would give me two errors, before freezing up after a couple of minutes. The first one stated,

"Problem Starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll", while the second one stated,

"C:\Windows\System32\Msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f".

I don't really know what to do, as after those errors pop up, my computer freezes soon after that. I have tried waiting for my computer to unfreeze, but restarting it seems to be the only way to fix it.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Do you still have a copy of your Windows Installation disk?

Also, which version of windows are you using?

Mirukihoshi

internet therapist
Nebulae
Do you still have a copy of your Windows Installation disk?

Also, which version of windows are you using?

Ah, I completely forgot to mention that. I'm using Windows 10, and I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15, 5000 series. I don't have the windows installation disk, because I think the laptop just came with it.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Ah, I completely forgot to mention that. I'm using Windows 10, and I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15, 5000 series. I don't have the windows installation disk, because I think the laptop just came with it.

Could you tell us if you've installed anything just before (or after) this started happening?

Also, would you happen to have any other copies of windows in your house?

Mirukihoshi

internet therapist
Nebulae
Could you tell us if you've installed anything just before (or after) this started happening?

Also, would you happen to have any other copies of windows in your house?

Well, before this started happening I haven't really had internet for about a couple weeks, and the only thing I downloaded in that time period was the game Danganronpa V3, which I downloaded over my phones hotspot. My computer worked fine playing it, and it remained fine for about a week or so. Then, when I tried to use it, out of nowhere, these errors started popping up. Also, I do not think there is another copy of windows in my house.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Well, before this started happening I haven't really had internet for about a couple weeks, and the only thing I downloaded in that time period was the game Danganronpa V3, which I downloaded over my phones hotspot. My computer worked fine playing it, and it remained fine for about a week or so. Then, when I tried to use it, out of nowhere, these errors started popping up. Also, I do not think there is another copy of windows in my house.

is your computer x32/x86 or x64

M

Man wearing a helmet

Tech Support Mr. Patel said:
  • Open Task Manager
  • Go to the Startup tab and find LogiDA
  • Right click on LogiDA and click on Disable
Now we have temporarily disabled the Logitech Download Assistant from starting with the computer. Now we have to delete the entry so we won’t be bothered with it again. To do so:
  • Press Win + R and type in REGEDIT
  • Backup the registry.
  • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key
    Logi_2.png
  • Find Logitech Download Assistant and delete the entry
  • Reboot the system for changes to take effect
Tech Support Ahmed said:
If you don’t want to go through the whole registry entry then I’ll suggest a simpler way.

• Download 'CCleaner'
  • Now install CCleaner and open it
  • Click on Tools, Startup
Logi_3-600x360.png

Now select Logitech Download Assistant from the list and click on Delete

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
In case the above doesn't work, here's something else you can do.

Bring the command prompt up, and ensure it's running under administrator access.

Type in "SFC /sccannow" without quotes, obviously.

Once it has finished, type this in.

"DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"

Once it works, uninstall and then re-install all your Visual Redistributable files.

logitech crap

Unless he actually does happen to have it installed, then I suggest it's a bad idea to do this. This type of problem can be caused by a variety of things since it's a .DLL error.

M

Man wearing a helmet

logidla.dll = logitech crap, the computer is looking for a file which simply doesn't exist

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Honestly? I'm not really sure. I'm gonna assume it's x86, only because that's what my Progam Files are called.

Control panel > System and Security > System on windows 10.

That folder isn't exactly accurate since I'm running on x64 and it still there.
[doublepost=1517718599][/doublepost]
logidla.dll = logitech crap, the computer is looking for a file which simply doesn't exist

yes, and Msvcp140.dll belongs to the Visual C ++ Redistributable file for Visual Studio 2015, which is why those should be re-installed as I've said above.

M

Man wearing a helmet

yes, and Msvcp140.dll belongs to the Visual C ++ Redistributable file for Visual Studio 2015, which is why those should be re-installed as I've said above.

just work one at a time brother

Mirukihoshi

internet therapist
Nebulae
In case the above doesn't work, here's something else you can do.

Bring the command prompt up, and ensure it's running under administrator access.

Type in "SFC /sccannow" without quotes, obviously.

Once it has finished, type this in.

"DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"

Once it works, uninstall and then re-install all your Visual Redistributable files.

Unless he actually does happen to have it installed, then I suggest it's a bad idea to do this. This type of problem can be caused by a variety of things since it's a .DLL error.

Thank you, I'll try this in a bit; but what are Visual Redistributable files? Also, hpw do I make sure it's running under administrative access?

just work one at a time brother

Thank you too, I'll try what you said as well, I just want to fix this shit.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Thank you, I'll try this in a bit; but what are Visual Redistributable files? Also, hpw do I make sure it's running under administrative access?

Type CMD into the search bar, right click under "Run as Administrator" .

Head to windows update and manually uninstall every Visual C++ file, from 2000 (if you somehow have that) to 2017. Make a log of which ones you have, and promptly re-install them from the official microsoft website.