Deep Rock Galactic

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae

apps.55635.13626568325427111.2befb3e4-6cb1-47e8-b282-9e4a3b12af54.a0e867d9-ea72-4698-a885-d782a0e24285

Deep Rock Galactic, a game that resolves around four dwarves (soon 5 afaik) mining resources, fixing destroyed mining drones and what not. Game is hell of a lot of fun with others, or alone.

What makes this game so great you ask? Well, easy to answer! The developers put amazing work into this game, which includes adding a few jokes here and there, regular updates & hotfixes and what not. There is so much to mention.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

FriendlyMan

eating seeds as a pastime activity
B A N N E D
Nebulae
how much did they pay you

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
shooting it back up since there's been a fuckton of updates and such since i made this thread

also its price is currently reduced

Dalekfodder

Proton
Nebulae

apps.55635.13626568325427111.2befb3e4-6cb1-47e8-b282-9e4a3b12af54.a0e867d9-ea72-4698-a885-d782a0e24285

Deep Rock Galactic, a game that resolves around four dwarves (soon 5 afaik) mining resources, fixing destroyed mining drones and what not. Game is hell of a lot of fun with others, or alone.

What makes this game so great you ask? Well, easy to answer! The developers put amazing work into this game, which includes adding a few jokes here and there, regular updates & hotfixes and what not. There is so much to mention.

I bought this game a while ago with 3 others and we played it for a while before it simply became boring

Content is exhausted too quickly an there isn't a real motivation to go further, otherwise fun game to play every now and then

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
i wanted someone to play with but every group i tried playing with blanks so :I

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
sorry for the necropost but the game really is great

you are a space dwarf, you go into a cave with either a customizable robot you can command around or 1-3 other players, you mine stuff, you shoot bugs (and sometimes robots), you dig through terrain or build platforms and ziplines and stuff, you do some other tasks for the company, you exfil when done, upgrade your stuff, get new cosmetics, drink beer and do it all over again. There are continuous updates, minimal monetisation (only paid stuff are ocasional cosmetic-only bundles that pale in comparison to the amount of cosmetics you can get for free, though they admitably have pretty strong themes), very memeable/community building phrases and systems and a very cool community in general, MODDING SUPPORT (with the devs allowing a lot of them to be used on your main save), very cool devs overall (examples: season passes have unearned rewards transfered to other reward sources after they end, there is a lot of leniecy with daily challenges, community suggestions get added occasionally - even if they're very minor flavour stuff, and the game oozes care in general, with a lot of stupid tiny details that are just fun) and flavour writing/theming that is part dwarven silliness and badassery and part corporate interests doing corporate stuff

also you can very easily play solo or with randoms, though you do ocasionally get a bad team obviously (as for communication, pinging stuff and the occasional chat message suffice most of the time)

the game has its flaws (just like any other in the genre) and a big part of it is very clearly a grinding looter game, but the core gameplay is still a lot of fun and we need more miners to help us tear into Hoxxes and say the funny spaceship troopers line after killing bugs

Last edited:

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
sorry for the necropost but the game really is great

you are a space dwarf, you go into a cave with either a customizable robot you can command around or 1-3 other players, you mine stuff, you shoot bugs (and sometimes robots), you dig through terrain or build platforms and ziplines and stuff, you do some other tasks for the company, you exfil when done, upgrade your stuff, get new cosmetics, drink beer and do it all over again. There are continuous updates, minimal monetisation (only paid stuff are ocasional cosmetic-only bundles that pale in comparison to the amount of cosmetics you can get for free, though they admitably have pretty strong themes), very memeable/community building phrases and systems and a very cool community in general, MODDING SUPPORT (with the devs allowing a lot of them to be used on your main save), very cool devs overall (examples: season passes have unearned rewards transfered to other reward sources after they end, there is a lot of leniecy with daily challenges, community suggestions get added occasionally - even if they're very minor flavour stuff, and the game oozes care in general, with a lot of stupid tiny details that are just fun) and flavour writing/theming that is part dwarven silliness and badassery and part corporate interests doing corporate stuff

also you can very easily play solo or with randoms, though you do ocasionally get a bad team obviously (as for communication, pinging stuff and the occasional chat message suffice most of the time)

the game has its flaws (just like any other in the genre) and a big part of it is very clearly a grinding looter game, but the core gameplay is still a lot of fun and we need more miners to help us tear into Hoxxes and say the funny spaceship troopers line after killing bugs

the devs also actually listen to the community

can you believe it

developers listening to the playerbase in this day and age

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
the devs also actually listen to the community

can you believe it

developers listening to the playerbase in this day and age
yep, it's pretty cool
what stands out to me especially is that it includes not just gameplay stuff, but also tiny things like being able to pet the adorable friendly creatures you can (but don't have to) murder for free goodies
or being able to rescue the head of a clearly sentient robot/vehicle you use for drilling, with the dwarves trash talking management for thinking of it as disposable should you ping it

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
pet the adorable friendly creatures you can (but don't have to) murder for free goodies
pop'em don't pet'em
or being able to rescue the head of a clearly sentient robot/vehicle you use for drilling, with the dwarves trash talking management for thinking of it as disposable should you ping it
and seriously

it was a bug at first, never meant to be actually a thing to pick up the head of the massive machine, nor does it give you any bonus loot/xp during the endscreen

they just left it in as people on reddit, discord etc. said it's a dwarves duty to rescue Dotty regardless of what happens to her

for real though, buy it. DSG is the example of what I want out of a dev team, they're wholesome, interact with the community in various ways and work on the game for fun, not profits

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
pop'em don't pet'em
No
I can't do it
They do a happy little shake when you pet them, and sometimes even poop out a mineral for you
And they canonically don't run away because they don't expect to be attacked