Fixed conflicting addons causing the game to crash upon joining

Status
Not open for further replies.

swexs

Nebulae
before explaining my issue, I'm going to point out the fact that I've literally tried anything, I reinstalled gmod twice, deleted the whole folder, reinstalled the addons literally over 10 times as well as verifying files and so on. The whole ABC of troubleshooting, basically. I even reinstalled steam and had to redownload everything (css, hl2 and its episodes plus gmod) but still didn't help.
I decided to load up each addon and log on the server in order to see which addon was causing this, and I found out that it was more than 1 causing the crash, which is (if it helps):
HL2RP Conglomerate Pack 3
HL2RP Conglomerate Pack 2
WW3RP Buildings Pack
WW3RP Entities & Vehicles Pack 1
WW3RP Entities & Vehicles Pack 2
Nebulous Content - Props
Nebulous Content - Prop Materials
Nebulous Content - Consumables
Nebulous Content - Equipment
temporary pack 1
And the whole Stasiland Pack + the Event Music pack
if it helps my OS is running on 32bit and my game is on the chromium branch currently (the crash happens even in the normal version), it can support 64bit though, but I've installed the wrong architecture a long time ago, I'll have to format my PC to switch to 64bit but it's something I can't afford to do right now as it would take lots of time to transfer over the files to an external HDD

sometimes (really rare) I managed to join on the server with all the addons, but it made me suddenly crash while in observer, though I've realized that if I join with the working addons my game doesn't seem to be crashing

P.S. I also tried to extract the .gma of each of the aforementioned addons and moved the created folder in the addons one, but it still didn't work

P.P.S. I was in-game the whole time while typing this, it seems that if I just load the "working" addons, my game just doesn't instantly crash or anything, it's just these addons that I've mentioned above that make me crash, unsure why

Thanks in advance and thanks to the people that I've bothered before making this thread

E: Also, when I download all the addons, and verify the games files, it's basically on loop, I could keep on verifying them for hours but still wouldn't work, it keeps downloading the file but it doesn't work when I launch the game

Last edited:
Reactions: List

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
if you have more than 4 gigs of ram you should 100% install a 64-bit OS. Plus a format might fix your issue.
Backup anything that can't be reinstalled later, like videos and images. I have no idea how you can't afford to back those up unless you have like three terabytes of garbage. Either way, upgrading to a 64-bit OS (assuming your processor is x64-based) will far outweigh the inconvenience of having to wait X amount of hours for your files to copy over

swexs

Nebulae
if you have more than 4 gigs of ram you should 100% install a 64-bit OS. Plus a format might fix your issue.
Backup anything that can't be reinstalled later, like videos and images. I have no idea how you can't afford to back those up unless you have like three terabytes of garbage. Either way, upgrading to a 64-bit OS (assuming your processor is x64-based) will far outweigh the inconvenience of having to wait X amount of hours for your files to copy over
I'll try that, I'm desperate at this point. I'll update this thread once I'm done with the operation

swexs

Nebulae
It seems to be working now, switched to 64bit
gonna put it here for future reference:
for those that may experience the same issue (which I hope not) if every attempt of troubleshooting seems to be failing, formatting your PC can't hurt if the case really requires it, that is and also given that you back-up your important files beforehand obviously (I recommend an external HDD) - make sure you're also running your system on a x64 architecture.

case closed I guess, thanks @jb

Status
Not open for further replies.