Movie Megathread

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
what do you think of pan's labyrinth? spanish fantasy film directed by the one and only guillermo del toro

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
what do you think of pan's labyrinth? spanish fantasy film directed by the one and only guillermo del toro
not going to lie i watched this movie when i was 12 and it was probably the first proper 'film' i saw, like the first thing that i saw that was challenging, non-mainstream and non-hollywood/kids shit

i'll always remember me and my fam staying up to something crazy like 3am to see it on film4, was rly amazing

Reactions: List

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
not going to lie i watched this movie when i was 12 and it was probably the first proper 'film' i saw, like the first thing that i saw that was challenging, non-mainstream and non-hollywood/kids shit

i'll always remember me and my fam staying up to something crazy like 3am to see it on film4, was rly amazing
damn, you saw that when you were 12? must've been an experience

ice

Paramilitary enthusiast
Nebulae
Dulles, have you ever seen Downfall? It's a great flick about the last days of the Nazi regime. Also spawned all of those angry Hitler memes from oh so long ago. I really recommend it.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Dulles, have you ever seen Downfall? It's a great flick about the last days of the Nazi regime. Also spawned all of those angry Hitler memes from oh so long ago. I really recommend it.
who hasnt seen it, honestly

ice

Paramilitary enthusiast
Nebulae
I actually only saw it a couple weeks ago.

Mapo

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
gone girl?

a united kingdom?

hacksaw ridge?

the grand budapest hotel?

@Dallas

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
what did you think of "falling down" if you've ever seen it? saw it for the first time a few months ago, and just rewatched it the other day, figure i'd ask your opinion on it because me and a couple friends all had different opinions on the theme behind it

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
what did you think of "falling down" if you've ever seen it? saw it for the first time a few months ago, and just rewatched it the other day, figure i'd ask your opinion on it because me and a couple friends all had different opinions on the theme behind it
rly underrated, one of the best films with a smart political message imo

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
Zodiac (great fincher)
Midnight in Paris (great woody allen)
Goodfellas (great scorsese)
Bladerunner & Alien (great Ridley Scott)
High Fidelity (best John Cusack movie)
School of Rock (one of my fav Linklater movies)
Children of Men (best Clive Owen movie)

el malman

Proton
Nebulae
Man Bites Dog (1992), belgium crime/dark comedy mockumentary in b&w
originally named 'C'est arrivé près de chez vous' (It happened in your neighborhood)

a hitman is on a serie of assassinations, while being followed by a shooting crew for a documentary

one of the funnier francophone comedies, pretty indie (student film)
better watched with french audio and english subs (the way you'd watch most foreign movies i guess)
benoit poelvoorde already great at his beginnings (no idea if you people actually know the guy, but eh)
great use of the fake documentary style, with a fair bit of meta (the members of the shooting crew become characters themselves)