Accepted Emelia Caros PK Appeal

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by Space Cat, May 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Space Cat

Space Cat String

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: Space Cat
    Steam ID: U:1:252246568

Character Name: Emelia Caros
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: @M3lon

What Led To Your Character's Death?:
    Around 12pm GMT (early morning for myself) I joined the server. There were three people on and I was waiting for more to join. After waiting for about fifteen minutes, I notice a lonely scanner floating nearby and get the irresistible urge to punch it.
    The scanner said:
    [LOOC] AW:SCN-04: yeah aight
    To which I responded with:
    [LOOC] Emelia Caros: hissss
    After realizing it was a player and fearing what was surely to come, I thought I should make it clear that I wasn't to be taken seriously by saying the obvious followup to this lame comedy:
    [LOOC] Emelia Caros: fight me
    [LOOC] Emelia Caros: ill win

I run off and go afk to use the bathroom, and I come back seeing the following:
    *** [A bulky soldier donning in typical Pr...] comes behind the woman and smacks back of her head with his mp7
    * // hey are you there
    [PM] Opr. Turquoise -> Emelia Caros: hey wake up
    *** [A bulky soldier donning in typical Pr...] carries the knocked out woman with him
    *** [A bulky soldier donning in typical Pr...] takes out their usp-t he flicks the safety off and aims to woman's head
    Player Bruzzo has joined the game
    *** [A bulky soldier donning in typical Pr...] pulls the trigger of his pistol sending a bullet to her skull killing her almost instantly
    Opr. Turquoise banned the character Emelia Caros.

Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?:
    I understand that the rules must be uniformly enforced for them to have any effect, and I wouldn't ask for special treatment for any reason. However, I also believe that context should play an important role in deciding adequate punishment. The rules are there to eliminate unserious behavior that can be a disturbance to serious roleplay.

I acted dumb, out of character when I should have remained in character, which fair enough, but even the best actors cannot stay in character 100% of the time. It's easy to forget outtakes are a thing when all you're presented with is a polished film.

I felt it was safe to act out of character for a moment since there was literally nothing going on anywhere on the server. There were three players on, one of which was a non-character, and the other wasn't around when this happened. It was not my intention to troll or to be a disturbance to anyone. It's not something I would do when there are others trying to roleplay.

There could be an argument made for enforcing IC without exception, but this is the result of that heavy-handed method. Is it fair? Not really, if you ask me. Is it fun? Definately not.

"If a character breaks in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" -sPACEcAT 2019

Again, I apologize if anyone was harmed in the making of this novel. It wasn't my intention and I should be more careful in the future.

Date Of Occurrence: 5/22/2019
    Evidence: Not necessary, guilty plea. Pls forgive.
    Other Players Involved: AW:SCN-04 @ɭucid

Any Other Details: Have mercy. I'm usually a good lad, I swear.

EDIT: Thanks @Pyromaniac

#1 Space Cat, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
    • nebulous nebulous x 3
  2. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac rob-approved!
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Is @Smiley

No further involvement, wish you luck on your appeal!
    Merged:
    @M3lon
    (Another you forgot to tag)

3. lucid

lucid aussie battler

Nebulae:
    my internet cut out just after you started punching me so I didn't see you joking around in LOOC- from my perspective, you were a wordless minge who just decided to pick a fight with my scanner, so I acted accordingly. it's clear this isn't the case, and you were simply an innocent roleplayer messing around at graveyard hours so i'm in support of un-PK here. in the future, you should probably refrain from doing things like this anyway.

@Pyromaniac nah, I'M SCN-04.

• nebulous nebulous x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac rob-approved!
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Apologies, Asked @Havok to tell me who it is. I checked the Overwatch Roster (which definitely needs to be updated) which had no-one in the spot. So we could've definitely been wrong

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. M3lon

M3lon Approved by Erdogan

Nebulae:
    From my POV you punched a scanner. Scanner asks for my help because there are no CP's on. I try to KO you but you were afk so I teleported you to the cell and amputated you. The sign at spawn clearly states that you are IC beyond it.

This is pretty cut and clear for me and I don't think there's more to say. Let's wait for PK managements response

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  6. dallahan

dallahan a bad memer
    B A N N E D HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    you shouldnt have involved yourself with that

proselytes dont intervene with what CPs do unless it directly involves the Senate

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. lucid

lucid aussie battler

Nebulae:
    i thought it was necessary as there was an anti-citizen in a highly controlled union zone. due to there being no other units available he was the only option, this shouldn't be an issue

8. M3lon

M3lon Approved by Erdogan

Nebulae:
    I can vaguely remember that we could intervene if there is no CP's online and if it's a terminal verdict way before. I misread the transgression protocols in the guide then, sorry.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Space Cat

Space Cat String

Nebulae:
    I don't really mind the 'how it happened' so much as the 'why it happened'. It wasn't meant to be IC, even if that is the standard assumption based off the warning in spawn, and if those assumptions were applied reasonably to my character. I understand I'm fully at fault here for acting like an idiot, for which I am sorry. I still think my character should be unbanned, based solely on the impact my un-seriousness had on the atmosphere (or lack thereof), and the fact that I do actively roleplay on the character and am not just using it to troll with.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. lucid

lucid aussie battler

Nebulae:
    yes, again, this is incredibly uncharacteristic for space cat and was clearly a joke that i didn't take note of due to being unable to read his messages. although i have to officially state you shouldn't be doing this regardless, i can see where you were just trying to be comedic at graveyard hours. this definitely isn't a throwaway character, and i fully support your un-PK on the grounds that you don't be silly again.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Señor Jaggles

Señor Jaggles Zasshu Impaler Extraordinaire
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Not only you broke an IC law, you also broke a rule:
    If I give you a chance, I could be flagged as biased and emotional, as certain people have done in the past even without grounds.

If I don't give you a chance, I'll be seen as overly serious or an outright asshole, depending on who gives their opinion and their ways of diplomacy.

Damned if I do damned if I don't, I prefer to take the "friendly" take on the situation and grant you an unPK considering it was low pop even for graveyard hours.

However, don't take this verdict as a reference, since in similar situations the outcome may differ considering this is a show of good will, not what I objectively should do.

Accepted and locked. If you want to mess around in graveyard hours be sure not to involve factions like these which may lead to bigger issues.

• nebulous nebulous x 13
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice