Serious Discussion: Game of Thrones RP

Nebulae

mCxD2Mweyox1lDYsXnbeZG24fn3nB4_vvVDL7Lsm2eGCoKhaH2aph3A6c5ylJm7IytVFQmo1JwH5rhg8AgNUyf9YPBUWQvyHqz9bpyTs92hliuKv674CXvFlbibpYhbaAJfYctk9Wf4e2hsnQQTiOa3HwNBRk4w

(Making this because we're cranking out a lot of suggestions, so I thought I'd try my hand at something original.)

The Premise

The year is 298 AC,

In a land called 'Westeros', several Kingdoms stand, in a period of peace, having just exited a war to secure King Robert's reign and such.

The tale begins, as the gates in Winterfell rise to welcome in Robert Baratheon, as he seeks out his friend, Eddard Stark, to become his 'hand of the king'.

And slowly but surely, with this single visit, several underlying groups and people, vying for power, slowly begin to unveil themselves.

A land destined for another war.

A war for the Iron Throne.

The Server

Likely only around fifty slots or more, seeing as it would be a new server, it's not likely to immediately pull in numbers, so a small group would suffice in pushing forward the narrative and developments in our IC universe, which can manipulate and change the original story of GoT.

In-game Features

Medieval Weapons
Like Swords, Axes, Spears and Shields. Likely Magic, with proper authorization. All of those fantasy/medieval Weapons of history. Likely hard to obtain, needing to go through a Blacksmith, Armory or under-the-table purchase of a small weapon.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1480669490

Medieval Armor (And Playermodels/Models)
To go as a pair to Medieval Weaponry, Armor comes with it.

Players being able to start with poor rags or something along those lines, to working up to get chest-plates and such, becoming Knights or Mercenaries.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2204800637&searchtext=

Magic
As seen rather rarely in the show and such - Magic would likely be heavily restricted to certain people, as it is an OP ability, and should be done rarely or require a ton of IC development to have a person capable of performing the arts.

These Magics being things like;

The ability to create abilities for weaponry, such as dragon glass.

The ability to start and erupt fires in large amounts with sacrifices enough.

All that.

NPCs
Likely done with a automatic spawner and timer, the only real NPCs to be seen are likely NPC citizens and such to simulate the thought of large quantities of people or actors during events and such.

Or, the following, Animal NPCs.

Likely to be used to give players another profession and past-time during the server, that being hunting or capturing animals.

Having spawners and timers about the map for these animals, which can prove to make for some decent encounters when traversing the landscape of GoT.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=522764555

'Historical' Player-Characters
Players, if trusted enough, can serve the purpose as an Actor/Player for one of the key Characters from GoT if they fit the setting or event to be played out.

From Eddard Stark, to Cersei, to even a travelling Bran.

These Characters would help give players the feeling of being able to interact with the show's characters and also give them a clear chance and influencing the lore to come and story of Westeros.

Map(s)
I see it as unnecessary to consistently switch Maps for no other reason then "This one is boring."

I believe there should a single, or only a few maps switched between, and their used for a long period of time, and as the outside Lore/Story/Narrative evolves and goes on, the Map develops with it.

It can even develop with player action.

The city beginning with some pre-applied house and store owners, and it can either fall into decay due to the unfortunate residents. Or it can thrive.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=586045617&searchtext=rp_camelot
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=750487805

Mindset(s)
Mindsets during the duration of the server should evolve and change over the time;

Heavily based on how the narrative/story is driven, and actions of the players:

• Players
    • Should begin with a neutral outlook, and slowly begin forming political views and relations, choosing where their loyalty/fealty lies, and either getting aggressive, more pacifistic or something else as the story progresses and their exposed to new information and events.
    • Should be heavily focused on Roleplaying a Character who can get in and help sway the story of the world, or at least help. At the very least, they can die trying. As, they shouldn't expect to live long in Westeros.
  • Staff
    • Should aid in helping players understand lore, and, whenever online, should help via making events or short stories to aid player's experience and help them develop a sense of immersion in the ever-pushing forward plot of GoT.
    • Shouldn't be any lighter or tighter on authorizations and such, but, should encourage creative RP, and, if someone portrays themselves as trustworthy and capable of RP, they should accept their applications for skills and such so they can aid in helping build up the city and world.

