Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

image.png

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
The game looks great but I'm most excited for the smoke, just looks more fun to play with than what we have now. Also, the fire on the molotov looks insane.

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
It took FromSoftware less time to develop Elden Ring than it did for Valve to increase the saturation on all of the maps to blindingly high levels and add smoke physics to CSGO

truly one of the pioneers of the gaming world

image.png

image.png

I mean seriously I get the whole light diffraction/diffusion technology but the old CSGO lighting looks so much more detailed and actually has character, the CS2 lighting makes it look like you're in an unrendered Unity map

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
It took FromSoftware less time to develop Elden Ring than it did for Valve to increase the saturation on all of the maps to blindingly high levels and add smoke physics to CSGO

image.png

image.png

I mean seriously I get the whole light diffraction/diffusion technology but the old CSGO lighting looks so much more detailed and actually has character, the CS2 lighting makes it look like you're in an unrendered Unity map
the only reason i'm hyped is because we may get the tools from source 2, i couldn't give less of a fuck abt cs. current cs is fine

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

image.png

image.png

That's... Not what they did and the lighting and texture/model detailing looks way better... ?

Have you seen what an unrendered Unity map looks like? Going by your definition even Fortnite or Team Fortress 2 are unrendered Unity maps.

These changes were a LONG time coming but there are more changes and improvements that were requested by the community itself, and on top of that some others that are very welcome. I'm not sure where you come from with the comments but certainly not from fact.

current cs is fine

No it isn't dude, ask the pros or any player that plays more than one hour a week. These changes were very late, but necessary for the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Deleted member 28

Nebulae
That's... Not what they did and the lighting and texture/model detailing looks way better... ?

Have you seen what an unrendered Unity map looks like? Going by your definition even Fortnite or Team Fortress 2 are unrendered Unity maps.

These changes were a LONG time coming but there are more changes and improvements that were requested by the community itself, and on top of that some others that are very welcome. I'm not sure where you come from with the comments but certainly not from fact.
They currently have
- "improved" graphics (up to debate)
- changed the UI
- added smoke physics which are cool sure
- removed tickrate

There must be some additional MAJOR improvements coming down the line, because I don't see how you can justify putting a 2 next to the name when the core gameplay is practically unchanged. Even Overwatch 2 added more content than this

No it isn't dude, ask the pros or any player that plays more than one hour a week. These changes were very late, but necessary for the game.
They added 1 new feature, haven't changed any balancing, haven't improved the anticheat, haven't improved the matchmaking, and the list goes on. What changes have they made that are "necessary"? For a game that makes Valve millions of dollars each year, and considering how it's clearly evident that very few people in the around 360 employees they have are working on updates for TF2 and Dota 2, I would have expected a lot more to come out of this

From 2002 to 2012, Valve released HL2, HL2 episode 1, HL2 episode 2, counter strike source, portal, portal 2, left 4 dead, left 4 dead 2, dota 2, and CSGO. From 2013 to 2023 they've released two games that were completely dead on arrival (artifact and dota underlords) and a cool Half-Life spinoff (that only people with niche multihundred dollar technology could play). I'm simply disappointed with Valve

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
They currently have
- "improved" graphics (up to debate)
- changed the UI
- added smoke physics which are cool sure
- removed tickrate

There must be some additional MAJOR improvements coming down the line, because I don't see how you can justify putting a 2 next to the name when the core gameplay is practically unchanged. Even Overwatch 2 added more content than this

They added 1 new feature, haven't changed any balancing, haven't improved the anticheat, haven't improved the matchmaking, and the list goes on. What changes have they made that are "necessary"? For a game that makes Valve millions of dollars each year, and considering how it's clearly evident that very few people in the around 360 employees they have are working on updates for TF2 and Dota 2, I would have expected a lot more to come out of this

From 2002 to 2012, Valve released HL2, HL2 episode 1, HL2 episode 2, counter strike source, portal, portal 2, left 4 dead, left 4 dead 2, dota 2, and CSGO. From 2013 to 2023 they've released two games that were completely dead on arrival (artifact and dota underlords) and a cool Half-Life spinoff (that only people with niche multihundred dollar technology could play). I'm simply disappointed with Valve

Change took more than it should've for what it is but it's what the players asked for, and going by your post, you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
See, this is a trap

Overcomplication causes the game to become simpler

Look at Valorant and at other complex games - Metas are found for those games and they are stuck to

Games like CSGO are beautiful in the simplicity, because people will spend thousands of hours on something simple to optimize it, and that's how a simple game becomes complex, because people make it complex through competition.

