Suggestion Discontinue Base attack mechanics/ base health/ base perks

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Suggestion:
Start to ease off of using these mechanics in the current/ future maps, (primarily related to resistance as I'm more familiar with that part)
- 'Structural integrity' (base health)
- Premade base perks (health chargers, vendors, ect)
- Mechanics and rules that encourage base attacks as a frequent occurrence

Why it would be worth adding:
This'll be relatively short and somewhat rambled

I've become really fatigued by server mechanics pushing for regular S2K events, I have no interest in needing to run base defences for OOC structured base HP, locations and perks, attacks in older maps were IC motivated for aspects like rescues, retaliations or narrative events to shake up a map and move the population around, but I just get so inherently demotivated looking at the base integrity listings on the rebel discord (does it even exist on the forums?), and logging on on attack days to have little happen aside from having one faction charge one specific location, burn/ bomb it and run off again.

I was really hoping it'd not be a regular feature of the server after c24, felt like it fit well there but I was not keen to continue doing it.
It bores me, it burns me out before I even RP on some days it happens, I don't find it narratively interesting, and I feel obligated to show up for them.

In regards to base health specifically, if you plan to move the rebel base population elsewhere later on, I'd rather it just be an event, it'll feel far less annoying (and much needed given the distance between the rebel and combine bases. that's more so a map problem however.)

Reactions: List