Doki Doki Literature Club stream I did with Warwick and Megafreak.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Me and my mate played it last weekend, me knowing kinda what it was about though not having experienced it myself, and him oblivious to what it was other than me telling him that the Psychological Horror tag on Steam was a meme

Was a good laugh but at the same time I was surprised how well made it actually was, and I say that as someone who has never touched an anime, manga or visual novel in my life.
10/10 would recommend

Reactions: List

21ml

Gillette, the best a man can get
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Was a good laugh but at the same time I was surprised how well made it actually was, and I say that as someone who has never touched an anime, manga or visual novel in my life.
10/10 would recommend
100% this for me

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
tbh. If you didn't go the Natsuki route, what are you doing lad.

V7YdAkf.png

21ml

Gillette, the best a man can get
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Nothing is better than Natsuki.
natsukitar.png

God it feels fucking gay typing this out.

Shadow Flex

Nucleus
Nebulae
I played it based on the recommendation of our great turkish overlord @Berke.

As a person who does play visual novels from time to time and someone who adores horror games, I found Doki extremely boring. Yes, it does provoke a lot of thought into your decisions and it's not like it didn't affect me emotionally, but there's this one scene that gets repeated several times, over and over again. It was boring in the first place and nearly made me drop the game before I even got to the first plot point.

The game mechanic with the whole prose writing felt very abstract and unnecessary, while the word choice you had didn't really make a coherent story. If they had to implement a mechanic that lets out choose a girl other than the way 99% of visual novels do (through dialogue) they could've done anything else and it would've been better. Coupled with the fact that the dialogue itself is nothing special or witty and the fact that your choices don't really affect the story that much (afaik) provides for a wasted opportunity for me.