The gameplay mechanics have stayed relatively the same over the years before CS:GO, no? Sure, there's been some additions of things like the R8 and whatnot, but I do not see how the game has had a large amount of core gameplay changes since the inception of CS.

florek

Electron
Nebulae
You coming from the future? What proof do you have to back up your claims?

They haven't even fully released all the information yet and most of it is yet to come in Summer. How about we put down the glass ball and stop pretending to be an oracle?

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

They haven't even fully released all the information yet and most of it is yet to come in Summer. How about we put down the glass ball and stop pretending to be an oracle?

He's already wrong and not even two days have passed since Limited Testing began, so if he comes from the future he's a pretty bad time traveller. There are more features than those and his doubtful take on it all is based on thin air and his own misconception of it all. It's a whole ass new engine despite all the other changes added on top lmao.

See, this is a trap

Look at Valorant and at other complex games - Metas are found for those games and they are stuck to

Games like CSGO are beautiful in the simplicity, because people will spend thousands of hours on something simple to optimize it, and that's how a simple game becomes complex, because people make it complex through competition.

The gameplay mechanics have stayed relatively the same over the years before CS:GO, no? Sure, there's been some additions of things like the R8 and whatnot, but I do not see how the game has had a large amount of core gameplay changes since the inception of CS.

Yeah, about the balance stuff, the game is already balanced though. CS's major issue was the damn tickrate and other things that have been solved now.

Deleted member 28

Nebulae
See, this is a trap

Sure, in no way am I surprised that Valve is taking the overwhelmingly safe play here (as they have this entire past decade) but with the amount of money and resources they command, the improvement between CSGO and CS2 should be more akin to the improvement that CSGO was over CSS. Valve has nearly endless amounts of wealth, so I don't understand why the games and updates they release these days are massively more underwhelming than when they had less money and employees

You can keep Counter-Strike simple while refreshing the gameplay and its concept, which has been proven by each new major iteration of the game in the past

As I said, I certainly hope that they add more major improvements if they plan on labeling this a "sequel" to counter strike

e's already wrong and not even two days have passed since Limited Testing began, so if he comes from the future he's a pretty bad time traveller. There are more features than those and his doubtful take on it all is based on thin air and his own misconception of it all. It's a whole ass new engine despite all the other changes added on top lmao.
Are there some other new current features that they aren't listing on the website? They have literally only improved graphics by porting it to Source 2 (including UI and particle effects), made smokes more dynamic, removed tickrate, and apparently improved sound, though there aren't any details regarding this and I can't tell any difference in the audio

He's already wrong and not even two days have passed since Limited Testing began, so if he comes from the future he's a pretty bad time traveller. There are more features than those and his doubtful take on it all is based on thin air and his own misconception of it all. It's a whole ass new engine despite all the other changes added on top lmao.
"It's a new engine" so what? Yes, it's great that the thousand-dollar knives in the game sparkle in the sunlight and molotovs now look like they have liquid in them, but I've yet to see how it's revolutionizing the game in any way

Again maybe my opinion will change in the summer and this will all age terribly when they show all the features they are adding

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Sure, in no way am I surprised that Valve is taking the overwhelmingly safe play here (as they have this entire past decade) but with the amount of money and resources they command, the improvement between CSGO and CS2 should be more akin to the improvement that CSGO was over CSS. Valve has nearly endless amounts of wealth, so I don't understand why the games and updates they release these days are massively more underwhelming than when they had less money and employees

You can keep Counter-Strike simple while refreshing the gameplay and its concept, which has been proven by each new major iteration of the game in the past

As I said, I certainly hope that they add more major improvements if they plan on labeling this a "sequel" to counter strike

Are there some other new current features that they aren't listing on the website? They have literally only improved graphics by porting it to Source 2 (including UI and particle effects), made smokes more dynamic, removed tickrate, and apparently improved sound, though there aren't any details regarding this and I can't tell any difference in the audio

"It's a new engine" so what? Yes, it's great that the thousand-dollar knives in the game sparkle in the sunlight and molotovs now look like they have liquid in them, but I've yet to see how it's revolutionizing the game in any way

Again maybe my opinion will change in the summer and this will all age terribly when they show all the features they are adding

I just don't understand what the point is in coming here with 25% of the info (there are several videos and others of people who have already tried, it, Valve gave open doors to streaming/recording the limited testing phase) to basically talk about how Valve are slacking and kill the mood, we all know that, what we're happy is about the fact the game we like is getting refreshing updates and the stuff we asked for solved and improved. I'm just glad this shit is finally happening, jeez.