Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Obv Spoilers)

Matty

Proton
Nebulae
Didn't see a thread here so I thought I'd pop it in, figured some of us have already watched the movie.

Praying to God I'm not the only person that didn't like the film in this entire community.
Shit was very disappointing, started strong and then just got weaker as it went on.
Pacing was out of whack and they tried fitting in so much story in a 2 hour time frame that was just too small for the movie.

Also they killed my hot mama Captain Carter so it's a 0/10 from me.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
not a huge fan of marvel movies so it was kinda eh for me too

didnt watch the wanda series either and dont know shit about anything else so i was a bit lost, marvel films are kinda forgettable too so i couldnt even recall much of the things that got referenced lmao (literally didnt remember who his love interest was and i watched dr strange 1 when it came out)

i liked the trippy sequences in dr strange 1 just cause the effects were pretty impressive from a technical standpoint and it was the main reason i was watching it but it happened like once for 10 seconds, i liked the scene where they went through the multiverses with all the different styles too but that was about it. the alt universe fight scene was also cool

liked america and strange didnt care much about anyone else, although kinda disappointed how it all wrapped up

people clapped the entire time and that was weird cause it wasnt a thing that happened here (at least until very recently), there were two kids that yelled nonstop with unfunny jokes or just pointed out what was happening which was annoying too but whatever theyre kids. i had multiple urges to toss a bottle at them but prevailed in the end

watched it with friends, if i was alone i wouldnt really bother watching it at all, gotta admit i checked my phone a few times to see how much of it was left

overall it wasnt bad though

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Matty

Proton
Nebulae
not a huge fan of marvel movies so it was kinda eh for me too

didnt watch the wanda series either and dont know shit about anything else so i was a bit lost, marvel films are kinda forgettable too so i couldnt even recall much of the things that got referenced lmao (literally didnt remember who his love interest was and i watched dr strange 1 when it came out)

i liked the trippy sequences in dr strange 1 just cause the effects were pretty impressive from a technical standpoint and it was the main reason i was watching it but it happened like once for 10 seconds, i liked the scene where they went through the multiverses with all the different styles too but that was about it. the alt universe fight scene was also cool

liked america and strange didnt care much about anyone else, although kinda disappointed how it all wrapped up

people clapped the entire time and that was weird cause it wasnt a thing that happened here (at least until very recently), there were two kids that yelled nonstop with unfunny jokes or just pointed out what was happening which was annoying too but whatever theyre kids. i had multiple urges to toss a bottle at them but prevailed in the end

watched it with friends, if i was alone i wouldnt really bother watching it at all, gotta admit i checked my phone a few times to see how much of it was left

overall it wasnt bad though

The ending was just outright bad in my opinion.
I hated the pseudo-redemption arc that Wanda has at the end where she realizes she's actually evil and then "kills" herself.
This is the exact same woman we've followed throughout the movie be so obsessed with the idea of having her own children that she's willing to murder one Child, kill a huge portion of the Sorcerer's, and then wipe out 838's Avengers variant all in the same movie.
"At least they'll have someone left to take care of them" is what I think word for word what she says to Mr Fantastic just before she turns him into literal ribbons.

In my honest opinion, despite how powerful she's meant to be, they should've killed her.
She was so far gone that I feel like it would've been far more natural for her to say "You turned them against me." and just go right back after America. Sure, on her own she couldn't beat the Scarlet Witch, but if she was fighting her alongside both Dr Strange and Supreme Sorcerer Wong? It's over for her.

The Movies more grim and serious undertones definitely didn't get helped by some of the really tacky disney dialogue or by being held back by a PG-13 rating to keep it as marketable as possible. Between that and the timeframe, it just really held back the movie to me. Didn't let them fully explore everything they wanted to show.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I always just turn my brain off to enjoy marvel movies and try my best to just ignore any issues because cool superheroes. I enjoyed the movie, but it wasn't the greatest. one of my two big issues with it were raimi's cheesy horror feeling so out of place in certain moments, like it worked in some spots but most of the time it was just shoved in there. the other one was actually the lack of information I felt like I had the entire time, I would have liked there to be more to some of the scenes to fill them out and not feel so empty at times.

