CW: American Revolution Alternate History RP

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae

Battle_of_Lexington%2C_1775.png

It is the 19th of April on the Year of Our Lord 1775, 5 O'Clock in the morning. Lieutenant Colonel Francis Smith's force of four hundred men have arrived at the town of Lexington to disarm the rebellion in the area. The seventy-seven militiamen refused to surrender, and made a valiant stand against the British forces.

Hello reader, you're probably here because you want to know what I mean by an "Alternate Revolutionary War RP server" Well my good reader, it quite frankly says it on the tin. I would love to see a Serious RP Clockwork server that takes place in this setting. Now it wouldn't be very fun if we all scripted it out exactly how the war went IRL, which everyone knows , but rather a sort of "Alternate History" look on it. An opening event could take place at the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the first battles of the American Revolutionary War. I can see so many possibilities how this can turn out, with different battle results causing other battles to either not happen at all, or end differently, or perhaps battles that never even occured IRL. Event writers would have lots of fun with this gamemode, and so would the players enjoy the events.

Of course, S2k will be different with this gamemode, and unless you're fighting as the Minutemen who did indeed hide in the trees, stay in cover, prone, etc, you'll have to conform to European line battle tactics if playing as the Continental Army or the British Army.
It would also be preferable that each side must, after each shot do a /me at least as long as this:

/me lowers his musket, and reaches into his pouch retrieving a cartridge, biting it open he pours powder into the pan, and the rest down the barrel with the ball, he cocks the hammer and is now ready to fire.

Now before you start complaining about the length of it. It probably took as much or less time to write that /me than it takes to load an actual musket. It adds immersion, if that's too much for you then I guess you can just have a copypaste ready for it, but remember that this isn't s2k like in WW3RP or HL2RP, it's something different, so do something different.

Playermodels: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450644410&searchtext=british
SWEPS: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450644410&searchtext=british
Not sure what map to use, or if there are any maps appropriate for this setting.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
1. It would have to replace hl2 or ww3
2. hl2 is not going to be replaced
3. I don't want ww3 replaced
4. The historical time is shit
5. Leaves few room for diversification among characters
6. Requires a developer

Actually, that's the only point you need

Requires a developer.

Sound.

Reactions: List

ice

Paramilitary enthusiast
Nebulae
i call this rp 'real life simulator' on account of how [insert edgy meme about trump and revolution here]

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'd honestly rather fucking ask the developers of Gunsmoke 3 if we can use their gamemode with a custom lore.

D

Deleted member 243

VietnamRP instead of WW3

don't cry the M16 was still a thing so you can just spray vietcong twats

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
yeah but it jammed a lot because for some reason people thought it was "self cleaning"

The DoD wanted the M16 to fail trials because they had a fuck ton of surplus .30cal so they wanted to keep the M14 in service despite it being a bench queen pos so they purposefully told soldiers it was self cleaning so it'd fuck it but it still performed well

jamming M16 is a meme

Reactions: List