Serious Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by aperson, Jan 23, 2020.

1. nnaM sitooP

nnaM sitooP What a pathetic string of words

Nebulae:
    You can make as many city ordinances as you want but you're never going to get everyone to wear a mask and socially distance. People are genuinely always going to be retarded no matter what you do

Shutting down businesses because of it is not the correct thing to do

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. GenericPlayer

GenericPlayer i like firetruck and moster truck
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    While you're not wrong, had there been a lockdown sooner you wouldn't be seeing this problem. On the other side, if you don't lock things down, you're going to see hospitals overrun with new patients, you'll see the workforce dwindle because everyone's ill, you'll see a spike in deaths yet again. You cannot physically handle the consequences of a large amount of people being infected with COVID.

Until you either find a vaccine, or until everyone somehow unanimously agrees to abide by health guidelines set out by WHO, you can't really effectively combat the virus without locking down certain establishments.

Shutting down businesses isn't necessary from the get-go, so long as guidelines are followed. But once everyone starts claiming they're exempt from wearing a mask, you're going to see a spike in infection rates, and no one can physically or financially afford the amount of patients that you'd get from continuous spikes in infection rates.

Kinda fucked up how $425 billion was spent on large corporations, with the worlds billionaires reaching a new found collective wealth of over ten trillion USD this year, a rise from 9.1 trillion in 2018, meanwhile you have mass unemployment and folk struggling to pay for the most basic of rent, heating, and medical bills.

Funny that.

I wonder who's in bed with the government on this. Gee, it's a real mystery.

Retards refusing to abide guidelines aside, you're going to see an even larger wealth increase in large corporations after this, probably as a result of even further monopolisation. The COVID epidemic is just hastening what was already going to happen to be honest mate.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Poopship McGee

Poopship McGee Old Stock Canadian | Psalm 14:1
    WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    This is human nature. I don't see what's wrong with private businesses and churches taking whatever precautions they feel necessary to feel safe. The government should provide all information it has available and give people the tools to make the right decision for themselves.

The issue is that the WHO first says one thing, then another, they say don't ban travel, then they say do. Fauci says one things, then another. The underlying problem with the US response is that there is so much conflicting information and partisan politics that they really didn't stand a chance at a comprehensive way of tackling COVID19 in the Donald Trump presidency with a Democrat house and a Republican senate, because bipartisan efforts are unacceptable this close to an election apparently, so the people must suffer. Each state is suffering from it differently and is responding to it differently. We're also forgetting the fact that there were a lot of people who were sick/recovering from COVID who were literally put into retirement homes, which then became hotspots that wiped out lots of elderly.

I think it's pretty funny to see the same people who complained when the U.S. banned travel from the U.K. (lol @Blackquill ), shit on the U.S. for doing a poor job.

4. Blackquill

Blackquill Administrator
    Head Staff HL2 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    p sure I didn't complain?

I made a joke about it lmfao what are you chatting

The UK has also done a shit job of dealing with the pandemic, so...

???

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    I literally haven't had takeout in half a year and have been out of the house a grand total of twice, both times to the doctors because if I catch Covid I literally could die

help

6. Poopship McGee

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

7. Trains

Trains ms paint artist extraordinaire
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    most people thought that was a good move though

i personally believe that if the uk had shut their borders this wouldn’t even be too much of an issue, we’re an island nation

also holy fuck what is this obsession with the economy? more people have died to this virus in a short timespan than any other disease that’s been around in about a hundred years and people are just playing it off like “oh well it won’t affect me i want to go out”

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Poopship McGee

Nebulae:
    i always hated british comedy

9. Señor Jaggles

Señor Jaggles Andalusian Nebuloid Moderator
    Moderator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I'm actually glad people at my gym are doing all of those - There's a lot of people who are not responsible but the people there seem to take care and do things right. There are also online activities and such which is pretty dope.

But on the other hand, there are idiots out there going to big crowded parties and the likes - Which is a shame because the majority is taking measures to avoid getting infected and such and then these "geniuses" go about carelessly, get the virus and kill 20 people through it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GenericPlayer

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    it's no even a floodgate mate, you're using a bloody fence

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Poopship McGee

Nebulae:
    i prefer the term, 'walk-in pool'.

12. Mesa

Mesa Molecule

Nebulae:
    i used to be on this 'should've done an earlier lockdown' boat, and then I saw just how the public reacted when made to lock down while the virus was here and spreading like wildfire

surprise: beaches packed, people complained about govt, not many people were arsed, still clapped for NHS. people are doing the same thing now but worse even though we actually have the virus here and a massive uptick in cases

the majority of people just don't care and it would've been even worse if we were made to lock down before it had arrived. people would either think 'it's not here, not got to worry' or think it was pointless in the first place

13. Mute

Mute Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    its a paradox

*country gets locked down early, everything is shut down, cases barely spread and the virus passes*
    “That lockdown was useless, there were barely any cases and it caused more damage than if it stayed open”

*country doesnt get locked down, stuff remains open, a lot of cases happen and it spreads everywhere, starts combatting the virus way too late*
    “Why didnt the government do anything, look at how much its spreading! locking it down is pointless down, they shouldve done it earlier!”

Either way if measurements are put in place there will always be retards that dont respect the rules, go to parties and hang out with dozens of people, dont care cause “man, the death rate is 1%, ill be fine” or “theres like 10k cases per million people man, theres no chance im getting it”

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. nnaM sitooP

nnaM sitooP What a pathetic string of words

Nebulae:
    I'm not against lockdowns in general per se, just the general idea that they should be nationally imposed and imposed for long periods of time. Even if we locked down the country and stopped the spread completely, the second that we reopen it's going to start spreading again. The only fix is the vaccine like you said
    Everywhere I've personally been, people are following rules and aren't acting like apes. My campus has been relatively loose on the regulations in general but we all know what the consequences are for being stupid and because of that we're being smart about it. Same goes for the place that I'm working for
    Okay but you do realize that these large corporations employ millions of people

15. GenericPlayer

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    Oh, no they don't work on a national scale, they never could. They should be used as mini-quarantines, secure specific high infection rate areas at a time.

Then yeah, places that follow guidelines shouldn't be shut down, that'd be counter-productive.

Yeah I'm well aware, but that doesn't change the fact that a large centralisation of wealth is still ending up at the top of the chain, as opposed to spread out throughout the company. No one's including the entire net-worth of a company under one person's name, they include individually owned assets. That's what people ought to take issue with, and often do take issue with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Aether

Aether haha dumb truck

Nebulae:
    Then as a wild idea, to balance out said problems, increase taxation on large corporations and use said taxation to subsidise small "mom and pop" businesses until things can return to normal, but somehow I imagine you'll have a problem with taxing the money hoarders and pick them over the "mom and pop" businesses you seem to care about so much.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. aperson

aperson Molecule

Nebulae:
  18. big chungus

big chungus Nucleus

Nebulae:
  19. Postal

Postal Atom

Nebulae:
    have they ever thought about freezing the economy

20. dee pixel

dee pixel jesus christ denton
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    oh, but they've worked so hard backstabbing others and violating human ethics to get to such obscene levels of wealth. how could you even thiNK of taking that away from them??

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice