Serious Discussion: Random Roleplay.

Nebulae
Random Roleplay.

Following @Rictalspace 's post I wanted to discuss a new topic that's concept totally isn't stolen from TnB.

It's just a discussion, no hate, keep the replies civilised please x

The premise.

Over the course of an annum, the staff and/or event squad merges and forges two or three certain stories or narratives that spur over the period of three or four weeks. The narrative uses suggested (voted?) roleplays(eg. The Walking Dead) that would otherwise be unviable in larger spells as a foundation for the server; the fun stimulating mostly from player creativity and an engaging storyline as the server will be set in a certain direction from the get-go.

The server would be limited in slots and likely be on an apply-and-come basis. When the playercount begins to drop off on HL2RP, it will essentially act as a fun holiday and revitalise interest at the end.

Plus, there'll be no obligation at all to follow through with the server, so if it's shit, we can cancel it.

Opinions?

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
this reminds me of a certain mountainous region

i feel like this would be incredibly taxing on the people making it
believe me, it is more work than it sounds, essentially having to run a multi-day server that is a self-contained story, so everything has to be consistent and has to wrap up well

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
this reminds me of a certain mountainous region

believe me, it is more work than it sounds, essentially having to run a multi-day server that is a self-contained story, so everything has to be consistent and has to wrap up well
Just running one event for a few people for a few hours can be enough to make one want to pull their hair out

I'm getting flashbacks to one particular closed event that lasted for fucking 5+ hours and by the end I felt like I'd been hit by a truck.

And it wasn't even my event

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
I'm getting flashbacks to one particular closed event that lasted for fucking 5+ hours and by the end I felt like I'd been hit by a truck.

And it wasn't even my event

was this one of mine or someone else's?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
was this one of mine or someone else's?
It wasn't, I actually enjoy helping out with your events and I can't name a single time I got pissed off by any of them

I believe it was called 'Interlopers' wasn't the space one though, it was ran by @zoid and someone else I think

It revolved around some facility or something, @Baker 's char died in it or smth.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
It wasn't, I actually enjoy helping out with your events and I can't name a single time I got pissed off by any of them

I believe it was called 'Interlopers' wasn't the space one though, it was ran by @zoid and someone else I think

It revolved around some facility or something, @Baker 's char died in it or smth.
yeah i heard all about that one

not good

was nothing compared to our interlopers event on the ISS hahaha

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae

imagine killing off a character you had since the very beginning of neb so you can go to a college party

basically got told that if i left the event to go to the party id be pked, so i thought fuck it

sots

community bear
Nebulae

zoid interlopers AKA the 14 hour roleplay marathon special

holy fuck that was a long event