Dungeons & Dragons: Empire of Dragons

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Empire of Dragons
4f7d2918-8ce2-4033-b30a-045249c099f8-jpeg.140626

In Faerun, a cult had been in the shadows. Dragon worshippers, kobolds, draconic kin and conspiring madmen once sought to summon the great dragon god, Tiamat. When revealed, every faction had put aside their differences, if for a moment, to quell this disturbing plan. Heroes from all across the world banded together, and fought the ancient dragon queen.

They lost.

b2ap3_thumbnail_Tiamat-Dungeons-and-Dragons-Fantasy-art-6664938.jpeg

It has been nearly 100 years since then. No longer do dragons hide reclusively in caves and castles. They are our masters, now. The Dragon Tithe eagerly squeezes the life out of every remaining citizen, and their insatiable greed will surely spell the end of the world, in time. Defeating a newly summoned god was too difficult for the finest heroes of our time. Are we really mad enough to try again, now that they and their kin rule the world?

This is a D&D campaign i've been working on for a little while, and I'm planning on playing it with friends of mine.
If anyone is interested, I can write a campaign diary here.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The Local Area
robert-lazzaretti-mp004-ep2-townofphandalin-rev1.jpg

Phandalin.
An iconic little town, home to the Lost Mines of Phandelver, and the closest town to Wave Echo Cave, and the Forge of Spells. Ever since the forging of the Dragon Empire, the Dragon Tithe has slowly, yet surely squeezed the life out of this town. Poverty is common, and most folks struggle to bring food to the table.

A Red Dragon by the name of Valinorghrtorklax resides within the town, constantly demanding coin and food as a form of tribute. His excuses are many: Protection, tithe, divine obligation, or simply greed. He is Phandalin's tax collector, and no one has challenged him on that. Due to his immense power, no one dares oppose him.
Dragon_Test.png

Save for one man. Gladskin, the town's current appointed governor. An ex-Uthgardt Barbarian, he rose to power after his tribe was burnt down by an overzealous ruler. He consistently resists Valinorghtorklax's demands, and hides coin, food, and excess goods from the dragon, hoping it won't be found. The tensions between these two have been rising for years.
Gladskin.png

Rasse is a newcomer in the town. They seem disinterested in the affairs of dragons and men, and instead focus on their own goals. Currently, it seems to have something to do with the desiccated crypt nearby...
Rasse.png

Each of these characters is a questgiver, and has several quests for the party. They have separate questlines, and some quests will annoy other NPCs, potentially locking the party out from completing other quests.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
mfw dont have a game and am forced to see stuff like this

pain

i asked the players why no one is playing a dragonborn or anything like that and they said it's cringe to play a race that is thematically appropriate to the campaign

"its like playing a dhampir or vampire spawn in Curse of Strahd"

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i asked the players why no one is playing a dragonborn or anything like that and they said it's cringe to play a race that is thematically appropriate to the campaign

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae

people be like:
upgrades-robots.gif

meanwhile I can absolutely feel your pain

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae

they aren't wrong...

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
statting up the core NPCs and im like
"oh god i made one of the quests for this level 1-2 party killing this dude?"

PcneGWD.png

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
Here is my latest Dungeons & Dragons character:

THE LAST CHARLATAN

e82adeb7c7e60ffb151655659af4359c.png

"I am a dwarf, and I am digging a hole.

Diggy diggy hole.

Diggy diggy hole."

~ Dwarven Work Song, circa. 67th Year of King Drakken Stonebeard

(Author Unknown)
In the mists of time, known to the realm of men as the era of legend there lived the proud Hammerite Dwarfs of the Lone Lomer Mountain. A people who wholly rejected magic in favour of tangible materials forged from bronze, gold and iron. These hearty folk spent almost all of their existence in the labyrinth of dwarf-made caverns which ran like pulsating arteries throughout the heart of their mountain home. For thousands of generations, the Hammerite Dwarfs staved off Goblin infestations and incursions from the human lords of the Lomer Lowlands. But, when all of this history was brought low when King Nimbard marched his elven hordes toward the North in a ruthless campaign of expansion. Dwarf iron, powder and shot were brought low by elf dragon-fire, and not even the great technological bounds the Hammerites had made could save them from annexation by the relentless King Nimbard.

Now, this once proud people are reduced to nothing but second-class citizens in their own proud mountain, firmly under the thumb of their cruel elven overlords, plotting and planning for the Great Day of Liberation. A hero to arise amongst thte downtrodden dwarfish masters to finally drive out the Elves and reunify Dwarven lands. A free, and happy people.

AUQyQBN.png

2a6a4e7825331c6c5172f94fb6d3a05b.png

"Wow." Wyot 'Anvilbender' Thorne thought as he read the informational plaque attached to the exhibit at the Dwarven Travelling Museum.

"My ancestors." He smiled, shuffling off to the gift shop, to purchase a neat little trinket adorning his supposed Dwarven name, one he would surely hang with his collection of items obtained throughout his romp through his newfound obsession.

Wyot was not a popular man, often accosted by his supposed friends during trips to the tavern. After a few pints of dark ale he would often become boisterous in revelry, proclaiming his intent to return to his 'ancestral homeland' to 'drive those damn elves out' and reunify both North and South of the Lomer Mountain.

Many doubted Wyot's claim, given his tall lanky stature, his fair hair and suspiciously pointed ears. But they never thought much of it. Frankly, no one thought much of him in general. The man spent most of his years, hoarding tomes and artefacts relating to the Hammerites. The only person that supported him in his endeavour was his mother, his father had been absent his entire life. His mother only describing her one-time lover as a 'traveller from an antique land' and that fever had taken him shortly after Wyot was born.

Will Wyot don his prized Hammerite armour and venture onward to become the freedom fighter he had always fantasised of becoming?

Will his true lineage be unveiled to him? And will he accept or reject it?

Who cares.

I certainly don't.

AUQyQBN.png

Name: Wyot Thorne (Anvilbender in the tongue of his ancestors).
Race: Self-identified Dwarf

Class: Third Class Dwarven Shield-breaker of the Black Hammer
(Warrior + Ranger)

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae

THE LAST CHARLATAN

Diggy diggy hole.

Diggy diggy hole."

(Author Unknown)
In the mists of time, known to the realm of men as the era of legend there lived the proud Hammerite Dwarfs of the Lone Lomer Mountain. A people who wholly rejected magic in favour of tangible materials forged from bronze, gold and iron. These hearty folk spent almost all of their existence in the labyrinth of dwarf-made caverns which ran like pulsating arteries throughout the heart of their mountain home. For thousands of generations, the Hammerite Dwarfs staved off Goblin infestations and incursions from the human lords of the Lomer Lowlands. But, when all of this history was brought low when King Nimbard marched his elven hordes toward the North in a ruthless campaign of expansion. Dwarf iron, powder and shot were brought low by elf dragon-fire, and not even the great technological bounds the Hammerites had made could save them from annexation by the relentless King Nimbard.

Now, this once proud people are reduced to nothing but second-class citizens in their own proud mountain, firmly under the thumb of their cruel elven overlords, plotting and planning for the Great Day of Liberation. A hero to arise amongst thte downtrodden dwarfish masters to finally drive out the Elves and reunify Dwarven lands. A free, and happy people.

AUQyQBN.png

"Wow." Wyot 'Anvilbender' Thorne thought as he read the informational plaque attached to the exhibit at the Dwarven Travelling Museum.

"My ancestors." He smiled, shuffling off to the gift shop, to purchase a neat little trinket adorning his supposed Dwarven name, one he would surely hang with his collection of items obtained throughout his romp through his newfound obsession.

Wyot was not a popular man, often accosted by his supposed friends during trips to the tavern. After a few pints of dark ale he would often become boisterous in revelry, proclaiming his intent to return to his 'ancestral homeland' to 'drive those damn elves out' and reunify both North and South of the Lomer Mountain.

Many doubted Wyot's claim, given his tall lanky stature, his fair hair and suspiciously pointed ears. But they never thought much of it. Frankly, no one thought much of him in general. The man spent most of his years, hoarding tomes and artefacts relating to the Hammerites. The only person that supported him in his endeavour was his mother, his father had been absent his entire life. His mother only describing her one-time lover as a 'traveller from an antique land' and that fever had taken him shortly after Wyot was born.

Will Wyot don his prized Hammerite armour and venture onward to become the freedom fighter he had always fantasised of becoming?

Who cares.

I certainly don't.

AUQyQBN.png

(Warrior + Ranger)

this ambivalent relationship of shitpost and a serious sheet makes this so fucking funny
I love it

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

THE LAST CHARLATAN

Diggy diggy hole.

Diggy diggy hole."

(Author Unknown)

AUQyQBN.png

Who cares.

I certainly don't.

AUQyQBN.png

(Warrior + Ranger)

I hate the fact that this feels legitimate and like you put actual effort into it because its genuinely fucking cool lmao