Completed David Miller PK appeal (That is very real)

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by Thood74, Nov 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thood74

Thood74 Electron

Nebulae:
    Steam Name:thood74
    Steam ID: i will put this in later because i'm already aware this will take longer than it needs to be

Character Name: David Miller

Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character
    : @Gary as i have been informed

What Led To Your Character's Death?: okay so i was talking to somebody in steam PMs, when i exit the steam overlay i'm being asked by a cop (@Simman102 i believe) why i am staring at them. I try to explain in LOOC that i was PMing someone before they continue to press the issue, repeating the question. I simply say in IC "no reason." because i have no experience in this tier of bullshitting.

They then ask for my name and CID, at which point i keep repeating in LOOC for them to READ LOOC (i wasnt aware it could be disabled btw) and eventually i got pissed i decided to replace slamming my face against the desk for LOOCly shoving them, and then they began taking THAT ICLY despite my despirate attempts to explain the situation again in LOOC, leading to me rage quitting because i dont play a game to be enraged over meaningless bullshit such as the above.

I eventually reconnect, hoping that its possible to let it go at this point and save myself this bullshit, when they then RETURN at an admins request, alongside a warning directed to me to not disconnect during RP (Yeah, you can call it that.) and then i continue to not be able to explain shit, get zip tied and taken into the nexus. I have, at this point, given up any attempt at talking to this person like they are anything less then a cunt who jacks off to meaningless PKs.

i attempt to explain how i cant explain the shove, suggesting it was possibly reflex. They then unholster their USP, move me to a holding cell, talk to dispatch and then execute me.

Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?:
    I can't...I....Really? A character killed over some cop choosing to ignore LOOC (i did, when he returned, explain the situation going on in LOOC because i had asked the admin to ask the COP to turn on LOOC explaining to him the situation at the moment before admin told me this rediculous situation is allowed to continue and we went on from there.) in exchange for being as immersed as possible. Other than that, i have nothing aside from how there was no IC reason for my character to act like this.

tl;dr this situation was retarded, and was only continued because a cop main piece of shit wanted it to and loves PKs. Also, isn't possibly missing the intro of the event enough?

Date Of Occurrence:
    I didn't actually take note of this, but rather recently.
    Evidence: too busy tying a noose to take a screenshot. Basically i didnt gather any. Just ask @DreadDK , the admin i was talking to throughout the entire situation and said this was entirely reasonable. You can also talk to the cop who went along with this. I'd actually like to hear this.
    Other Players Involved: nah.
    Any Other Details: No other details, just a request for any creative suicide ideas i refuse to apologise for any of the insults or wording of the appeal above. I honestly hate this cop player and recommend that for the love of all that is holy, you remove their whitelist or atleast tell them to take things abit less seriously and calm the hell down.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Numbers

Numbers ok
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    @Simman102 bit of an extreme reason to instigate a situation and kill someone tbh

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  3. '77 East

'77 East `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    Might want to not break the rules before you make suggestions.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Simman102

Simman102 the scourge of roleplay
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    No that's not me what
    @mert it was I believe

• Informative Informative x 4
  5. Thood74

Thood74 Electron

Nebulae:
    i was already kinda pissed before this for no reason related to my faith in events, and i did apologise to the admin when they warned me. I did forget to apologise to the cop but i would probably feel sick about that now. Of course, i dont expect that to be done but still. fuck was that a dick move
    Merged:
    sorry for wasting your time. i musta gotten confused

6. Theplahunter

Theplahunter Electron
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    LOOC or not if you shove a unit using fists that's 243. Being upset oocly and trying to worm out of rp by talking in looc you were pming somebody is bullshit. He didnt need a reason to take your name and cid thood, and he was obviously taking everything ic. The rules dictate if you do not agree with rp you continue and then handle it on the forums.

The cp did nothing wrong, what you did was against the rules and attacked a unit yet you demand his whitelist is removed?

7. Kafe

Kafe Maps, PK appeals, Ice Cream lady pics
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Keep out of appeals unless you are involved.
    We don't need people to come in to start more problems.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Tzula

Tzula Molecule

Nebulae:
    Miss clicks happen all the time.
    I dont know how this was any different unless something else happened which I feel is the case here if so please pm me why, I'll log search.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. Thood74

Thood74 Electron

Nebulae:
    i understand that getting pissed while talking to a brick wall is PKable technically, but i mean cmon. Is this NOT EXTREME WHATSOEVER?

I'm comtemplating request a month ban for myself to forcefully seperate myself from this game for abit due to how fucking annoying this server is slowly getting, but i instead decided that if im willing to give participating in global events another shot, i might aswell try PK appeals again

also, unofficial dumb rating.

10. mert

mert Molecule

Nebulae:
    Hello, I'm the robocop who amputated you for:

243 ASSAULT ON PROTECTION TEAM | Any form of attack on or physical aggression toward Overwatch forces.

I approached your character with the intent to bully you. Keep in mind I had no intent of amputating you. You decided to chat shit in LOOC which I had no intend to respond because I wanted to remain IC. Continuing on I asked for your name and once again you continued to take this into LOOC. After getting your name I asked why it took so long for you to respond in which you deliberately approached my cop and shoved me after throwing a fit in LOOC. You have been playing in this community for a long time now so I am pretty sure that you understand that you are always IC beyond the trainstation.

