Accepted EmilyFontaine - LSPD Application

EmilyFontaine

String
Nebulae
Character name: Emily Fontaine

Date of birth: 02/02-95

Briefly describe your character's background:

Emily, back before she was known as such, grew up in the suburbs, and had a relatively normal life.
However, that all got turned upside down when she came out as trans, and was subsequently thrown out of the house.
Now she needs money to afford estrogen and corrective surgeries.

Why do you want to join the LSPD? (IC & OOC): IC
: Emily has always had a keen sense of justice. She may be a bit on the serious side, but she means well. And while there are many ways for her to earn the money that she needs, she wants it to have purpose, and what better purpose than to police a city where crime is at an all time high?

OOC: The LSPD plays a very central role in GTA RP, and it's a role that I have a lot of similar experiences with, and one that I greatly enjoy playing. I understand that the standard for RP as the LSPD may be higher than other roles, and that this character might come off as a bit of a joke character, but I think keeping a character grounded in a role like this is very important to avoid being overbearing.

What are your character's short-term and long-term goals within the LSPD?:

Short term, learn the role and how to play it best. It's really difficult to predict how the dynamic on a fresh RP server will work, so my goal on the short term is to adapt and learn from my experiences.
Long term, passing on the knowledge that I get. Having played other RP servers, I know how daunting it can be to join in fresh, or simply be fresh to the role, so I wanna help people ease into it more.

Do you have experience on any other roleplay servers?:

I have almost 9 years of experience playing security roles on Space Station 13, namely on a server called Paradise Station. In addition to learning Space Law, there's Standard Operating Procedures that you have to learn for your own department, but ideally for other departments as well. It's a lot to learn, but I think it's really engaging. SS13 has a lot of systems and mechanics that the laws and SOP have to account for, so I don't think I'll have a tough time learning it here. Most importantly, playing there taught me a lot of the meta aspects of playing a law enforcer. You'll often get called 'fun police,' and often for good reason. An overzealous officer, barring griefers, cheaters and whatever else, is probably the biggest threat to interesting engagements and roleplay there is. It's often much better for an officer to respond in kind to the threat, instead of over preparing for every scenario just to put and end to it as fast as possible and to "win." Criminals are the catalyst for most of the interesting RP that occurs, and it's up to the officers to keep it in check, without squashing their potential to create interesting scenarios before they even see the light of day.

What is your time zone?:
GMT+1

Do you understand that this role is very strict and not following the rules/protocols will result in your removal:

Yes.

Reactions: List

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae
Thank you for applying to join the Los Santos Police Department.

We are pleased to welcome you to the LSPD. You will be granted access to the Los Santos Police Department forum where you can familiarize yourself with any important information posted there or simply ask any questions you may have.

Before we start your induction into the LSPD, please provide us with your discord username in this thread and make sure you're in the nebulous discord.

From there, you will receive further details on your induction.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the character you applied with currently is employed by Burgershot. If you wish to create a new character and use said character for your application please let me know through discord. Unless of course you'd like to quit Burgershot :)