CS:GO now F2P, also adding in battle-royale

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Just as the title says. There's now 2 versions of the game, 1 which is completely free but is limited whilst the other is paid. The plan though is to go full F2P though according to steam-support articles. Battle royale gamemode also being added called Danger Zone, which is 16 players in total. Includes new kit like C4 for breaching and delivery drones.

More info here: http://counter-strike.net/dangerzone

Opinions? Thoughts?

Last edited:

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Just as the title says. There's now 2 versions of the game, 1 which is completely free but is limited whilst the other is paid. Battle royale gamemode also being added called Danger Zone, which is 16 players in total. Includes new kit like C4 for breaching and delivery drones.

More info here: http://counter-strike.net/dangerzone

Opinions? Thoughts?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Knew it was coming for ages,
BUUUUT

a 10 minute long battle royale with objectives other than just kill everyone, is actually interesting to me.
I'll be giving it a go whenever it comes out, hit me up if anyone wants to join

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
>battle royale
source.gif

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
greattt, so non-prime gets even shitter than it was before, and the only way to get out of the cess pool of hackers and toxic, troll kids is to pay.... lovely.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
AMD cards cause CSGO to insta-die on battle royale

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
valve is just a bunch of fucking clowns at this point

Way to give the middle finger to your entire player base

Nobody fucking wanted this shit

oh yeah that cheater problem? that’s gonna become 100x worse now since the game is gonna go fucking f2p

guess I’ll be playing faceit/esea for the rest of my life
[doublepost=1544136697][/doublepost]lmao I joined a valve DM server and there was five spinbotters xd

here lies csgo
press f to pay respect

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
valve is just a bunch of fucking clowns at this point

Way to give the middle finger to your entire player base

Nobody fucking wanted this shit

oh yeah that cheater problem? that’s gonna become 100x worse now since the game is gonna go fucking f2p

guess I’ll be playing faceit/esea for the rest of my life
[doublepost=1544136697][/doublepost]lmao I joined a valve DM server and there was five spinbotters xd

here lies csgo
press f to pay respect

stop being so salty. hacking is in every online game holy shit grow up.

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
Has anyone on this thread even played the Battle Royale lol

this is the reaction TF2 got when it went F2P

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Has anyone on this thread even played the Battle Royale lol

this is the reaction TF2 got when it went F2P
been trying to play it, but it CTD's on AMD/ Intel cards right now.

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
If you bought the game before this, do you gain access to the premium version for free or do you have to pay AGAIN

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
hacking is in every online game, holy shit grow up. I've literally never had this problem in ranked CSGO and I hear it all the time.

nice man

"If it works for me it should work for everyone else xd"

if before this update, I got (on average) maybe 3-4 blatant - as in spinbotting, triggerbot stuff like that for every 10 games. I can only imagine the shits that gonna happen now
you don't realise either that, all the cheaters that didn't have prime mm now do?

I refuse to accept cheating ' as part of the game ', I expect a product I've paid for to at least uphold the most basic of game design

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
can we not turn this into a pile of insulting and cry-baby like thread again please

thanks

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
nice man

"If it works for me it should work for everyone else xd"

if before this update, I got (on average) maybe 3-4 blatant - as in spinbotting, triggerbot stuff like that for every 10 games. I can only imagine the shits that gonna happen now
you don't realise either that, all the cheaters that didn't have prime mm now do?

I refuse to accept cheating ' as part of the game ', I expect a product I've paid for to at least uphold the most basic of game design

Maybe everybody where you live is cheating for some reason, but CSGO is where I've encountered literally 3 hackers in all my time playing ranked and casual. I'm calling bullshit on your claim that hackers just run the CSGO community.