When I decided to prosecute you proceeded to disconnect. Thankfully you remained where I found you so I could resume the roleplay. I took you into the nexus and tried to get you sent to nova prospekt so you could get a bit of character development out of the situation, but unfortunately no dispatch player were on so I ended up shooting you instead.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Thood74

Thood74 Electron

Nebulae:
    my first two comments in the fucking LOOC was literally fucking explaining that i was accidentally staring at your char because i had to PM people in the overlay.

The shove was a way of taking my anger out without leaving, which i hoped you would understand (but didnt because s e r i o u s l y)

how would this work? curious.
    Merged:
    i also want to comment about how you took this very literally. LOOC shit happens all the time, and i didnt really have a good excuse. you choosing to continue this made me pissed and my choice to take it out by right clicking you was a dumb one, but i HONESTLY was already in a bad mood before this began. No excuse, i know i know but still. Can you give me a break? And so close to a fucking event....

#11 Thood74, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. mert

mert Molecule

Nebulae:
    Next time go on an AFK character, disconnect or actually go IC and explain yourself. You could have avoided all of this mess by literally staying IC.

Why should I excuse you for mingeshoving me because you were angry in OOC? You decided to shove my cop and he reacted accordingly which lead to your characters untimely demise.

Also didn't you say it was a misclick?

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  13. Thood74

Thood74 Electron

Nebulae:
    it was a in the moment decision i used to take out my anger. CAN YOU PLEASE BE A FUCKING HUMAN WHO CAN UNDERSTAND PEOPLE GET PISSED?! I wanted to take out my anger, and my choice for expressing this anger wasnt good but still. I'd honestly ask that you dont kill a developed char over LOOC expression of anger. You also completely ignored any LOOC discussion it looked like to me, which contributed to my eventual outburst.
    Merged:
    I honestly thought you wouldnt give a shit, considering your impression of a brick wall was great and i honestly thought you were doing this to be an asshole (and still sort of are, no offense but thats just how this feels at this current point)

I was still trying to treat you like you could comprehend i have human emotions, and people have different ways of expressing them. (that wouldnt excuse more serious shit, but it was a fucking click of my mouse. can you understand this?)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. mert

mert Molecule

Nebulae:
    I have also recently lost a developed char because of an OOC mishap, and people have been pked and prosecuted before for OOC mistakes. If you have a OOC problem then let me repeat myself and say that you should preferrably disconnect or go onto an afk character.

So you broke a rule because you thought I wouldn't care?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Un legendario delegado de protección metropolitana

Nebulae:
    I'll gladly ban you for a month due to your attitude in this appeal and your behavior regarding the situation for something you could've easily kept IC without throwing a temper tantrum like a normal human being.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
  16. Thood74

Thood74 Electron

Nebulae:
    i broke a rule due to emotion. I honestly hoped you could comprehend that and i didnt know i broke a rule in the moment.
    i didnt HAVE an OOC problem. i was just talking to people for a brief moment about the event. Didn't think it warranted a disconnect or switching to an AFK char due to how brief i was planning to keep it. You began talking to me and i didnt have an excuse ICly. It escallated slowly, a. Me being in a bad mood was due to my general hopes for the event being low but it wasnt anger at that point. You completely ignoring LOOC like it didnt exist eventually made it boil into anger. I'l also state at this point, that my choice of expression being to shove your char and your interpretation of it may have been reasonable. I still believe that you choosing to take it ICly despite my attempts to try and continue LOOC conversation and explain it was abit harsh.

I'm also sorry for the insults, despite the fact that doesnt justify them. I'm still pissed at losing a char before an event but that isnt the way to express it. It was harsh.

I'm going to continue to cooldown now before this conversation worsens my growing headache and mood.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. mert

mert Molecule

Nebulae:
    you're at fault here

Then react IC instead of trying to weasling your way out with OOC excuses.

It's ok I forgive you <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Thood74

Thood74 Electron

Nebulae:
    i highlight the word have. meaning at the time. Meaning i developed one as it went on. But sure. I may have been vague with that post. Now imma unwatch this thread for now and reply tomorrow.
    Thank you

19. Thood74

Thood74 Electron

Nebulae:
    I hate to be a bother, but can i request that this is gotten over with before the event ends?

I don't believe that me getting enraged and accidentally shoving you while spamming M2 and smashing my WASD keys should be a reason for a character PK, even though it was my fault.

I've gotten some sleep and i think i sort of got shit jumbled up but i doubt anybody believes that by now because of my previous posts i honestly dont blame you for thinking i'm just lying and at this point i'm 90% sure i'l be denied. Regardless, thought i should give my recollection of what happened now i've cleared my mind and thought about it for awhile.

Further apologies for the disturbance this PK appeal has caused regardless of verdict.

#19 Thood74, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Mic15000

Mic15000 The Underdog

Nebulae:
    @Numbers Opinions on this since you saw it first? Pretty neutral myself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice