Dean's Gmod Posing

Dean

That Northern-English guy
Nebulae
I used to do quite a bit of gmod posing and recently started doing it again after a long break. I am thinking about going onto SFM posing but I'll just see how things go. But yeah I made this...

FDF948046CE429CB3472AF007B2A03A5C94B3E84

Reactions: List

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
  • zoom in (FOV changes everything)
  • use sdof not dof (dof is choppy and garbage)
  • add realistic lighting (where is that light even coming from?)
  • fill the empty space
  • add fog
you should definitely check out one of the stickied guides

Dean

Nebulae
  • zoom in (FOV changes everything)
  • use sdof not dof (dof is choppy and garbage)
  • add realistic lighting (where is that light even coming from?)
  • fill the empty space
  • add fog
you should definitely check out one of the stickied guides

Okay man, thanks :)

Dean

Nebulae
I'm not sure what to think about this one - I like my angle this time and how I tried out some facial posing but I feel like I did a bit of a half-arsed job of the second citizen's right hand position. I don't know, maybe someone could help me with some more improvements. @wired I hope to add more of your suggestions for improvement in my next pose.

A801946A82D71B6E7956150AEE77C8BE6E191ACA

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm not sure what to think about this one - I like my angle this time and how I tried out some facial posing but I feel like I did a bit of a half-arsed job of the second citizen's right hand position. I don't know, maybe someone could help me with some more improvements. @wired I hope to add more of your suggestions for improvement in my next pose.

A801946A82D71B6E7956150AEE77C8BE6E191ACA

Wall on the right looks like it's had a bad photoshop filter put over it (Paint Daubs, primarily.)

FOV is still out of it, I'd move the crowbar man closer and lower the FOV to a less warped degree.

The grip the attacker has on that guy looks more like he's just struggling to shake his hand, and also groping his tits. Put him in a full-nelson or such, make it look like he genuinely can't do anything.

Also, add some lights. Especially rim lights.

Dean

Nebulae
Wall on the right looks like it's had a bad photoshop filter put over it (Paint Daubs, primarily.)

FOV is still out of it, I'd move the crowbar man closer and lower the FOV to a less warped degree.

The grip the attacker has on that guy looks more like he's just struggling to shake his hand, and also groping his tits. Put him in a full-nelson or such, make it look like he genuinely can't do anything.

Also, add some lights. Especially rim lights.

Yeah, looking at it I see what you mean. I was wondering about the FOV when I was doing this last night but I was too tired to redo. Thanks for the advice :)

Dean

Nebulae
Now the idea for this one just popped into my head and by the looks of it I think it worked out well for my third pose! Once more I'd appreciate it if I could get some criticism and ways to improve.

03B271B7E9935CB188A193713B4B261378B1A61E

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
Now the idea for this one just popped into my head and by the looks of it I think it worked out well for my third pose! Once more I'd appreciate it if I could get some criticism and ways to improve.

03B271B7E9935CB188A193713B4B261378B1A61E
Several tiers of improvement since your first post, well done!

Just keep working on that posing, its looking a little stiff. Always ask yourself if a pose looks realistic before you finish a piece of artwork.

Second, fill that empty space!!! In this case, it's not that bad.

Third, add some more intense lighting, lamps are best. I usually use a shade of soft yellow with 1.5 intensity

Dean

Nebulae
Several tiers of improvement since your first post, well done!

Just keep working on that posing, its looking a little stiff. Always ask yourself if a pose looks realistic before you finish a piece of artwork.

Second, fill that empty space!!! In this case, it's not that bad.

Third, add some more intense lighting, lamps are the best

Thanks for helping out again :) I did think to myself about the empty space but honestly I just wanted to see the full difference between this pose and my first one. I'll be sure to add in something more to the background and get the lighting properly sorted in my next large scale pose! Thanks again :)

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Thanks for helping out again :) I did think to myself about the empty space but honestly I just wanted to see the full difference between this pose and my first one. I'll be sure to add in something more to the background and get the lighting properly sorted in my next large scale pose! Thanks again :)

This may be silly of me to ask, But why not use SFM? you can get sick results like this fam. EXAMPLE Piece of mine:

gcRg6ii.jpg

Dean

Nebulae
This may be silly of me to ask, But why not use SFM? you can get sick results like this fam. EXAMPLE Piece of mine:

gcRg6ii.jpg

Yeah, as I said right at the start of the thread I am going to go into SFM soon I was just seeing what sort of results I could get from gmod posing to see If I should spend my time on such projects :) Thanks for the advice

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
do not use sfm

gmod posing requires skill
SFM IS WEAK MANS GAME.

G MOD MASTERRACE.

Yes just select hands and freeze, ragdoll everything else and you're good because that game has a physics engine to make everything look nice.

Try posing everything manually.

Dean

Nebulae
This is a bit different to what I've been doing. But from this I can see that the muzzle flash just doesn't look real so I'll make sure to get a better effect when I next use a flash like this. But anyway, here it is...

BA514825AD0D5428A85E64F6B2EC55D40116AE92

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
This is a bit different to what I've been doing. But from this I can see that the muzzle flash just doesn't look real so I'll make sure to get a better effect when I next use a flash like this. But anyway, here it is...

Nothing wrong with it, You could do a little bit of photoshop enhancing for the muzzle flash ;3

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

The problem is that is has no story behind it.

CP points at guy.

Guy goes for his Union Card.

CP pulls out gun and fires it in the air?

Guy is like "WOAH MAN I HAVE A CARD"

And a barrel seems to be vibrating way too fast for the lack of force happening against it.

If that is a barrel.

Also, the citizen's floating, I think.