Deadpool 2 - SPOILERS

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
I just saw Deadpool 2 yesterday with my friends and I don't regret it. I haven't seen the first one because I rarely watch movies, so I can't say if it is better or not, but I still found it funny and enjoyable.

What did you think about the movie, and what was your favourite scene?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I enjoyed the film, not as much as the first one but a lot of the jokes and humour was hilarious - especially the parts with Cable and the Thanos references - Ryan Renyolds nailed his Deadpool performance once again and even some of the characters I didn't like were still acted quite well. Overall I don't think it was a terrible film by any stretch, however...

(keep in mind this is obvs my opinion and obvious spoilers)
I also didn't like it for the following things, they jutted out and kinda bothered me about the whole thing:
  • The fact Juggernaut was in it for about 10 minutes. Wasted potential - and his actors performance was brilliant. His death was also p shitty an anti-climactic.
  • The 'Villian' (The kid, I forgot the name of) I just found obnoxious and their standalone humor parts felt really forced (The whole "gangsta" scene)
  • The X-Force all being killed off (except Domino) - again wasted potential imo; I also didn't really find the 'Peter' character funny.
  • The story - might be a moot point since who watches deadpool for the story but I still felt it was unfocused and weak compared to the first film - I'd even go as far to say it didn't feel like a sequel (as in a follow up to a story)
  • I personally prefer it when characters are trying to play it straight which juxtaopposes deadpools behavior and that makes it all the more funnier imo.

Reactions: List

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
I enjoyed the film, not as much as the first one but a lot of the jokes and humour was hilarious - especially the parts with Cable and the Thanos references - Ryan Renyolds nailed his Deadpool performance once again and even some of the characters I didn't like were still acted quite well. Overall I don't think it was a terrible film by any stretch, however...

I also didn't like it for the following things, they jutted out and kinda bothered me about the whole thing:
  • The fact Juggernaut was in it for about 10 minutes. Wasted potential - and his actors performance was brilliant. His death was also p shitty an anti-climactic.
  • The 'Villian' (The kid, I forgot the name of) I just found obnoxious and their standalone humor parts felt really forced (The whole "gangsta" scene)
  • The X-Force all being killed off (except Domino) - again wasted potential imo; I also didn't really find the 'Peter' character funny.
  • The story - might be a moot point since who watches deadpool for the story but I still felt it was unfocused and weak compared to the first film - I'd even go as far to say it didn't feel like a sequel (as in a follow up to a story)
  • I personally prefer it when characters are trying to play it straight which juxtaopposes deadpools behavior and that makes it all the more funnier imo.
I agree with most of the criticism, especially about the kid (Russel I think, and his "gangsta" part was a bit cringy imo) and the X-force being wasted like 10-15 minutes after their introduction. But I feel like the X-force was more to generate hype through their appearance in the trailer, and it's... kind of a dick move to kill most of them off instantly.

Edit: fuck i named it Spoiler: Spoiler didnt I.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I agree with most of the criticism, especially about the kid (Russel I think, and his "gangsta" part was a bit cringy imo) and the X-force being wasted like 10-15 minutes after their introduction. But I feel like the X-force was more to generate hype through their appearance in the trailer, and it's... kind of a dick move to kill most of them off instantly.

Edit: fuck i named it Spoiler: Spoiler didnt I.
I avoided trailers (except the phonebooth teaser which wasn't even in it so no worries) so It didn't really have that kind of impact on me

The credits gags were better than the 1st one tho

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
I avoided trailers (except the phonebooth teaser which wasn't even in it so no worries) so It didn't really have that kind of impact on me

The part when he fucking goes back in time to kill Ryan Reynolds before he plays Green Lantern, and his X-Men origins version was fucking gold imo.

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae

Fucking hell I was laughing so hard at the post credit scenes

I also did NOT expect to see Juggernaut and the X-Force dying after just being introduced. Fucking comedy gold

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
Also my favourite scene from the film was either the aforementioned after-credits scenes, or that part where he tries to slice the bullets Cable fires at him with his swords, only to only hit one and get filled with lead.

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Shit was SO good.
Wasn't expecting much, but damn that was gOOOD.
Remember the part when he hugs the guys, i was like 'wtf?"
then he rolls over to the street and kills him

Liamos

Proton
Nebulae
The Green lantern post credit scene caught me so off guard, probably the best joke in the movie

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
first one was good and this one is the same for me, funny and i liked it.
it was a comedy and i laughed more than once so it did its job.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Deadpool 2 or Infinity War tho

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
shit was fun

the character as a whole is a fucking parody and nukes the fourth wall, which is way it's the only one that is actually interesting

D

Deleted member 5658

I giggled constantly throughout the whole thing, I might see it again

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
juggernaut is immortal last i checked?

Deadpool

A turtle made it to the water
Nebulae

best part of the movie was xmen origins barakapool getting shot in the aftercredits tbh
deadpool 2 wasnt as good as deadpool 1 but it was more or less the same thing except FUCK RUSSEL and cable was good but his change of heart was pretty stupid
also fox are stupid releasing the movie after infinity war and before solo lol rip sales tbh

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
aint gonna fucking lie im still laughing at that gag where he says they couldnt get any cool xman then the new cast shows up fucking james mcavoy and all