Don't Stay in School

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
What are your opinions on this video?
I genuinely want to know what this community thinks about this point, it's been pretty controversial topic both recently and when it was uploaded.

Right after I posted it in fuckin' listening thread...

Either way, has some valid points, although his ideas aren't workable with children.

Reactions: List

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I learned mortgages, finances, investing, politics, how to vote, how to get a job, how to do my taxes all because I took classes that touch those things. The information is there and there's no excuse not knowing how to do any of these things when we're I the technology age anyways.

Basically it's just an other excuse for a social reject to explain his failure in life.

Loser probably didn't get a job because his hair is red and black and long. Who the fuck would want to hire a guy like that?

Weeknder

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
What are your opinions on this video?
I genuinely want to know what this community thinks about this point, it's been pretty controversial topic both recently and when it was uploaded.

It made me cringe

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
this guy's a fucking reject as poopship said

it doesn't take a genius to get a job but look at his hair youre not getting a job with that

school isn't here to teach you how to do your adult life, that's up to you. school is here to give you culture and to make sure you know how to read write & count

idk about the uk but i was taught the laws of my country aswell as human rights, aswell as politics

this guy is just a fucking manchild

Mirukihoshi

internet therapist
Nebulae
I don't go to public school- and I can honestly say I've learned a hell of a lot more by homeschooling than being in school. I get that not everyone can do what I'm doing- but America's school system is really shitty. He's not saying to completely drop school, he's saying the system needs to be better. Or at least, that's how I took it.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I don't go to public school- and I can honestly say I've learned a hell of a lot more by homeschooling than being in school. I get that not everyone can do what I'm doing- but America's school system is really shitty. He's not saying to completely drop school, he's saying the system needs to be better. Or at least, that's how I took it.

Common core won't help it k-12. Colleges and universities in both US and Canada are cesspits for insanity, stupidity and pretentiousness, but it's the bullshit you've gotta' go through to get a solid job.

Anyone who puts their mind to it can definitely go on to being a productive human being if their raised right and put their mind to it and pick courses for self-gain, and not just to graduate.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
Common core won't help it k-12. Colleges and universities in both US and Canada are cesspits for insanity, stupidity and pretentiousness, but it's the bullshit you've gotta' go through to get a solid job.

Anyone who puts their mind to it can definitely go on to being a productive human being if their raised right and put their mind to it and pick courses for self-gain, and not just to graduate.

but my professor said my gender studies degree would give me a job right out of college !!???

Mirukihoshi

internet therapist
Nebulae

You put it perfectly, honestly. Like, I'm already thinking about what shit I wanna take in college and shit, since I'm homeschooled- thinking about that shit takes a good amount of my time.

Silly Pillow

Electron
Nebulae
Pretty much all these problems don't exist in swedish schools 'cause we learn useless shit and how to pay the taxes and such afaik :^)

But other than that he's right

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
School is supposed to introduce you to different topics and help you find out what your strengths are so you can see what you want to do in future life, not how to operate in society. That's your parents' job.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
School is supposed to introduce you to different topics and help you find out what your strengths are so you can see what you want to do in future life, not how to operate in society. That's your parents' job.
BUT CHICKEN??!?!?
WHAT IF UR PERUNTS DONT KNU??

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
BUT CHICKEN??!?!?
WHAT IF UR PERUNTS DONT KNU??
Then I am surprised that I live in a house with Internet and insurance, and how both my parents have a job.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Then I am surprised that I live in a house with Internet and insurance, and how both my parents have a job.
no i mean, what if you're a person with parents that do not know how to operate in society? Or you don't have parents at all?