Cyberpunk thread

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
As some of us know, cyberpunk is a genre, which has many versions, and its also very popular. So i made this thread to share your view on cyberpunk, or just talk about it in general.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
As some of us know, cyberpunk is a genre, which has many versions, and its also very popular. So i made this thread to share your view on cyberpunk, or just talk about it in general.

Cyberpunk 2020 is fun but complicated as shit

and i want to try playing it more

Reactions: List

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I have a soft spot for Cyberpunk. Love all sorts of media behind it- music, literature, movies- you name it really. I used to run a fairly successful Cyberpunk server and it really expanded my views and opinions on the genre itself.

5E072F355610468DE048AF66E58E7CB01BE2E471

2E7BFFFB5E37EC7712B175DD70B8EED5AF375BC4

4DA39079AC75A37C09DF2D82FE8049B098435C35

The entire thing was extremely fun and I've always had the most fun exploring Cyberpunk as a concept. I've explored darker Cyberpunk settings and it's just as fun as the lighter settings. My main point is I love the genre and everything about it is pretty fun, not gonna lie. Cyberpunk games are also the shit.

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
I used to run a fairly successful Cyberpunk server and it really expanded my views and opinions on the genre itself.
You used to run? What happened? Also, do you know any active cyberpunk servers for gmod, i would be very thankful.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i really really want to get my hands on the blade runner game that westwood studios made in 1997

big shame their studios burnt down and they lost most of the code to the backend of the game with no backups

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
We shut down due to a mixture of shitty planning on my part, competition (a lot of it), and overall disinterest on everyones part. My guide for it got to the front of the page actually.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1437830448

I know of a few but honestly I wouldn't play on any of them.
Thanks alot for the info. Also i would like to point out that the link you send me showed that the server is coming out soon. Is it worth taking participation in it?

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Thanks alot for the info. Also i would like to point out that the link you send me showed that the server is coming out soon. Is it worth taking participation in it?

That's my old server and the guide is old, I was just posting it here. Not opening again anytime soon.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
The whole concept of partially augmented humans with the augmentations visible on their skin has always been a pretty damn cool concept to me, Cyberpunk 2077 really hits the nail on the head in terms of that stuff.

Otherwise Cyberpunk-esque music is fucking brilliant.

If Earth turned out anything like we imagine it within the next 30-40 years, I'd be one happy fella

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The whole concept of partially augmented humans with the augmentations visible on their skin has always been a pretty damn cool concept to me, Cyberpunk 2077 really hits the nail on the head in terms of that stuff.

If Earth turned out anything like we imagine it within the next 30-40 years, I'd be one happy fella

Look at Asia, they're pretty much Cyberpunk without the augments. Yet.

Guacamole

Neutrino
Nebulae
Cyberpunk novels are also awesome. Books like Neuromancer and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep have not only influenced so much sci-fi today, they really spark my imagination.
I recently was watching Altered Carbon as well. It seems to be heavily inspired by Neuromancer.

D

Deleted member 243

adding this one to the collection, fellow man of culture

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Cyberpunk was originally made to parody what people thought the future was going to be like if we kept treating it like shit and some parts of the world are coming pretty close to was envisioned

We live in a society