Doom 2016

Kaine

Quark
Nebulae
Here in the UK the revamped doom comes out in 2 weeks, 13th may. Thoughts?

Personally I think it looks rad. shooting mechanics look meaty. The level design looks fluid and non-linear with the exception for the first few levels where you blast your way out of the UAC labs but that was apart of the original doom anyways and it still worked out.
A lotta people have been complaining about the gameplay being slowed down with the optional execution 'glory kill' system but the thing with doom is that it was never quake. You have a lot of freedom in the first three dooms to play how you want to. If you wanna stay back and snipe people from a distance with your shotgun go ahead. If you wanna be a tactic00l marine and go slow and check every corner and crevice go ahead. If you wanna run to the exit room with nothing but your bare hands go right ahead.
There's gonna be a fair bit of content it seems too, with snap-map and multiplayer, collectibles n shit. There's also the levels from the first episode of doom stuffed into the single-player levels too. Like wolfenstein the new order you can play the original if you know where to look.

Shadow Flex

Nucleus
Nebulae
Played the beta.

They fucked up the multiplayer just so they can cater to console players. All of the mechanics are toned down from what they could be. Its a disappointment for old players and definitely not the arena it could have been.

The new Unreal Tournament is free and is already better mechanics wise.

Reactions: List

Spider

Proton
Nebulae
First picture, ultra settings, everything maxed out, 72 FPS, with cinematic rendering.

Gore is awesome, game is brilliant.
NthzK25.jpg

Took screenshot with steam so it might not look all that good

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
hng

looks a bit grainy though

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
that film grain

Haven't played, but I heard it gets stale fast.

Last edited:

Kaine

Quark
Nebulae
that film grain

Haven't played, but I heard it gets stale fast.
You get used to things pretty quick yeah, but it delivered on pretty much everything and most importantly it is a doom game if there ever was one.
It's more of what we had before only there's a few new toys, updated graphics and more content, i spent two hours tryna grab every secret in the second level alone yesterday and it was satisfying as fuck when it hit the end level screen and i hit every mark.
It's as doom as a modern doom can be.

external

Nucleus
Nebulae
never once played a DOOM game

i'll pick it up once i get money