Dimitri 'Dima' Lebedev

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Applications' started by Rod, Apr 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rod

Rod remove bias

Nebulae:

[​IMG]
    - OOC Section -

Name: Rod

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:48973715

Timezone: CET GMT +1

How is your activity? / How would you rate your interest in Stasiland?:
    I'm almost always using the PC pretty much when I'm at home, so I would say that my activity is pretty good. Stasiland was always an interesting take on the genre for me, since after all these years, shooting over roleplaying got a little stale.

Any previous infractions at the community? If so, can you explain?:
    I don't remember ever being banned from Nebulous. Every misunderstanding was resolved without having to penalize me, or was solved IC.

Previous WW3RP / RP experience:
    • Starting in 2014, LemonPunch WW3RP until it's shutdown
    • Nebulous WW3RP all the way to the 1983 version, until it's shutdown
    • 4,900 hours on GMod, mostly on roleplay
    How familiar are you with the Soviet Union (ideology, history etc.)?:
    I can't tell you specific things like dates by memory, but I have had a look at the Roleplay Documents section in the forums which removed a lot of doubts from my mind, as well as previously investigated the Soviet Union and some major events before.
    I'm aware of all of the basic information I need to deliver a believable character.

Are you aware of the new concept? What are some of the differences between this iteration of WW3RP and the old one?:
    I like the new paint on WW3RP. I think it's a fresh take, and a welcome one, that the focus shifts from combat to developing a convincing character and interacting with others. That's what I always thought was the most important thing to do here. The fact that there is only the Soviets as a major faction as opposed to the classic blue vs. red will definitely give some interesting situations.

What do you think this faction will be doing on the server?:
    Acting as an extra layer of security for the area, interacting with the other factions and keeping tabs on the civilians, as well as being prepared for any sort of hidden threat...

[​IMG]

- IC Section -
    [​IMG]

Chapter 0
    [​IMG]
    The door shuts with a heavy metallic noise, hitting his ears from behind, before being attacked by the flashing of a blinding ceiling light, eating up part of the shadows of the space. When Lebedev's eyes adjusted to his surroundings, he recognized the smoke from the Sergeant's cigar immediately. A heavy exhale of smoke preceded the first words spoken;

''You fucked up, Dima.''
    A deep, Russian voice came from the Sergeant, still partially hidden in the shadows. His visage, dominated by a dissapointed frown, a uniform full of residue from what was probably not his first or last smoke that day, his eyes lost looking God knows where.

-''Chernyshevsky,'' Lebedev expected to talk to someone, but definitely not his friend from the Afghanistan days. He was a sight for sore eyes, he was almost even happy. ''Why am I here? What will happen to me?''

-''Tsk, tsk.'' Chernyshevsky raises his hand, pointing his finger at a chair on the opposite side of the table, ''Sit down, boy.''

The soldier shifted his gaze behind him, and to the corners of the room, for just a moment. He wouldn't be able to get away from this one, for sure. Crunching glass coming from under his boots, heart pounding with uncertainty, he sat down, holding his forehead with one hand. The stench of the Sergeant's cigar invaded his nostrils.

-''Listen,'' Leaning in, Chernyshevsky pauses to take another drag, puffing out smoke into the air. He nods his head to the right. ''The officials in the other room are ready to send your ass to the mountains. It's what would happen ordinarily, but these are... extraordinary times. We have to settle this right here and now.''

''What the hell is there to settle!?'' Anger momentarily takes over Lebedev. He clenches his fist,raising his tone,'' I've already said how things were, they're the ones choosing not to believe me-''

A loud slam sound interrupts him, throwing him off. Chernyshevsky lifts his palm from the table, ''Don't you raise your voice at me!... As far as the Engineers are concerned, your actions, and only yours, got your entire BMP crew killed! Do you know what that looks like? Six people at your hands? It's not that anyone here hates you, Lev, it can't go unpunished.''

An upset Lebedev further raises his voice, ''They were my friends! Do you think I would do some shit like that to them? To us? There was nothing I could do, that doesn't mean I caused it. I could've died there too, you know.'' The room falls into a short silence, as Chernyshevsky drags from his cigar, speaking in his usual tone once again,

''Ugh... Listen, listen to me. I don't think you've realised, but I'm here to help you, you understand that? The problem is, you're fucked. Everything is pointing towards you as the culprit,'' ''Even if I know that you weren't responsible, it doesn't matter, this is how it works. There is only one thing that I can offer to you.''

The momentary sliding of a metal drawer shifts Lebedev's attention, looking at Chernyshevsky, who takes out a folder from it and places it on the table, opening it up and quickly flicking it upside down for the Soldier to see, ''It's.. it's a clean start. I've been allowed to let you make this decision. You will be transferred elsewhere, as a fresh Soldier. You will serve there without causing trouble for long enough, and this incident will be put aside. Before you ask, no, I don't know how long.'' ''I'll be honest with you though: You can consider yourself the luckiest man on Earth.'

''Reserve?'' ''That's what they think of me?'' Lebedev couldn't believe his eyes. A transfer document, just like the one he got when he was moving to Afghan.. to the reserves. ''I'm some reserve dog, after all the service I've done?''

''You might be angry right now, but you really need to think it through: It's the best you're going to get.'' With a click, the Sergeant sets down a pen on the table. ''Sign. I know for a fact you don't want to be detained. As long as you don't cause trouble, you will be back on track.''

''...Yeah, okay.'

[​IMG]
    ''The reserves aren't so bad, Dima. I'm going to request that they put you with the Engineers, that way you can put your previous experience to use... Just don't make the same mistake twice, please.''
    ''That is everything, my friend. They are waiting outside. I wish you the best of luck.''
    ''Oh, and, Dima... The transfer request hasn't been formally accepted yet, so... put on your best smile for now.''

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Rod

Rod remove bias

Nebulae:
    Gonna give this a bump, it's been about two weeks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. char

char The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
    WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Accepted for Soldier as Rifleman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice