Dying Light 2 thread

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

Thank you @Gazra for showing me this game that I somehow missed, and am 5 months late to.

also if you havent played the original Dying Light yet, you really should, play it solo or play it co-op, it's great with friends or alone, really do give it a shot, the best zombie game probably ever to have come out so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I hope Kyle Crane is referenced, as far as game protagonists go - I really liked him.

Also looking forward to this, Dying Light is prolly my favorite Zombie game of all time, tied with Dead Rising 2 and Left 4 Dead

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Same voice actor as Sonic the Hedgehog and Chris Redfield btw

Did you know that, weird innit
heh nothing personnel kid

Can I against just say that they got Chris fucking Avellone on board I mean holy fuck how did I miss this?!

Last edited:

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
thought the first one was shit

really like the dishonored feel to this one and the mechanics so i was pleasantly surprised when it was unveiled at e3

fofa

Atom
Nebulae
This game better be good like the first one.
As a protagonist, I loved Kyle Crane. I really hope that they'll reference him in one way or another.
As much as some people hated DL1, I loved it and it's surely my favorite game about zombies

And the second game will have more RPG mechanics, and the choices of the player will shape the world of the game, so that means that it'll be even better than the first one
Can't wait for the second game, really

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
dying light 1 was really good
while I did like the first one though, the setting in this one looks a bit eh imo, too much dishonored for me
I would of rather had another relatively unexplored urban setting like the first (i think it was brazil?)
I'll still probably play this one at some point though

rhino

Quark
Nebulae
I hope Kyle Crane is referenced, as far as game protagonists go - I really liked him.

Also looking forward to this, Dying Light is prolly my favorite Zombie game of all time, tied with Dead Rising 2 and Left 4 Dead
didn't he turn into a night hunter?

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
thought the first one was shit

really like the dishonored feel to this one and the mechanics so i was pleasantly surprised when it was unveiled at e3
yh the game was really forgettable for me, nothing stood out in the game for me except for the parkour mechanics and night time

Masky

Full time lurker, Part time social anxiety attack.
Nebulae
Whenever I see trailers like that and hear things like "functioning reactive world." all I can feel is jaded.
If it really works then it's going to be awesome if not then it's just going to ship as another incomplete game with missing features.
Also what happened to Dying Light: Bad Blood? Weren't they working on that battle royale cash grab?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Also what happened to Dying Light: Bad Blood? Weren't they working on that battle royale cash grab?
I'd say that came after Dying Light 2, it's probably not even as difficult to repurpose Dying Light 1 into a battle royale considering it already had a functioning multiplayer. Think like COD

Dying Light 2 has probably already had a few years worth of development

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Whenever I see trailers like that and hear things like "functioning reactive world." all I can feel is jaded.
yeah but like

they've got Chris Avellone

all he does is be the best in his field at making games with that exact description

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Old news from like June but on the off-chance anyone's keeping up and is out of the loop on this Chris Avellone - the guy I've been praising this entire thread about making good videogames got dropped from the project due to allegations of sexual harassment so this is likely to take a whole lot longer than it was meant to take - and with no release-date in sight it's possible it'll get shelved entirely.

It still looks like such a good game so I'm hoping it'll get released regardless. I imagine the story is still all in place given he was on the team for what is pretty much all of the dev until now before being dropped.

comradic

Molecule
Nebulae
Old news from like June but on the off-chance anyone's keeping up and is out of the loop on this Chris Avellone - the guy I've been praising this entire thread about making good videogames got dropped from the project due to allegations of sexual harassment so this is likely to take a whole lot longer than it was meant to take - and with no release-date in sight it's possible it'll get shelved entirely.

It still looks like such a good game so I'm hoping it'll get released regardless. I imagine the story is still all in place given he was on the team for what is pretty much all of the dev until now before being dropped.
Dead Island 2 moment

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Apparently they're still pushing development along and its due out next year, so that's something at least? As of two weeks ago this was confirmed, anyway.