Discord, if we have one that is...

Deleted member 2982

A Depressed Little Boy
Nebulae
So, i was wondering if Nebulous had made a Discord server. If so, mind passing me an invite code?

Deleted member 2982

A Depressed Little Boy
Nebulae
I'm not talking about TS... I'm talking about Discord. I'm saying if this community OWNS a discord server instead of TeamSpeak.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
But everyone uses the outdated and not free ts for some reason...

It's not outdated, although it's way more complex to manage.

It's free, what isn't free is a server to host it.

The reason is it's way more stable than Discord, easier to manage for big communities, and the sound quality and so on is way better.

Discord is a better solution for smaller groups of people, managing a Discord of 1k+ people is a complete pain in the ass.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
wait, 1000 people play nebulous you are saying?

Not necessarily, but the forums has 5000+ people

Discord is not something you join and then leave like TeamSpeak, usually people join and stay. it wouldn't be surprising to reach 1000 members in the Discord, which is a real pain in the ass.

Also it wouldn't be surprising if 1000 different accounts played the server, considering not the same 100 people join the server. There's more than 100, just different timezones, hours played, and so on. Think about it this way, it's actually a rare thing when the server is empty, and nobody plays 24 hours a day so there must be people to cover different hours. Now considering on high pop hours when everyone was happy with the map and shit it could reach 100 players for several hours each day, thinking 1000 different people play the server is not really far fetched.