Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
ye7yzhq.png
zhqeirM.png

darkwood_splash.png

header.jpg

Darkwood

Darkwood is a top-down surreal horror game, but it doesn't end there. The game provides a lot of key features, and it's not like any other horror game you've ever watched or play.

Darkwood is a challenging and unforgiving game, It will not let you by the hand, will not give you hints, advantages or any assistance whatsoever, you must teach yourself how to survive in the dark, twisted and relentless woods by yourself. If you are reckless, not cautious and not careful, You will not survive, and the game won't go easy on you whatsoever, and each choice you make will effect the story and impact you and/or Darkwood's inhabitants accordingly.
The developers put up the game on the pirate bay for some reason, dunno why so you can torrent it yourself because they don't care about the money anymore lol.

Twisted atmosphere and gameplay

The more you progress through the story, the more bizarre things you find, and the more you get less sane, beginning to hallucinate. And the borderline between reality and nightmarish, disastrous fantasies blurs. The game will throw at you challenges, hostile creatures, diseases and puzzles, which you will have to deal carefully with.

Graphics and gameplay

The perspective is top-down, and you can only see wherever you look, you do not have a 360 degrees vision, and the nights are are impossible to see without a source of light (and you might aswell not be out at night at all.). Personally, the graphics are nice. The art is pixelated, but extremely detailed and thought out, and the animations are extremely impressive.
Darkwood doesn't focus just on horror and spooks and scares, it has gore and will put you through harsh fights, including harsh choices, which won't look appealing.

Crafting

The game provides a rather flexible and diverse crafting system. You can barricade doors and windows, build traps and improve your equipment, including a perk and abilities system, which I really like.

What I think: The game is amazing, and I love getting tense and stressed when playing a horror game, as that what a horror game should achieve, and this one achieved it alright. I strongly suggest getting the game if you don't want to have a nice time, and try to survive a game that will kick your ass.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/274520/Darkwood/
http://www.darkwoodgame.com/