the post credit was also the worst post credit scene I have ever seen. this power ranger villain lookin dark dimension mage ass just pops up with her big ass knife, it was so goofy. the comics with the chick were pretty cool but god damn that was an awful reveal

there was some other things that I will post just to be picky, because its funny:
  • In Spiderman Far From Home the mysterio fella is making up random shit about how hes from earth #### and this one is 616. The illuminati in this one says "yeah ur from earth 616". so mysterio is either the luckiest man on the planet to accidentally bullshit the truth or they just completely forgot about that line
  • why does everyone else destroys universes if they stay too long and america chavez is just immune to that
  • why does wanda hopping all around trying to find america chavez not cause any incursions, and why does destroying every darkhold in every universe not cause an incursion
  • tony stark has nightmares about what happened in the past movies, and those events weren't from another universe so the dream universe thing is kinda wrong
  • an incursion didnt happen in no way home despite all those homies from other universes comin in, fighting for a while n shit
  • the post credit scene of mordo turning into a villain is something nobody needed to give a fuck about anymore because it turns out the one we see isnt even the same guy
I was by far the most surprised to see black bolt, with the same recasting from the inhumans tv show because that show was the worst tv show I have ever watched, ever. that show was dog ass but he was the best part of it, so im glad he came back for like 10 minutes to have his brain explode
I thought that part where he took over all the dead people and turned them into a cape was pretty cool

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
i liked it
didnt like the ending tho (only bad thing about the movie imo)

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Too much attempted story in a too short amount of time.

Shit redemption arc, they should've done that better or just pushed a 'Too far gone' becoming bad guy and dying as bad guy arc.

Redemption arc would've been better if somehow Wanda could maybe have been saved, attempt to redeem themselves over another movie (or series) and then either die in the end of that movie or as a good-guy sacrifice later.

Redemption arc is fun if the viewer gets to enjoy the redeemed character at least a bit for an episode or movie.

Either way, biggest complaint is that marvel seems to be pushing to kill (metaphorically or literally) a central character every one or two films which wouldnt be as bad if it didnt feel like the story leading to it was sub-par.

If you're debating watching it, I'd consider it an Action-Movie first, with the story being like how most action movies treat it. (Still kinda better but rather set expectations a bit too low than too high)

Last edited:

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i will say that any reference to Incursions is just a lead-in to a Secret Wars arc in which the Ultimate and 616 Universe collide, leading to Miles Morales in the MCU

they're not going to happen until then

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i will say that any reference to Incursions is just a lead-in to a Secret Wars arc in which the Ultimate and 616 Universe collide, leading to Miles Morales in the MCU

they're not going to happen until then
the comics are great, but I dont see any way they'd pull that off without it being a more convoluted infinity war/endgame. this dr strange movie is already pushing my limits for how much multiverse stuff I want to digest in film form

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
as a comic head, some observations
How is Eternals supposed to tie in?
How is the end credits of 7 rings relevant?
Are we going to see God Emperor Doom?
Beyonders maybe?
Incursions sound like an excuse for Marvel to "reset" the MCU, knowing secret wars and all that.
Have you seen the crap mentioned in Moon Knight about the Gods?
What about Kang??

its a lot of plot points/hooks that I feel like are going everywhere.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
as a comic head, some observations
How is Eternals supposed to tie in?
How is the end credits of 7 rings relevant?
Are we going to see God Emperor Doom?
Beyonders maybe?
Incursions sound like an excuse for Marvel to "reset" the MCU, knowing secret wars and all that.
Have you seen the crap mentioned in Moon Knight about the Gods?
What about Kang??

its a lot of plot points/hooks that I feel like are going everywhere.
I don't think many of these are relevant to the movie, but it'll probably all wrap around eventually.

I really want them to do more self-contained stories again, or at least ease up on the millions of references that they're tossing around now between movies. Shang-Chi was so refreshing in that they only had maybe two or three points to other films and saved the connection for the post-credits. I hope Moon Knight stays in it's own little six episode event and the egyptian god stuff doesn't bleed over to the movies because I don't think I can handle that much shit. Eternals, albeit a boring movie imo, I could appreciate it for telling it's own story and not relying on referencing better funny/cool moments from other movies to carry it along. it all makes me wish for the simpler times

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
at this point just introduce sentry god damnit