Denied Elias Gunther

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by Anti-tankspy, May 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anti-tankspy

Anti-tankspy Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: Anti-tankspy

Steam ID: not needed

Server: STASILAND

Character Name: Elias Gunther

Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: I've got no idea.

What Led To Your Character's Death?:
    Right, I'll explain everything from the start.

A month back ago, while we were still on the fork map, I was just walking around on this character. As most of you know back then the city was a bit empty and there was barely any RP within, so I decide to leave the main urban area and explore around the map for a bit, maybe I could'ave found anything interesting to incite roleplay. I discover certain areas, such as the SAF base and the airfield, and I finally come upon the castle. When I arrived, The main gates of the castle had something like the following written on it:

'These gates are closed.'

I do a /y of me saying 'Hello, not really expecting an answer. However, to my surprise, someone responds with a /me of preparing their weapon, I expected a Stasi officer or a Soviet soldier to come out, however a few seconds later I find the castle being under sniper fire by the SAF. A guy appears out of nowhere and asks me to hide. After a bit of neglecting, I decide to do what he told me to do and hid. By sheer coinsidence, I find out that the castle is a hotspot of insurgent activity as the guy has told me, to my surprise. I was about to leave the building I was hiding in and made a /me of leaving unless I was interrupted by the guy. He did not physically stop me as far as my memory recalls it, but he kept yelling at me not to leave. As I was about to leave, however, I heard a mortar shell blowing up a few feet infront of me, then I walk back by a small bit from the door of the house and while I was typing a /me of stepping back, another mortar shell somehow manages to kill my character, even though I was well dug-in within the small house. I die, respawn, walk around the city for two minutes, then I disconnect, and I haven't joined WW3RP ever since until just recently except for one time where I attempted to join I think a few weeks back, but I couldn't play because my internet was too weak, so I left.

Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?:

I've genuinely had no idea, neither ICly nor OOCly that back at the time that the castle was a hotspot for insurgents. I only went there in search for RP and was about to leave when all of a sudden someone responds to me yelling. Then all of a sudden it gets attacked and I'm forced to hide, and then again, somehow, I was killed by a MORTAR SHELL, even though I WAS DUG IN a building, while I was typing a /me of moving back and hiding in.

I know it's been a while since this PK was probably issued, but I've only just recently realized that this character was PKed. This guy has special auths and a lot of potential to be a pretty engaging character, therefore I would not like for a character like him to be thrown in the dust like this.

Date Of Occurrence:
    I dunno, a big while ago.

Evidence:
    N/A

Other Players Involved:
    Whoever it was that hid in the house with me, don't know their OOC name.

Any Other Details:
    Again, I know it's been a while since this PK was issued, but I've only just realized that this guy was PKed, and I hope that an exception is made for this guy in that case. Like I said, He has a lot of potential to be an amazing character and it'd be pretty disappointing for this guy to be PKed for such a silly misunderstanding.

#1 Anti-tankspy, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. echs dee

echs dee Electron

Nebulae:
    Not an reviewer, but your PK appeal has time to be posted up to a week after your characters PK, I believe.

3. Roosebud

Roosebud Administrator
    Head Staff WW3 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    We generally dont handle appeals for pks that happened that long ago, seeing as the logs might be gone and the people involved usually forgot what exactly happened. That’s why we have a rule of appealing within a specific timeframe

4. Anti-tankspy

Anti-tankspy Nucleus

Nebulae:

I'm quite sorry but then again, I had no idea this guy was pked until recently, as I didn't know that dying at the castle would be a PK and that I stayed for a bit and wasn't pked only to realize he was PKed during my inactivity. There would've been no possible way for me to know that he was PKed.

#4 Anti-tankspy, May 5, 2020
  5. swexs

swexs
    WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    This will be a hard one, as Roosebud said, the rule for PK appeals is to prevent exactly this, people eventually forgot what happened, making it quite biased for the person who is appealing (given noone actually recalls what exactly went down) - and if you don't provide us the exact date in which he was banned, it will be almost impossible to even review this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Anti-tankspy

Anti-tankspy Nucleus

Nebulae:
    If that's the case then I could quite possibly dig down the date, just give me some time and I'll reply back in a bit.

EDIT: Here are possible dates that could date back to when this happened:

5th of April
    1st of April
    30th of March (this could be most likely it)
    31st of March

@swexs

#6 Anti-tankspy, May 5, 2020
  7. Anti-tankspy

Anti-tankspy Nucleus

Nebulae:
  8. Anti-tankspy

Anti-tankspy Nucleus

Nebulae:
  9. Anti-tankspy

Anti-tankspy Nucleus

Nebulae:
  10. Roosebud

Roosebud Administrator
    Head Staff WW3 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    I already posted that we don't handle PKs that are appealed beyond the initial deadline. I don't have any logs from those dates so it'd be impossible to review

11. swexs

swexs
    WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    I've already given my input, it was literally impossible to review this appeal. The rules of PK appeals are there for a reason.
    Marking this as denied, I apologize for the late verdict, even when you provided me with the dates, it was a hard time log diving, resulting in this impossible to be reviewed.

Once again, I apologize, but I hope you understand our position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice