Denied Dylla Otero Appeal

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by owlmom, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owlmom

owlmom Electron

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: Owlmom
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:27529648

Character Name: Sen. Dylla Otero

Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: I don't know. @shad I guess.

What Led To Your Character's Death?: A situation which could, in the least polite way, be considered an avalanche of absolute nonsense. "Touching a Transhuman", "Disrespecting Units", "Avoiding Prosecution".

Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?: The situation overall was just nonsensical and not worthy of a proper PK. So I've been told.

Date Of Occurrence: 5/30/19

Evidence: I don't really have the ability to get the evidence needed. It's in the server logs.

Other Players Involved: @shad @sky @Oswald @Candle (idk)

Any Other Details: I don't regularly do appeals but this situation was ridiculous and I'm still very clearly livid about it. It's ridiculous to assume your life is -at risk- because you call a tool what it is and state for a rude unit to 'Mind Themselves'. A lot worse had slipped through the cracks so I've been told. Not every character in CAB likes Transhumans. It's not insane to assume a Senator is opposed to them.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • nebulous nebulous x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dallahan

Dallahan a bad memer
    HL2 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    from what i gathered you went on to touch ota and disrespected them even after being given a warning

atleast thats what i read from logs

3. Candle

Candle uwu

Nebulae:
    in this specific segment, after being released from a cell and brought back into the nexus, muttered 'cockend' under their breath in regards to the ota that yeeted them, with said ota lads turning around and following them into a room. the one who beat them the first time tried to punch them again- she tried to dodge, succeeded, though did not dodge the following shotgun blast to the stomach.

tbh? should've been nlr. new cab player, 4 day old char.

4. owlmom

owlmom Electron

Nebulae:
    Perhaps i'm blind and have a poor memory.

When was I warned.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  5. sky

sky Loremaster
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    So I'm not going to defend the reason why we killed you in-depth because I've had to explain myself about four times now. However, the gist was that you constantly wouldn't let it up to the point of directly insulting a soldier a couple minutes after being locked up and told off by the Chancellor.

You were going to get away with it again with the 'cockend' but the '/me dodges punch' started to cross the line after we went to beat you, so I decided to tell @shad to kill you.

You got to understand that while you can maybe mess around with CPs and other CAB without dying, you can't mess around with us. It was clear to us that beating you up, locking you up and you getting reprimanded wasn't enough so the only thing left was to kill you.

Other people may have gotten away with similar things before yes but a crackdown has got to start somewhere (and also I have not seen a case of someone touching and directly insulting a transhuman, and getting away with it).

Regardless of these facts, I dislike PKs in general so I am up for NLR -- I didn't ask for nor issue the PK in the first place but people do tend to get PK'd for these kinds of things, so I don't tend to make decisions in regards to that.

By the Chancellor after you were detained (and arguably the beating also counted as a warning) -- before being let out and proceeding to insult @shad in front of 2 other soldiers, including myself, and a proselyte.

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  6. Snook

Snook Moderator
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    I don't know if the reason you acted this way was because you're new to the faction and don't know how they're supposed to interact with transhumans or your character is just like this, but either way it is not acceptable for your character to do that and then not expect to be punished for it in-character. The Civil Authority isn't above transhumans in any way, they don't take orders from us and you don't boss them around. You listen to them, and they can kill you.

Logs like this:
    Code:
        Line 22528: [18:04:12] [ME] Sen. Dylla Otero: had actually ducked this time and backed up. "Are you kidding me. Stand down."
        Line 22533: [18:04:23] [Y] Sen. Dylla Otero: I said -Stand down-
        Line 22638: [18:05:48] [ME] Sen. Dylla Otero: stared at the Transhuman's shotgun before snuffing through her nose and just meeting its visors. She'd remain silent as-if ready to duck another errant punch.

Are reasons why you got killed. You're ordering a transhuman around, dodging a punch from someone higher than you after two warnings (from the Chancellor, and from being beaten up) and still continue to act as their superior in-character, insulting them and being a nuisance to them. It might be how your character is, but doing it that blatantly leads to you being killed.

I wasn't around for the scenario, so I can't tell you if the whole situation warranted you dying, but logs like those hint at the reasoning. Good luck with the appeal.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  7. Señor Jaggles

Señor Jaggles Zasshu Impaler Extraordinaire
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I can already see people joining while uninvolved so please don't involve yourselves at all unless you're part of the appeal or you have evidence to add.

• nebulous nebulous x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Whilt

Whilt Woh
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    As snook aforementioned, CAB are not above OTA in any capacity whatsoever, and they are expected to obey their commands to the best of their ability -- with that out the way, lets move on.

I think you calling the soldier a "cockend" was, while inappropriate, not exactly worthy of you being shot. I understand that you attempted to dodge being punched, and again while I'm not defending the action I also think that was not exactly worthy of you being shot there and then, if anything they should've dragged you back to your cell and probably given you another harsh beating. I appreciate what skyshield means --that there's a point where you have to come down on people -- and in this case it is entirely justified, although I have to question wether a PK was wholly necessary. I did hope you would have taken my warning to heart, though. If this PK sticks, you'll be offered another opportunity at CAB on a fresh character.

• nebulous nebulous x 18
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  9. Señor Jaggles

Señor Jaggles Zasshu Impaler Extraordinaire
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Considering the point made by @sky and the repeated offences, the PK is valid. A Civil Authority member with rebellious nature and even unstable at times can't really roam about freely in a place filled with HVTs, it's a constant danger. Of course I'm in OOC knowledge about the existence of corrupt CAB and the likes, but that's OOC knowledge, not IC. If they were to go haywire they would receive the same treatment.

Now, checking the appeal

I've seen you've crossed the line before, in a short period of time, too. I'm guessing this was just the final drop of water.

It's OOCly a tool (for the server and staff). IC it's a very important Union asset, which a rather short fuse. If you act against it, you're acting directly against Union authority, also known as rebellious. You really don't want to have someone who questions and counters the authority of the Union in a building filled with HVTs as I said above. You don't have to be completely robotic and brainwashed about it, but at least be smart enough not to insult them directly and show rebellious attitudes right under their noses, because that's a suicide letter.

Transhuman units are not "rude", they follow protocols. That means they will treat you the way their protocols tell them, and will not act differently for this or that reason. The relationship between CAB and OTA is merely professional. There's no place for rudeness there because you're not jolly friends, but a simple guard-guarded pair.

Yes but they were most likely dropping it and not directly to soldiers.

You're not forced to like them, but they're imposed by the Union. You can dislike them, but you can't oppose them, because that's directly challenging Union authority. If you stand in front of them Tiananmen Square style all you will get is a punch to your face or worse.

All of this said, I may have considered an NLR for the sake of a second opportunity, but for the sake of not voiding anything and keeping it more rutinary, and since @Whilt offered you to create a new character, I will deny this PK appeal and gladly accept and endorse this creation of a new character. Nothing is voided so people may talk about this IC, fear it, celebrate it, rumour shit or whatever you wish, all of those cool things.

• nebulous nebulous x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice