Elan's Cinema4D Experiments

Elan

Proton
Nebulae
Hey everyone. Since ive started making stuff again I figure its about time to make a thread for it all.
Everything below has been made in Maxon's Cinema4D.

Stuff has been uploaded so the more recent shit should be at the top and my older stuff at the bottom.
Enjoy.

jfyZdc3.png

hc1tyyQ.png

tA4Kurh.png

lcfvEQk.jpg

1EaR8K5.jpg

xisXcYa.jpg

TzNRRED.jpg

rmQkkri.png

CUYM6eI.png

3dX0nzu.jpg

0e36T1l.jpg

ym9TvPH.jpg

Reactions: List

TwistedSilicon

Magic Citrus Fruit Man
Nebulae
Love it!

Diverse, with a nice clean mix of various types of shots (closeups, environments, videos). You've clearly gone with a different style in mind for each piece. Keep it up!

Questions:

How easy is it to learn for you?

Is it worth the price tag?

How much support is there in terms of tutorials and other guides?

Anyways, always good to see some creativity on the creativity thread.

Last edited:

Elan

Proton
Nebulae
Love it!

Diverse, with a nice clean mix of various types of shots (closeups, environments, videos). You've clearly gone with a different style in mind for each piece. Keep it up!

Questions:

How easy is it to learn for you?

Is it worth the price tag?

How much support is there in terms of tutorials and other guides?

Anyways, always good to see some creativity on the creativity thread.
Hey man cheers, Im happy you like the work.

For how easy it has been to learn, so far I have been using C4D for 2-3 years and its one of the more difficult software's I have used as it took me 2 years using it on and off before I started to easily use it without following tutorials constantly.

Overall I would not recommend buying the program straight away if you haven't got any previous experience with 3D design as the 50 quid per month price tag is a bit much if you still need to dedicate a lot of time towards learning the program. However I'm sure there are free versions online if you look hard enough and there is the trail version if you just want a quick test run of it.

Also tutorials and guides. There are tons out there on youtube and other sites, some of which are paid classes. I must admit, there isn't quite as many as blender but the amount of support isn't far off.

Elan

Proton
Nebulae
Hey everyone, its been a while!
As part of my final uni project I have been looking at IKEA and how over 75% of their catalogue is comprised of 3D rendered imagery. This creates a disconnect from reality as the marketed objects in the catalogue have no tangible connection with reality. This is due to their digital creation and portrayal not requiring the same physical reference than if they were depicted through traditional studio photography for example.

My project aims to exaggerate this disconnect with reality by implementing themes of surrealism into the IKEA catalogue and the marketed objects it contains. The front cover is my take on Magritte's 'The Legend of the Centuries'
the-legend-of-the-centuries-rene-magritte.jpg

YV5ikkn.jpg

Cm8109U.jpg

7CjZacE.jpg

dy9JVji.jpg

mlUxGGX.jpg

Elan

Proton
Nebulae
6ITAcRk.png

This one was made as an album cover for a mate of mine but I found mucking around with specular materials in octane render yielded some funky effects. Also after like 8 long months of applying ive finally managed to find myself some work so I probably wont have too much time to work on many more of these.