Does anyone remember "The drowning"?

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
TTp7UJA.jpg

Now, for those who do not know what im talking about, "The drowning" WAS (because from what ive heard, any way of downloading this game is non-existent) a game for iOS, that was developed back 2013 by "Scattered Entertainment", which are a property of "DeNA", was a game which aimed for having a "new revolutionary way to play fps games on mobile devices".

The game was designed by Ben Cousins (from what ive heard, he was some guy who developed Battlefield), and from the footage ive seen about the game, its looks extremely well for a 2013 product, the visuals are amazing. Together with that is of course the new control skeem, which i cannot explain pretty well, so heres just the wiki link

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Drowning_(video_game)

But my goal here is to talk about what happened to this game. From what ive read, supposedly the game was going to have an android port (which didnt happen), together with that the reviews for the game werent too high, in terms of gameplay, and one day the game just dissapeard. If you look for it online, all you will see are journals about the games realise, and nothing more. There were no news about the game being removed. And that is my main question, why did no one pointed that out? The game looked and probably played very well, why have it removed and take with it any trace about it? What do you guys think?

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
Wikipedia page quotes:
Although the graphics were generally praised by critics, the game received mixed to negative reviews, with much criticism aimed at the in-app purchase system and repetitive gameplay.

According to this page the game most likely got pulled off during August 2015.

There's plenty of reasons why the game could have been removed from the iOS Store, but it's clear that it was considered pretty shitty by most people.

Reactions: List