Story Continuation

The story should begin in the short time of peace experienced in the prologue of the show, so characters can freely develop characters and build up for oncoming events so they are ready to get in with the story. I heavily suggest beginning in a castle of the Riverlands, loyal to the Tully.

After a few weeks, introduce many of the major events, and expose them to players through couriers and such, so players develop political stances and views on the outside world and story.

Begin introducing bigger events and such, from scuffles with other citizens, to possible short sieges and such.

Begin exposing more loot and opportunities at RP and begin rapidly evolving the story and progressing it the way the show went, but with tweaks and changes based on Character's actions and involvements.

Coding Requirements

• Adding Medieval Armor/Clothes and Weapons Scripts (As well as Book Scripts, likely acting as Magic stuff.)
  • Adding and Editing the Map to make it fit better for the server.
  • Adding Animal and Human NPCs, spawners, and timers.
  • Adding Magic Scripts and such to show it off in-gamer (Or simply doing it only IC with Staff aid.)
  • Loot System, for drops from Animals and Humans, and random spawns of essentials.
  • Base Gamemode stuff;
    • Adding custom introduction where players can do a 'Mount and Blade; Warband' type start and choose several options to arrange starting gear.
  • Prop Damage, for doors and gates during sieges.
    • Adding onto this, maybe even Siege equipment, if in the mood, not needed though, just do a prop-build.

Staff Requirements

• Staff aiding players push along, and performing regular small events or short stories for players to develop and gain from for further char' dev'.
  • Decent Staff to either oversee or play 'Historical' characters and give players the chance to influence the story.
  • Server Director willing to be pretty hands-on for the beginning and end, helping push forward a lot and bringing plenty of things to the table.

Thoughts?

(Took Heavy Inspiration from @Rictalspace and @Powley Posts)

402823.png

(Also, if not this, heavily suggest https://nebulous.cloud/threads/suggestion-introduce-a-new-server.53109/ as it gave me most my inspiration to suggest a Medieval/Fantasy server. Plus, I feel as if English RP in the GoT's fiction lore would be easier then us trying to play Japanese people, so, this should be much better/easier to be done.

I just really want a Medieval server since most others are DarkRP-like, and the serious ones aren't done right.

And if not GoT, could try the One-Hundred Years War, all you'd need his French and English Lang' flags.)

[doublepost=1611028735][/doublepost]

mCxD2Mweyox1lDYsXnbeZG24fn3nB4_vvVDL7Lsm2eGCoKhaH2aph3A6c5ylJm7IytVFQmo1JwH5rhg8AgNUyf9YPBUWQvyHqz9bpyTs92hliuKv674CXvFlbibpYhbaAJfYctk9Wf4e2hsnQQTiOa3HwNBRk4w

(Making this because we're cranking out a lot of suggestions, so I thought I'd try my hand at something original.)

The Premise

The year is 298 AC,

In a land called 'Westeros', several Kingdoms stand, in a period of peace, having just exited a war to secure King Robert's reign and such.

The tale begins, as the gates in Winterfell rise to welcome in Robert Baratheon, as he seeks out his friend, Eddard Stark, to become his 'hand of the king'.

And slowly but surely, with this single visit, several underlying groups and people, vying for power, slowly begin to unveil themselves.

A land destined for another war.

A war for the Iron Throne.

The Server

Likely only around fifty slots or more, seeing as it would be a new server, it's not likely to immediately pull in numbers, so a small group would suffice in pushing forward the narrative and developments in our IC universe, which can manipulate and change the original story of GoT.

In-game Features

Medieval Weapons
Like Swords, Axes, Spears and Shields. Likely Magic, with proper authorization. All of those fantasy/medieval Weapons of history. Likely hard to obtain, needing to go through a Blacksmith, Armory or under-the-table purchase of a small weapon.

Medieval Armor (And Playermodels/Models)
To go as a pair to Medieval Weaponry, Armor comes with it.

Players being able to start with poor rags or something along those lines, to working up to get chest-plates and such, becoming Knights or Mercenaries.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2204800637&searchtext=

Magic
As seen rather rarely in the show and such - Magic would likely be heavily restricted to certain people, as it is an OP ability, and should be done rarely or require a ton of IC development to have a person capable of performing the arts.

These Magics being things like;

The ability to create abilities for weaponry, such as dragon glass.

The ability to start and erupt fires in large amounts with sacrifices enough.

All that.

NPCs
Likely done with a automatic spawner and timer, the only real NPCs to be seen are likely NPC citizens and such to simulate the thought of large quantities of people or actors during events and such.

Or, the following, Animal NPCs.

Likely to be used to give players another profession and past-time during the server, that being hunting or capturing animals.

Having spawners and timers about the map for these animals, which can prove to make for some decent encounters when traversing the landscape of GoT.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=522764555

'Historical' Player-Characters
Players, if trusted enough, can serve the purpose as an Actor/Player for one of the key Characters from GoT if they fit the setting or event to be played out.

From Eddard Stark, to Cersei, to even a travelling Bran.

These Characters would help give players the feeling of being able to interact with the show's characters and also give them a clear chance and influencing the lore to come and story of Westeros.

Map(s)
I see it as unnecessary to consistently switch Maps for no other reason then "This one is boring."

I believe there should a single, or only a few maps switched between, and their used for a long period of time, and as the outside Lore/Story/Narrative evolves and goes on, the Map develops with it.

It can even develop with player action.

The city beginning with some pre-applied house and store owners, and it can either fall into decay due to the unfortunate residents. Or it can thrive.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=586045617&searchtext=rp_camelot
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=750487805

Mindset(s)
Mindsets during the duration of the server should evolve and change over the time;

Heavily based on how the narrative/story is driven, and actions of the players:

• Players
    • Should begin with a neutral outlook, and slowly begin forming political views and relations, choosing where their loyalty/fealty lies, and either getting aggressive, more pacifistic or something else as the story progresses and their exposed to new information and events.
    • Should be heavily focused on Roleplaying a Character who can get in and help sway the story of the world, or at least help. At the very least, they can die trying. As, they shouldn't expect to live long in Westeros.
  • Staff
    • Should aid in helping players understand lore, and, whenever online, should help via making events or short stories to aid player's experience and help them develop a sense of immersion in the ever-pushing forward plot of GoT.
    • Shouldn't be any lighter or tighter on authorizations and such, but, should encourage creative RP, and, if someone portrays themselves as trustworthy and capable of RP, they should accept their applications for skills and such so they can aid in helping build up the city and world.

Story Continuation

The story should begin in the short time of peace experienced in the prologue of the show, so characters can freely develop characters and build up for oncoming events so they are ready to get in with the story. I heavily suggest beginning in a castle of the Riverlands, loyal to the Tully.

After a few weeks, introduce many of the major events, and expose them to players through couriers and such, so players develop political stances and views on the outside world and story.

Begin introducing bigger events and such, from scuffles with other citizens, to possible short sieges and such.

Begin exposing more loot and opportunities at RP and begin rapidly evolving the story and progressing it the way the show went, but with tweaks and changes based on Character's actions and involvements.

Coding Requirements

• Adding Medieval Armor/Clothes and Weapons Scripts (As well as Book Scripts, likely acting as Magic stuff.)
  • Adding and Editing the Map to make it fit better for the server.
  • Adding Animal and Human NPCs, spawners, and timers.
  • Adding Magic Scripts and such to show it off in-gamer (Or simply doing it only IC with Staff aid.)
  • Loot System, for drops from Animals and Humans, and random spawns of essentials.
  • Base Gamemode stuff;
    • Adding custom introduction where players can do a 'Mount and Blade; Warband' type start and choose several options to arrange starting gear.
  • Prop Damage, for doors and gates during sieges.
    • Adding onto this, maybe even Siege equipment, if in the mood, not needed though, just do a prop-build.

Staff Requirements

• Staff aiding players push along, and performing regular small events or short stories for players to develop and gain from for further char' dev'.
  • Decent Staff to either oversee or play 'Historical' characters and give players the chance to influence the story.
  • Server Director willing to be pretty hands-on for the beginning and end, helping push forward a lot and bringing plenty of things to the table.

Thoughts?

(Took Heavy Inspiration from @Rictalspace and @Powley Posts)

402823.png

(Also, if not this, heavily suggest https://nebulous.cloud/threads/suggestion-introduce-a-new-server.53109/ as it gave me most my inspiration to suggest a Medieval/Fantasy server. Plus, I feel as if English RP in the GoT's fiction lore would be easier then us trying to play Japanese people, so, this should be much better/easier to be done.

I just really want a Medieval server since most others are DarkRP-like, and the serious ones aren't done right.

And if not GoT, could try the One-Hundred Years War, all you'd need his French and English Lang' flags.)

I did it, gamer, @Jacksquare

Reactions: List