Movie Megathread

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
sicario? sure, but thats because sicario isnt your big-budget blockbuster title in terms of production
I went into Sicario with no expectations and it was dope

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
p. sure that's what he was on about
nah he meant the original bladerunner which was directed by ridley scott the KING of sci fi
sicario? sure, but thats because sicario isnt your big-budget blockbuster title in terms of production
nah 2049 beats blade the original blade runner is what i meant

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
nah he meant the original bladerunner which was directed by ridley scott the KING of sci fi

nah 2049 beats blade the original blade runner is what i meant
original is better than 2049 imo

it's got that timeless charm

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
original is better than 2049 imo

it's got that timeless charm
i look at the original with rose tinted glasses and lots of nostalgia but once i take both of those off the movie isn't that enticing or compelling. 2049 had more engaging writing I think.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
. 2049 had more engaging writing I think.
It's Reddit: the Movie. Standard scifi flick that imitates arthouse aesthetics. It's the $20 Patek Phillipe imitation, the Chrysler 300 with Bentley badge, Ready Player One wrapped in Ulysses dust cover. A film by fedora for fedoras. It's the quintessential pseud movie.

A pedestrian easily accessible scifi story covered in several coats of artistic cinematography and featuring just enough quasi-philosophical meandering to turn away both the ones looking for a fun flick and those looking for serious kino - it has become the Holy Grail of pseuds.

Quite obviously more mentally stimulating than capeshit, yet never as much as to take the viewer out of the comfort zone of the usual evergreen scifi questions and baby's first existential crisis - it's the perfect cultural artifact to attach to for someone desperately longing for the image of "thinking man" or "cinephile", while not actually being interested in challenging themselves or developing authentic taste.

It's a movie for smart-but-lazy dropouts, for young adults who sincerely use the word "normie", for men with "So it goes" tattoos rereading Hitchhiker's Guide for the third time, for community college freshmen that write posts starting with "as an engineer", for "I love Nietzsche! Nihilism, fuck yeah!" people, for those that have buried themselves so deep in irony so they can't even be honest with themselves anymore.

The sort who will make fun of ham-fisted Black Mirror VR episodes in one thread and expunge upon "deep" connotations of holographic waifu in 8000 character multiposts in another, the sort who get off on reddit gold received for their standard issue incoherent teenage "philosophizing" dreck spiced with 'human condition' and 'Hegelian dialectic', the enlightened-by-their-own-intelligence crowd. The painful kind of self-aware capeshit swine that constantly whines about the death of cinema while watching nothing but Hollywood and dismissing everything else as "pretentious".

Reactions: List

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
original blade runner is just good because i think it really nailed the world, the characters, the cinematography and the plot

the city speak, the locations, the living conditions

such a simple plotline, it's literally a crime story - hunt down these rogue replicants and take them down

but then that hunt in the apartment, the ending, the love story between deckard and rachael- and the oh-so-sweet roy batty monologue

it's just a much nicer movie

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
It's Reddit: the Movie. Standard scifi flick that imitates arthouse aesthetics. It's the $20 Patek Phillipe imitation, the Chrysler 300 with Bentley badge, Ready Player One wrapped in Ulysses dust cover. A film by fedora for fedoras. It's the quintessential pseud movie.

A pedestrian easily accessible scifi story covered in several coats of artistic cinematography and featuring just enough quasi-philosophical meandering to turn away both the ones looking for a fun flick and those looking for serious kino - it has become the Holy Grail of pseuds.

Quite obviously more mentally stimulating than capeshit, yet never as much as to take the viewer out of the comfort zone of the usual evergreen scifi questions and baby's first existential crisis - it's the perfect cultural artifact to attach to for someone desperately longing for the image of "thinking man" or "cinephile", while not actually being interested in challenging themselves or developing authentic taste.

It's a movie for smart-but-lazy dropouts, for young adults who sincerely use the word "normie", for men with "So it goes" tattoos rereading Hitchhiker's Guide for the third time, for community college freshmen that write posts starting with "as an engineer", for "I love Nietzsche! Nihilism, fuck yeah!" people, for those that have buried themselves so deep in irony so they can't even be honest with themselves anymore.

The sort who will make fun of ham-fisted Black Mirror VR episodes in one thread and expunge upon "deep" connotations of holographic waifu in 8000 character multiposts in another, the sort who get off on reddit gold received for their standard issue incoherent teenage "philosophizing" dreck spiced with 'human condition' and 'Hegelian dialectic', the enlightened-by-their-own-intelligence crowd. The painful kind of self-aware capeshit swine that constantly whines about the death of cinema while watching nothing but Hollywood and dismissing everything else as "pretentious".
nEkIexR.png

nice try

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
http://is2.*********/tv/1531513573363.png

rapidjuice

GSF (Gmod Special Forces Soldier)
B A N N E D
Nebulae
charlie_brooker_1.jpg

WOT IF HITLER WOZ AN APP ON A COMPUTAH

WOT IF ME MUM WOZ A VR GAME

BONKERS INIT
- t. Charlie Brooker

BlackMirrorTitleCard.jpg

fuck charlie brooker he’s not clever or smart he’s an ugly hack who makes terrible kino

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
some of the original series has bangers like white bear and white christmas but the netflix run was shit