1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious Do u know ur vehicles fam

Discussion in 'Engineering Detachment' started by Strixz, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Strixz

Strixz The real OG
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    HELLO LADIES HERE ARE VEHICLES

This right here is the M2 Bradley, NATO's standard IFV. I've been reading some roleplay examples and have noticed a distinct lack of knowledge of our beautiful vehicle here. The first problem is, the armour plates, now, the armoured plates for the M2 Bradley are welded on. Yes ladies, you heard it! Welded. This means you can use a fuckin screwdriver to remove them and must undergo the standard method of removing welded armour plates, which I will explain to your sexy asses now.

So, to start, you must inspect the plate for damage, and asess the level of damage done to the plate, if you come to the conclusion the armour plate is heavily damaged and needs to be replaced you should start by; taking a grinder (no not the app) out of the toolbox and grinding the welds of the armour plates down until the connection is broken, do this at all points of contact on the plate and it should simply come off, you then simply MIG weld the second armoured plate into place where the original was.

Secondly, here is an M60 Patton tank, the standard tank we use here in NATO. As you can see, the armour plates on this tank are riveted on, rather than welded. And guess what you don't do with rivets? You guessed it, use a screwdriver. If your armour plate(s) is damaged, you must remove the rivets holding it in place first. To do this you must take out your good old angle grinder and repeat basically the same process as the welded plates. Just grind the cap of the rivet off as far as you can, and tap the remaining section through, which will, in turn, loosen the plate to be removed. To reapply an armour plate to a tank using rivets, put the plate into place, slide your long hard rod into the hole and smash the end of it to hell until its in place.

more shit when i can be arsed

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  2. papacopper

papacopper Nucleus

Nebulae:
    I know that they have tracks

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  3. Strixz

Strixz The real OG
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Oh shit i was about to start a paragraph about replacing the wheels

• Zing Zing x 2
  4. Shadok

Shadok Proton

Nebulae:
    Wheerrrre iz ze T-72 et soviat tanku? Wherre iz mein C1 Ariete waiting?

5. Dingo

Dingo Sangheili Bias

Nebulae:
    >makes post about vehicles
    >posts post-2000's versions with ERA kits

wew lad

• nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Strixz

Strixz The real OG
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    If you really want i can go get pictures of pre-2000's vehicles, the topics covered in this are still exactly the same concept.

7. Dingo

Dingo Sangheili Bias

Nebulae:
    I mean the "armour plates" you're referring to (I assume) are explosive reactive armour kits that weren't standard issue on American (or NATO in general) vehicles until OIF (2003)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Shadok

Shadok Proton

Nebulae:
    Oh shit Tank professionals rolling up

9. Dingo

Dingo Sangheili Bias

Nebulae:
    u see when someone gets something very minor wrong about tanks in a ten year old roleplaying game i get very upset :(((((

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  10. Shadok

Shadok Proton

Nebulae:
    Idk if that's ironic or not, but personally I get pissed off when someone points out something in one of my guides is wrong. Then I fix it because I don't want my guide to be wrong. Not that I hate that person, but for some reason it naturally pisses me off.

If it's something that I wasn't sure about, i dont care and fix it, but if I Google'd the stuff and put effort into it, I want to strangle the guy that pointed out I was wrong.

#10 Shadok, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  11. Dingo

Dingo Sangheili Bias

Nebulae:
    I mean nobody likes getting called out, understandable

just take solace in the fact I'm a dumb nerd who spends all his free time on cold war era wargames

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  12. Shadok

Shadok Proton

Nebulae:
  13. Twippydoge

Twippydoge Needs More Mercy

Nebulae:
    If only we actually had these

14. Strixz

Strixz The real OG
    Premium Member

Nebulae: