Dwarf Fortress: Seagull noises edition.

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
Head is sore from the seagull noises after 6 hours with the ambient tracks but yeah, worth getting this game from my experience.

Reactions: List

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Very addicted, I couldn't stand a lot of the music so I just put my own witcher 3 ambient noise in the background. Instant mood changer.

so far I'm barely managing it but it is honestly is not as complicated as I thought. I got 2 years before figuring out that bins and barrels are actually needed and will save your life in managing shit.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I STILL CAN NOT FIGURE OUT FARMING!? (I've just been buying shit cause all my crops die or disappear???)

still having a blast, can't wait to die in horrible ways!

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I've been a fan of DF since like, 2009? Absolutely amazing its finally on Steam. Having a blast. Got my throat ripped out by a zombie moose.

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
First fort fell to a werebeast outbreak and second one I've doomed a habitat of an underground cave with lava.

there's a war of Trogs v Fishpeople fighting over territory while my dwarves are pissing about above.
image.png

Still figuring a few things out with logistics and I built so many Doors my game crashed when I had my dwarves haul em into a new stockpile lmao.

e: there's no bird noises in this fort thank armok

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
im struggling with what to do

i've set up a basic fortress that's self-sustained
we have food, mead, and are too isolated to get attacked
whats next?

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
im struggling with what to do

i've set up a basic fortress that's self-sustained
we have food, mead, and are too isolated to get attacked
whats next?
*DIG*

or anything else you get creative with

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
All was going well till a weredeer attacked, we killed it but I didn't realize it infects people.

It infected a kid who went on to murder two people and bit others. Unfortunately I did not see who was bit and who wasn't so now I'm playing among us in my 60+ pop fortress waiting for the weredeer's to pop up.

This game just became a horror game all of a sudden...

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
im having a fucking fit at trying to build a staircase
E98xbpb.png

V68Wa6w.png

i have a nice two floor downward staircase
i think "i need to build up 1 floor so i can store more stuff"

turns out stairs cant adjust so if you have downward stairs they are permanently downward and you can never turn them into up/down stairs which means in order for me to build up a floor i'd have to mine out a ramp somewhere else in the fort and ruin the travel paths for everyone

Last edited:

sots

community bear
Nebulae
lost my first fortress to a random army of undead warriors attacking me before i figured out how drawbridges work/millitary stuff. round two is going swimmingly

NhTi1e5.png

vQgDNQD.png

JOMUZIn.png

diggy diggy hole

only incident ive had so far was losing one of my miners by sending them to fight an elephant, but now shes like an undead miner girl who kept on mining or something??? shout out to this girl
HJ4dzKI.png

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Pretty much giving up my first fortress because I breached into a cavern, loads of monster slaying tourists came to join, I said sure, some of them died, and for some reason my dwarves refuse to bury the dead despite having a tomb area allocated and coffins made for the corpses, and I'm tired of getting haunted, plus I feel like I can do better next time. Also for some reason a dwarf died of dehydration despite us having a water source that they had accessed for a long time already

I also find it odd that the dwarves hate being outside, and that for some reason plants "grow better the further down they are??" Maybe I'm coming at this with minecraft brain thinking they need to be nearby water and in sunlight, idk

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Pretty much giving up my first fortress because I breached into a cavern, loads of monster slaying tourists came to join, I said sure, some of them died, and for some reason my dwarves refuse to bury the dead despite having a tomb area allocated and coffins made for the corpses, and I'm tired of getting haunted, plus I feel like I can do better next time. Also for some reason a dwarf died of dehydration despite us having a water source that they had accessed for a long time already

I also find it odd that the dwarves hate being outside, and that for some reason plants "grow better the further down they are??" Maybe I'm coming at this with minecraft brain thinking they need to be nearby water and in sunlight, idk

there's a bug at the moment, each tomb is owned exclusively by 1 dwarf who died in it, so you have to mark each coffin as its own tomb

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
there's a bug at the moment, each tomb is owned exclusively by 1 dwarf who died in it, so you have to mark each coffin as its own tomb
I tried this and even then they still wouldn't bury the fuckin dwarf it was assigned to